Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

haveblue posted:

Do you want to dismember your enemies while screaming in rage with an axe or screaming in terror with a laser

Well now that you describe it like this I'm gonna have to play God of War instead of NG+ in DSR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Instead of Hogfart’s Pigassy you should be playing Hi-Fi Rush, available on Steam Deck today!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'm having some serious trouble getting past C or B ranks for score in HFR. my Just Timing and clear speed is consistently S, but even when i make an effort to change up my combos the base score won't tick up enough

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

exquisite tea posted:

Instead of Hogfart’s Pigassy you should be playing Hi-Fi Rush, available on Steam Deck today!!

Wow a rhythm action game that isn't a shooter? Not to say anything bad about Metal: Hellsinger but it's nice to have a little variety

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder to re-up my GP sub for this! I also need to finish Pentiment which is the best game that doubles as a history lesson.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Use jam combos or rapid hitting specials to raise your hit multiplier and/or equip the chip that makes your rhythm meter go up faster.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I can’t figure those rhythm based games at all. I got frustrated at both metal hellsinger and HFR and gave up.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

Playing half-life on steam classic instead

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

At least in HFR all your attacks come out on the beat so you’ll never do worse by just mashing in anything but your level score.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last

Rageaholic posted:

They're both great but keep in mind that Dad of War 2 is going to last you longer than Dead Space Remake. According to HowLongToBeat, DSR will last you 12 hours while Dad of War 2 will last you 25.

Yikes Ive already put twice that into Dads of War.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

First time I see gameplay footage of the Harry Potter game

https://twitter.com/itsnewyokio/status/1621209768864915456?s=46&t=DbAySwCu6Jauw4bQYREtng

And wow yeah I can tell why they didn’t bother showing any until now.

This is some Overwatch-inspited impact on those spells. I haven't seen a Harry Potter movie in nearly a decade but from what I recall of them, when someone got hit by a spell that wasn't Instant Death they would go flying backwards like they were on wires and got punched by the Hulk.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rental Sting posted:

Yikes Ive already put twice that into Dads of War.
Oh yeah, that time estimate is for the main story only I bet. It would absolutely be way longer if you do all the side missions.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I said come in! posted:

Nah, Augus has it right it turns out. Either way, a lot of Rowlings bigotry spills out into her writing in Harry Potter it turns out.

That's the same thing I said.

Also the only black character that gets much screentime is named Shacklebolt.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I wish I could say I'm not spiteful enough to take incredible delight that everyone supporting a racist TERF is getting a poo poo blood-libel themed game on release day, but I can't.

gently caress everyone involved with this poo poo.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Wait sorry if I'm really late to the news here but the plot of the Hogwarts game is putting down a house elf rebellion? Or a goblin rebellion? That sounds like the kind of thing someone would make up as a joke idea of what Rowling is going to write next.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm going to buy Hogwarts Legacy and poo poo I might even spend the extra to get the deluxe edition

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Whoever said the bloodhound sword in Elden Ring is OP was correct, the jump attacks and parries are absolutely insane and staggering even most bosses (I was legit surprised how easy Godrick was after the struggle to even get to him, for example)

But now I just found some kind of holy tree spear that seems intriguing but requires heavy investment into DEX, not sure if I should go for it:ohdear:

I'm also not really sure where to go next, I assume if I mill around Liurnia enough the plot will eventually present itself

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Wolfsheim posted:

Whoever said the bloodhound sword in Elden Ring is OP was correct, the jump attacks and parries are absolutely insane and staggering even most bosses (I was legit surprised how easy Godrick was after the struggle to even get to him, for example)

But now I just found some kind of holy tree spear that seems intriguing but requires heavy investment into DEX, not sure if I should go for it:ohdear:

I'm also not really sure where to go next, I assume if I mill around Liurnia enough the plot will eventually present itself

It oughta! If you want a hint about something you might have missed, in the very first or second building you see after you exit the back of Stormveil into Liurnia, there's an NPC there that will give you a point in the right direction.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TheDarkFlame posted:

Wait sorry if I'm really late to the news here but the plot of the Hogwarts game is putting down a house elf rebellion? Or a goblin rebellion? That sounds like the kind of thing someone would make up as a joke idea of what Rowling is going to write next.

