Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Godrick the Grafted more like Godrick the rear end-blasted...by me...when I killed him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Mean Baby posted:

How was the performance? I've seen that it looks to have a lot of frame dips on PS5, but I have seen they have a couple of patches.

I am torn between getting on PC where I need to sit at my desk (which is also my work desk) or chill on the couch. The visuals and frame rates are much better on PC in the demo for me, but I find single player RPGs / ARPGs better on the couch.

Just got the Plat.

I was playing it on performance mode, so I didn't really notice any frame rate issues outside of using the super moves (L2 & R2), usually using those brought it down to single digit frames, but otherwise in performance mode it was fine.

I play my PS5 at my desk, next to my PC so it was fine from that point of view, but I would probably be more comfortable for longer playing on the couch.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I have a PS5 finally. It's awesome. Finished Stray in a day or so as an intro, love GT7 update, but the thing I can't stop playing/thinking about is Elden Ring. I've only played 40 min. or so of Bloodbourne and thought this Souls stuff wasn't for me, but I bought Elden Ring because I want to support interesting games, started as a Bandit - got royally owned by some wolves - restarted as a Samurai and beat that boss and now I don't want to play other things so much. Spiderman: Miles edition is fun for the webswinging part. I think ER has ruined combat for me tho.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Well I fixed the issue I was having in theatrhythm with the huge audio delay in that I had the ps5 connected to the TV and then the output from the tv going to the amp. I was confused as hell as to why I had set it up this way when running the ps5 through the amp fixes the delay completely but I found out this morning when playing with headphones on cuz the amp shuts off after a while of inactivity and I lost the video to the tv haha. I'm sure theres some setting on my amp that keeps it from going into standby that I was too lazy to figure out

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
New witcher patch that came out this week readded the "top notch swords" line to the armourer in novigrad, they removed the line cos he didnt sell any but it was the most complained about change in the ps5 version lol.

They actually gave him swords tho now, relic witcher swords that scale to your level and are from the og e3 2014 vid with scabbards that never made it to release. Huge update. Mountain flickering is gone, rt looks great, more frames. Greaf!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Custard Undies posted:

Just got the Plat.

I was playing it on performance mode, so I didn't really notice any frame rate issues outside of using the super moves (L2 & R2), usually using those brought it down to single digit frames, but otherwise in performance mode it was fine.

I play my PS5 at my desk, next to my PC so it was fine from that point of view, but I would probably be more comfortable for longer playing on the couch.

How did you get on with the endless sliding tile puzzle chests? Great game overall but gently caress me those things are a pain

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Life imitating art...

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1621578680735506433?t=_33pPtZzVmeypwsoiZ-Lyg&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Mean Baby posted:

How was the performance? I've seen that it looks to have a lot of frame dips on PS5, but I have seen they have a couple of patches.

I am torn between getting on PC where I need to sit at my desk (which is also my work desk) or chill on the couch. The visuals and frame rates are much better on PC in the demo for me, but I find single player RPGs / ARPGs better on the couch.

Game is going to run like poo poo unless you have a very high-end pc, even tweaking everything. Get the PS5 version, put it on performance mode, and just deal with some less than stellar optimization and graphics that vary imo.

Necrothatcher posted:

How did you get on with the endless sliding tile puzzle chests? Great game overall but gently caress me those things are a pain

I gotta come clean, I kind of like them and I don't know why :sweatdrop:

But yeah, Forspoken is great and will prolly make my top 10 this year. Once again, Easy Allies gets it right.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The PC release of TLOUp1 got pushed back a few weeks to the end of March

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Necrothatcher posted:

Most of them were fairly easy, couple I had to reset a couple times though.

Probably the most annoying thing I found was doing the, spoiling just in case, Last dance quick time event after I finished the game and was getting the last remaining trophies.

A few of the areas where you had to use your jumping/mobility abilities to get to monuments were a little annoying too. But nothing super frustrating.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

squirrelzipper posted:

I have a PS5 finally. It's awesome. Finished Stray in a day or so as an intro, love GT7 update, but the thing I can't stop playing/thinking about is Elden Ring. I've only played 40 min. or so of Bloodbourne and thought this Souls stuff wasn't for me, but I bought Elden Ring because I want to support interesting games, started as a Bandit - got royally owned by some wolves - restarted as a Samurai and beat that boss and now I don't want to play other things so much. Spiderman: Miles edition is fun for the webswinging part. I think ER has ruined combat for me tho.

