Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Touchscreen headlights. I don't mean you have to turn them on with a touchscreen either. But maybe you do.

But your headlights are still touchscreens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Touchscreen steering wheel

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I will hunt you idiots down if these end up turning into reality :fuckoff:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

That Works posted:

Touchscreen steering wheel

And brake pedal

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Touchscreen activated seatbelts.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That one James Bond where he drove the car with his cellphone

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wesleywillis posted:

Touchscreen activated seatbelts.

You have to hit the screen to lock them in the fraction of a second before a crash

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

ryanrs posted:

OTOH what if we made the door handle 100% capacitive touch?

That's on the MachE.

It worked ok when I tried it on the showroom.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Mods!!!!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Touchscreen activated airbags

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How long before cars are made with no windows, all screens on the inside

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Zil posted:

Touchscreen activated airbags

Touch the screen with your face, airbags activate.

Except your monthly payment was 15 minutes late, so yo actually just ram your face through the screen.

Maybe next time you'll not be such a deadbeat and pay on time.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Didn't those handles not popping out get a guy burnt to death when the firefighters couldn't get his door open?

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
Voice-activated transmission. And it knows a lot of commands in a lot of languages.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

ihop posted:

Voice-activated transmission. And it knows a lot of commands in a lot of languages.

Alexa, shift gear up

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Upshift, downshift, I can never get it straight, since my conscious mind focuses on which direction the shift knob went in relation to my body.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Electric car with varying performance characteristics due to its horoscope based on its manufacture date

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Good lord this page got cursed as gently caress

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I would simply stay home.

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1621475865694437376?t=QeMK8UiZalKy7xu_bVXR3w&s=19

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Good lord this page got cursed as gently caress

Linked facebook account required to operate vehicle, if your facebook account gets suspended your car is hardware blacklisted and permanently bricked.

In the future there will be mandatory 10 minute un mutable advertisements at max volume every time you start a car.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

coldpudding posted:

Linked facebook account required to operate vehicle, if your facebook account gets suspended your car is hardware blacklisted and permanently bricked.

In the future there will be mandatory 10 minute un mutable advertisements at max volume every time you start a car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

As bad as the drivers and road conditions can be around here where we get regular inclement winter weather, and have treatments for them, Texas must be a hellscape in those conditions. You wouldn’t catch me out there for any reason besides an actual life or death emergency.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

That is a dark and depressing lol.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Wouldn't have been able to grab the door handle when sliding down the driveway if that was a Tesla. Another minus for those cars.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Grabbing for the handle, clutching at nothing and spinning off into space like in Gravity

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Didn't those handles not popping out get a guy burnt to death when the firefighters couldn't get his door open?

Found it.

https://www.hotcars.com/song-ice-fire-tesla-sued-model-s-door-handles-kill-man/

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Data Graham posted:

Grabbing for the handle, clutching at nothing and spinning off into space like in Gravity

This astronaut is hosed.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

As bad as the drivers and road conditions can be around here where we get regular inclement winter weather, and have treatments for them, Texas must be a hellscape in those conditions. You wouldn’t catch me out there for any reason besides an actual life or death emergency.

Yeah, this was my first thought. Okay, you made it to the car. Now what? Where are you going on your almost definitely summer tires/best case all seasons on untreated roads with drivers that also have inappropriate tires and no experience driving in these conditions?

Just call it a day and stay home. This isn't hard. Nobody is bleeding out, so there's nothing you could possibly need to do that so important that it needs to be done right now.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I HAVE TO GO TO SAM'S CLUB

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

like, where the gently caress are you going

you can’t even get down the driveway, unless you have spikes on your tires your car isn’t going to do any better.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Willing to bet thousands of middle managers around TX are texting people like the one in the video with "We already have too many call outs, get in now or don't come back next week" then oh yeah your medical insurance depends on this job so if you don't drive on the ice you're up poo poo creek and lmao at unemployment in TX.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

like, where the gently caress are you going

you can’t even get down the driveway, unless you have spikes on your tires your car isn’t going to do any better.

IM OFF WORK TODAY CANT STAY HOME LETS GO GETS MARGS AND CHIPS

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

everdave posted:

IM OFF WORK TODAY CANT STAY HOME LETS GO GETS MARGS AND CHIPS

Those margs better be frosty and salt rimmed.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Uthor posted:

Wouldn't have been able to grab the door handle when sliding down the driveway if that was a Tesla. Another minus for those cars.

:smugdog: I just hit the "summon button"on my touchscreen key fob and the car comes to me. *gets run over by car after hitting summon button.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Motronic posted:

Just call it a day and stay home. This isn't hard. Nobody is bleeding out, so there's nothing you could possibly need to do that so important that it needs to be done right now.

Its not that bad tho, I need to get to Starbucks for my Latte!

Reminds me of the tsunami videos in Japan with people continuing to drive around as the tsunami sirens and warnings are blaring to stop what you are doing and get to higher ground.

What do you mean tsunami, I have THINGS to do!

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Its not that bad tho, I need to get to Starbucks for my Latte!

Reminds me of the tsunami videos in Japan with people continuing to drive around as the tsunami sirens and warnings are blaring to stop what you are doing and get to higher ground.

What do you mean tsunami, I have THINGS to do!

Not that Japan doesn't have idiots, but I wonder how many of those people were thinking things like "gently caress I can make it to my kids, I'm sure there's time, it's only just over there....".

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

That Works posted:

Willing to bet thousands of middle managers around TX are texting people like the one in the video with "We already have too many call outs, get in now or don't come back next week" then oh yeah your medical insurance depends on this job so if you don't drive on the ice you're up poo poo creek and lmao at unemployment in TX.

I'd wager it's this as well. A lot of people don't have the luxury of not going to work for a day regardless of the reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Literally half the cars on the road in Texas are pickups with nothing in the bed which makes driving on ice extra dangerous/hilarious