Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
r-slur?!?! mods??!????

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
It’s his name and heritage not a slur

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rhopunzel posted:

r-slur?!?! mods??!????

It's r-slur powertrains bub

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rhopunzel posted:

r-slur?!?! mods??!????

Mods pls probe this racist filth against our beloved Retardo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

nerox posted:

I bet we can figure out how to fit an air fryer on this thing to use as the turbo.

Can I put this engine in the dishwasher

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Are Dan is special! So please no more disparaging remarks against him!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Question for Americans: there is no way to watch F1 without some form of a TV ESPN subscription, right? I have ESPN+ and got rid of my cable tv but I don’t love F1 enough to pay extra for fubo or do a bunch of weird vpn bullshit so it looks like I’ll skip this season.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

F1TV Pro is available in the US I think

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/txtfromclassics/status/1621736354320351232

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I’m still salty De Cesaris didn’t win that one

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

So is Ford providing engines or just stickers and cheques

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

SocksAndSandals posted:

Yes

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Definitely not engines, those are going to be made by Red Bull Powertrains. They're providing stickers, and, according to Christian Horner, "Ford will assist with battery and hybrid technology and much more to keep the team ahead of the competition."

So I'm guessing they're probably providing some Anker power banks from amazon.co.uk to keep the team members' cell phones and other devices topped up.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why is there still a Honda logo on it

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The ford thing is in 2026

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

rpop posted:

Definitely not engines, those are going to be made by Red Bull Powertrains. They're providing stickers, and, according to Christian Horner, "Ford will assist with battery and hybrid technology and much more to keep the team ahead of the competition."

So I'm guessing they're probably providing some Anker power banks from amazon.co.uk to keep the team members' cell phones and other devices topped up.

this explains the e mustang at the launch lmao

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

qirex posted:

Question for Americans: there is no way to watch F1 without some form of a TV ESPN subscription, right? I have ESPN+ and got rid of my cable tv but I don’t love F1 enough to pay extra for fubo or do a bunch of weird vpn bullshit so it looks like I’ll skip this season.

i remember something weird like they don't show practices but it should be on espn+ when it's live for qualifying and the race. I've never watched it because I use f1tv but I've seen it in the schedule

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

qirex posted:

lmao are you telling me the service you have to pay extra for doesn’t include the lesser tier

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

For my $80 a year or whatever, I’m pretty happy with F1TV Pro. Quality is fine, they have two commentator tracks, Apple TV app is super convenient, the shows are decent, and I can watch F2 if I’m really bored.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I looked today and F1TV have put some documentaries and stuff on there now, it’s a good service

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao are you telling me the service you have to pay extra for doesn’t include the lesser tier

ESPN+ is purely a side tier, it doesn't incorporate anything from the ESPN cable channels you might actually want to watch (but hey, if you're into college lacrosse and softball, have at it)

If it weren't bundled with Disney+ and Hulu no one would pay for it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Thanks Ants posted:

I looked today and F1TV have put some documentaries and stuff on there now, it’s a good service

they have old seasons and summaries too

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
jolyon Palmers analysis is also good

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I’m still salty De Cesaris didn’t win that one

He’s much better than most give him credit for.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

F1TV has loads of good stuff. Will Buxton is an unfortunate part of the package but compared to Sky Sports where all of them* are insufferable, it’s a decent trade off.

* except Karun and Ant

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frond posted:

He’s much better than most give him credit for.

andrea de crasheris, imo

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
#whocare

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Bathurst 12 Hour starts in 10 minutes. GTWorld is streaming it on YouTube outside Australia.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

italian quid posted:

Does anybody know of an experienced ophthalmologist I can consult on eye infections. I've got a lot of questions that I need answered from milf manor.

italian quid posted:

I finished the second episode of milf manor last night.

can anybody recommend me a good therapist?

Both of these posts are spot on after watching episode 2 lol

I should learn spanish

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

qirex posted:

What I would say is definitely don't watch the races. Stay in bed. Then Sunday afternoon, take a look in this thread, and see if all the most recent posts are from people saying they took a nap and it was boring. If you see posts like this, watch the YouTube highlights and call it a day. But if people are acting like it was a good race, then go to the motorsports replay subreddit and find a link to watch at your own convenience. Bonus points for being able to skip over 20 minute long red flags without having to spend that time listening to Croft and Brundle.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If there are posts along the lines of “lmao gently caress off max” then watch the race

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Sometimes red flags are good as you can combine a good race and a good nap

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
If there are 500+ posts during a race it was probably good. If everyone's moaning about it being bad then there's like 150

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max is going to win 20 races this year, so there is going to be a lot of moaning.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

Both of these posts are spot on after watching episode 2 lol

I should learn spanish

It's such a loving good show.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

SocksAndSandals posted:

Would be interested in an excel spreadsheet of all the companies/teams who actually built an F1 engine in house, I know Ford never did.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there anything that's been put out about the Honda relationship with RBPT? Did Red Bull get all the Honda F1 IP transferred to them (presumably this couldn't happen if there was technology from other parts of Honda that went into the engine), did Red Bull get a license to use it for x number of years or what? Presumably they can't just take a Honda engine and show it to Ford as part of this new partnership.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

marshalljim posted:

Max is going to win 20 races this year, so there is going to be a lot of moaning.
I'll try to keep it down, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The only time Max is grateful of there being so many races