Welcome to the PS5. Your plate is already full, but you must know sony is cancelling the playstation plus collection in May. It is a list of 20 free games you can claim since you own a ps5 (ps plus subscription required). So be sure to claim them before the time is up. Also, Astro's Playroom is a free game you can add to the list, it is pretty good. And put Returnal on your list of games to get to some day.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Welcome to the PS5. Your plate is already full, but you must know sony is cancelling the playstation plus collection in May. It is a list of 20 free games you can claim since you own a ps5 (ps plus subscription required). So be sure to claim them before the time is up. Also, Astro's Playroom is a free game you can add to the list, it is pretty good. And put Returnal on your list of games to get to some day.

19 games. Also make sure to claim the January PS+ games before they change on Tuesday. Even if you're not paying for PS+ you could just burn an Extra or Premium free trial and grab them (as well as the February games) so they're there if you do in the future.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Custard Undies posted:

Most of them were fairly easy, couple I had to reset a couple times though.

Probably the most annoying thing I found was doing the, spoiling just in case, Last dance quick time event after I finished the game and was getting the last remaining trophies.

A few of the areas where you had to use your jumping/mobility abilities to get to monuments were a little annoying too. But nothing super frustrating.

I'm in the post-game and trying to do the trophy cleanup.

The idea is I definitely need to be doing all monuments, cats, photos, flashbacks and then the rest is just minor clean up?

I don't think you need to do all the enemy clear out areas so I'm skipping those for now.

Fast travel is very fast thanks to the ssd. But it's kind of funny how little of the map is used by the campaign.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
First time I see gameplay footage of the Harry Potter game

https://twitter.com/itsnewyokio/status/1621209768864915456?s=46&t=DbAySwCu6Jauw4bQYREtng

And wow yeah I can tell why they didn’t bother showing any until now.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
It looks like every other game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
can't learn much from a thirty-second clip but my main impressions are the attack effects are really low-impact and doing all this in a frumpy librarian skirt looks a little odd

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
When people were first posting it I thought it was Arkham Knights gameplay at first glance lol

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://twitter.com/itsnewyokio/status/1621209768864915456?s=46&t=DbAySwCu6Jauw4bQYREtng

It looks good :shrug:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BisterdDave posted:

fix your eyes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Looks like every third person action game that scores a mid 80s on metacritic to me

Feels like it takes forever to kill whatever those things are though, could probably do with making them less spongey

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

History Comes Inside! posted:

Looks like every third person action game that scores a mid 80s on metacritic to me

Feels like it takes forever to kill whatever those things are though, could probably do with making them less spongey

True.
Bullet Spell sponges, that don't seem to attack much back.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is it a GaaS? It looks like one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

squirrelzipper posted:

Lol this guy didnt play astrobot

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/MartinNebelong/status/1621643882625630209?t=TKwQ-qBuZRpcUjro_xreVw&s=19

:eyepop:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BisterdDave posted:

:same:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The plot to this mission is putting down a goblin rebellion, they want to get revenge on Hogwarts for using them as slaves, and are going to use a dragon to destroy Hogwarts. So the goblins in this case are the good guys.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought the elf things were slaves and the goblins ran the banks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The game takes place in the past, maybe the rebellion succeeds

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The goblins aren’t the slaves they’re the antisemitic caricatures

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

The goblins aren’t the slaves they’re the antisemitic caricatures

They are both was my understanding.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I said come in! posted:

I thought they were two different species -- the ones who are explicitly slaves are house-elves, and the ones who run the banks and who aren't allowed to own wands are the goblins. But IDK, they're both small vaguely-human shaped creatures, maybe they're related?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I said come in! posted:

no ,elves are the slaves, goblins are the greedy race that owns all the banks

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Lol looks boring as poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phenotype posted:

I thought they were two different species -- the ones who are explicitly slaves are house-elves, and the ones who run the banks and who aren't allowed to own wands are the goblins. But IDK, they're both small vaguely-human shaped creatures, maybe they're related?

Nah, Augus has it right it turns out. Either way, a lot of Rowlings bigotry spills out into her writing in Harry Potter it turns out.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Reminds me of Dragon Age Inquisition

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I need a new game to play.

Dad of War 2 or Dead Space Remake?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I just finished DSR and it is absolutely fantastic. Definitely going for a NG+ run too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do you want to dismember your enemies while screaming in rage with an axe or screaming in terror with a laser

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

They're both great but keep in mind that Dad of War 2 is going to last you longer than Dead Space Remake. According to HowLongToBeat, DSR will last you 12 hours while Dad of War 2 will last you 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I might rent Forspoken next, but I hope this game is good cause it looks like an awesome Steam Deck game!