It's a goblin rebellion, yes. It's loving hilarious how even here that side of Rowling's writing is inescapable

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

one day P.T. will be remade in Dreams.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Frankston posted:

I'm going to buy Hogwarts Legacy and poo poo I might even spend the extra to get the deluxe edition

wow that’s badass way to stick it to your future self

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Also the only black character that gets much screentime is named Shacklebolt.

is this a cumtown bit?

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

10 hours into Forspoken, just beat chapter 5. It really gets into a groove around 8 hours in. The first couple hours were a bit rough, in part because I already watched Tim Rogers play it, but once the rails come off it is a lot of fun. Character designs, combat, and traversal are standouts. It has a lot of the weird presentation similar to FFVX. That tends to get overblown on its importance to the overall experience imo as it is 'memeable'.

The back paddles really help. I put the back buttons on the spell cast to free up my L1 for parkour / dodge and R1 for jump. It feels great.

The banter is starting to get old. I don't mind most of the quippy lines and a few are pretty good, but they repeat them way too much. They need an option to turn it down / off like Horizon.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
“these controls feel great if you spend an extra $200” is an anti-endorsement if anything

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mean Baby posted:

10 hours into Forspoken, just beat chapter 5. It really gets into a groove around 8 hours in. The first couple hours were a bit rough, in part because I already watched Tim Rogers play it, but once the rails come off it is a lot of fun. Character designs, combat, and traversal are standouts. It has a lot of the weird presentation similar to FFVX. That tends to get overblown on its importance to the overall experience imo as it is 'memeable'.

The back paddles really help. I put the back buttons on the spell cast to free up my L1 for parkour / dodge and R1 for jump. It feels great.

The banter is starting to get old. I don't mind most of the quippy lines and a few are pretty good, but they repeat them way too much. They need an option to turn it down / off like Horizon.

There is an option in the menu somewhere.

And yeah FS was hella made for the Edge.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Frankston posted:

Love to spend money on a poo poo game for bigots because people on the internet annoyed me

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mean Baby posted:

In the demo, it was under audio options under “cuff” or something. You can turn it off entirely or leave it for story moments.

Also I contend that all controllers should come with back bumpers/flippers now. They’re just so nice.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

So the Elden Ring anniversary stream is on the 25th, and this is only a guess but if they were going to announce DLC that would probably be the time

Also, probably no Armored Core news/footage until any ER announcements are in the rearview mirror

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

is this a cumtown bit?

Tiedrich on Tiedrich character action game when

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wolfsheim posted:

Bloodhound scales with dex so give it a shot. You can respec your character at a certain point in the not too distant future for you.

For where to go, north is usually the correct answer. Explore. Let us know I'd you want more detailed directions

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So the Elden Ring anniversary stream is on the 25th, and this is only a guess but if they were going to announce DLC that would probably be the time

Oooooohh

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:prepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsQko0cn8qU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hello everyone, this is super early dragon age 4: dreadwolf

https://imgur.io/a/J2xVQlT

Early ui, dont expect it to stay. Combat is full real time, close to god of war 2018 lol (some testers are saying ff15 but who can tell) characters/party are placeholder but theres no party control

Seems to take place at grey warden hq, at least this section. I thought it was gonna be 100% in tevinter but guess not. Theres darkspawn attacking infused with red lyrium and a dragon flying over head causing damage. Sounds like another blight?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
That looks insanely dragon age

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I love Dragon Age and am looking forward to playing that in 2028

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i'm not gonna judge a game solely on leaked prerelease footage, but nothing about that has me interested. if anything, it brought back bad memories of DA:I.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Animation looks much better, for a bioware game at least

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dragon Age is butt

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Big fan of butts me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007