Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I used to be on the side of coke but one thing has tipped me towards pepsi - their 12 packs of cans are like $1.50 cheaper and the zero sugar mango pepsi kind of slaps

this has been stuck in my head a lot lately idk why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdkmhquF60o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Y'all ever had Wasabi Funyuns? Get on that poo poo asap.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Revins posted:

I used to be on the side of coke but one thing has tipped me towards pepsi - their 12 packs of cans are like $1.50 cheaper and the zero sugar mango pepsi kind of slaps

Bloc Party were an absolute jam in the mid 2000s, see also: Hard Fi

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

neato burrito posted:

This is the poo poo you want right here, my costco has these. Overpriced, but man they good

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

neato burrito posted:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is the poo poo you want right here, my costco has these. Overpriced, but man they good

Both of these sound delish :jerky:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Revins posted:

Coke is the superior sugar soda, but Pepsi Max is just leagues ahead in the sugar free game - the current iteration of Coke sugar free is... bleh. We drink store brand* because it's $4.50 for 4x 1.5L instead of $8+ for Coke and Pepsi Max. It's genuinely good, too; different but not worse.

* Technically an independent brewery with a long history that happens to now be partially owned by a grocery chain, but that works out very similar.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

hey remember that 23 year old Chihuahua claiming to be the world's oldest dog? it just got majorly dethroned by bobi, the 30 year old dog

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64507336

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The 5000 Page Thread: whoa hey check out this old as heck dog

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

That dog looks 25, tops.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Computer viking posted:

Coke is the superior sugar soda, but Pepsi Max is just leagues ahead in the sugar free game - the current iteration of Coke sugar free is... bleh. We drink store brand* because it's $4.50 for 4x 1.5L instead of $8+ for Coke and Pepsi Max. It's genuinely good, too; different but not worse.

* Technically an independent brewery with a long history that happens to now be partially owned by a grocery chain, but that works out very similar.

I also buy the store brand Mountain Dew a lot, Mountain Lightning (the diet version because gently caress all the sugar in regular soda I'll take my chances with artificial sweeteners). its cheap as heck and I actually like it quite a bit, its got a bit of orange juice concentrate in it so it tastes a bit more natural than diet mt dew

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

You should all import some irn bru and experience a good drink

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I imagine this is how every commercial goes in scotland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2yZf8F-60

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Irn Bru is rather good, though the sugar free version isn't the greatest adaption. Still decent, though.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Computer viking posted:

Irn Bru is rather good, though the sugar free version isn't the greatest adaption. Still decent, though.

there's also Irn Bru Xtra which is like their Coke Zero but it's kinda sticky

TIP posted:

I imagine this is how every commercial goes in scotland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh2yZf8F-60

literally yes

also those train bathrooms are a nightmare

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ratjaculation posted:

Some stores here sell it now, at least I’ve seen it in my grocery for a while now.

Haven’t tried it yet though.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I have never heard of irn bru

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

For no specific reason, there's exactly three Iceland stores in Norway, and one of them is close to me; I should check if they have any Irn Bru.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Computer viking posted:

For no specific reason, there's exactly three Iceland stores in Norway, and one of them is close to me; I should check if they have any Irn Bru.

that is a good store imho

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Oh, speaking of weird UK products: one of the few things I managed to grab while I was stuck at Heathrow for an evening and night was a tube of Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste. CV2 thinks it's disgusting, but I love the stuff - the weird glossy sheen it gives your teeth, the odd soda taste, and the way it makes your skin tingle. I randomly found one tube in Norway a couple of years back and was hoping I'd be able to grab another. (And I did, at an airport Boots :toot: )

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Computer viking posted:

Oh, speaking of weird UK products: one of the few things I managed to grab while I was stuck at Heathrow for an evening and night was a tube of Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste. CV2 thinks it's disgusting, but I love the stuff - the weird glossy sheen it gives your teeth, the odd soda taste, and the way it makes your skin tingle. I randomly found one tube in Norway a couple of years back and was hoping I'd be able to grab another. (And I did, at an airport Boots :toot: )

Lol that’s my favorite toothpaste. Something about the weird “salty mint” taste :yum:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol that’s my favorite toothpaste. Something about the weird “salty mint” taste :yum:

Yup, exactly. :)

I sporadically spice up a glass of plain water by stirring in a bit of baking soda - it gives it a bit of that same not-quite-salty taste.
(Not baking powder, mind.)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Somebody's wild Saturday night included crashing through a power pole and someone's fence right across the street from my apartment, so currently I'm enjoying the flashing lights of about 10 emergency vehicles in the road

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Time to rave :slick:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
It's been an hour and they're still out there with their flashing lights. :mad: They dragged the smashed car out of the yard and searched it for drugs i guess cause there was a cute dog. Too bad the cute dog is also a narc! :woof:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

It's been an hour and they're still out there with their flashing lights. :mad:

seriously though

fartknocker posted:

Time to rave :slick:

take a boombox out there and try to start a dance party

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/St64Pu4.mp4

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
OMG that kitty's determined face!! :kimchi:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
It's finally going to warm up to 50 degrees today so I'm looking forward to a nice bike ride later. What's everyone in the thread up to today?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm being sad that it's going to warm up to 50 degrees today. It's February, let it be cold.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I had a bout of food poisoning or something and vomited so hard that I pulled a muscle in my core. It now hurts to do pretty much anything so I am just resting as much as I can and not moving.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So I hope everyone is having a better day than that.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Zil posted:

I had a bout of food poisoning or something and vomited so hard that I pulled a muscle in my core. It now hurts to do pretty much anything so I am just resting as much as I can and not moving.

zil noooo :ohdear: have you stopped hurling at least?

and i spent my day throwing out clothes i don't wear any more and now i am eating cake and watching the adultswim venture bros stream :hmmyes:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Zil posted:

So I hope everyone is having a better day than that.

Yes, though it doesn't sound like a high hurdle to clear - hope you're a bit better now?

We had waffles (Norwegian - so big floppy round ones) for lunch, I've been playing some planetside, and we just made small cups of Spanish hot chocolate (I bought a bag of mix). Weird stuff, it's basically slightly liquid chocolate pudding.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Jfc what the hell is going on in the 5kpt, the hardest working, most educational, least pretentious home of the first and only completed goon project? First it's everyone's butt exploding into a million pieces, then we get a nice run with some good stuff happening (including some jobs, pets, and in particular finding out CV adds some baking soda to thier water to make it more exciting) and now i find out some crazies are coming at Dorkus and Zil barfed up a hernia among other dubious trends?

THATS IT FOLKS IMMA SMASH THIS THREAD WITH SOME EXTREMELY STUPID AI GENERATED IMAGES

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

weirdly, i am also using that exact gross baking soda toothpaste because i picked up the wrong drat one :mad:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

RUBY THAT IS GOOD TOOTHPASTE SORRY IM YELLING

Captain America loves bbq competitions

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
boobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

It doesnt like that as a prompt so instead I give you Gríma Wormtongue playing video games