Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Fate Accomplice posted:

I just scored "win a location with 20 or more power."

I played nightcrawler on turn 1, and my opponent retreated on turn 2 before I could play anything.

Was the location Mojoworld?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, this is interesting.

SnapFan is holding an open tournament, next Saturday.

https://snap.fan/news/first-snapfan-tournament/
https://battlefy.com/snapfan/snapfan-open/63dc2cbd6d282246cee8d6fa/info?infoTab=details

Given there's already 200+ entrants, it'll probably be 8 rounds. I'm deciding whether to enter but I'd have to not sleep in on a weekend.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

poe meater posted:

I have faced the same person before in a row after immediately switching decks.

I just try not to think about the matchmaking too much and focus on the next game.

I had that happen too, I've switched deck archetypes completely and wound up playing the same guy as last match.

That would seem to me, that it debunks the hidden power/mmr "deck" rating as a variable.

/edit I know that was a thing for MTG arena which had some really odd match ups.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 4, 2023

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
This game is pretty great for me. I play regularly, but casually. Like I do the dailies most of the time but not always. If I do them all, maybe a few more games too. My CL is 518, so just into pool 3.

I’ve been playing mostly the below deck for quite some time. No real fancy tech. I’m not sure but I’d say I win around 2/3rds of the time. I probably don’t snap as much as I should and probably don’t retreat as often as I should, but it’s cool. I usually don’t go any higher than like rank 30 at most. Fun game.

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum
# (6) Onslaught
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLYVphciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJGYW50YXN0aWMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvbG9zc3VzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGVjdHJ1bSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluQW1lcmljYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2xhdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiT25zbGF1Z2h0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Big K of Justice posted:

I had that happen too, I've switched deck archetypes completely and wound up playing the same guy as last match.

That would seem to me, that it debunks the hidden power/mmr "deck" rating as a variable.

/edit I know that was a thing for MTG arena which had some really odd match ups.

The thing about these systems is that they usually test things on subsets of users. You could have truly random MMR matchmaking and someone else could be at the mercy of a finger on the scales. We already know they "feed us weaker players" and that implies that we are also fed to others as weaker players at times.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I switched to an old Ongoing deck to clear a mission and wow, I forgot how fun the old decks were.. Actually got wins too. People don't expect basic Blue Marvel - Onslaught anymore.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

New theory: at least on the PC client season cache rng is bugged. If you open a bunch in a row and the first one is boosters the rest will be boosters. And if the first one is non-booster the rest will be non-booster. Play a game to reroll your seed. Will continue to test in the upcoming months.

No, SD are just flat lying about the reward rates. Their published numbers used to be correct, but they changed them a few seasons ago and never told anyone. You now get boosters in about 60% of your season caches, and variants about 2% of the time against the posted 5%.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jedit posted:

No, SD are just flat lying about the reward rates. Their published numbers used to be correct, but they changed them a few seasons ago and never told anyone. You now get boosters in about 60% of your season caches, and variants about 2% of the time against the posted 5%.
60% explains the streaks of boosters I've seen much more realistically than the claimed 40% does.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jedit posted:

Got proof?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

New Leaf posted:

I switched to an old Ongoing deck to clear a mission and wow, I forgot how fun the old decks were.. Actually got wins too. People don't expect basic Blue Marvel - Onslaught anymore.
😀

I’d like to say my strategy is purposeful, like I’m psyching opponents out by being basic but no, I just can’t make anything that much better than this 😂

I’m sure I’ll hit the pool 3 wall soon enough, where they have a substantial amount of cards I don’t and those cards work together well. We’ll see!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AzureFlame posted:

Was the location Mojoworld?

I don’t think so! I think I had 2 power

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So I'm getting pretty frequent bots at infinite+ at CL 250 because I'm guessing the player pool is low here. If I got 130 would season reset put me at 100 or 70?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

There’s no reason to raise your infinite rank, in fact increasing your MMR will only make ranking up harder next season.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m just thinking about the time it would take to rank that high and playing with such a limited card pool - is that even complete pool 2? Sounds…monotonous.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

If it's stupid and it works then it's not stupid.

Me:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kaddish posted:

I’m just thinking about the time it would take to rank that high and playing with such a limited card pool - is that even complete pool 2? Sounds…monotonous.

I wanted the title and the results were consistent with zabu to carry things

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

There’s no reason to raise your infinite rank, in fact increasing your MMR will only make ranking up harder next season.

This drives me up the wall. I like the game and want to keep playing it, but knowing the sole reward for a win at infinite is making my climb next season harder, I can’t muster the enthusiasm for more than just doing my dailies.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They should really just add a casual mode with no ranks for folks to screw around in but still progress missions etc.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bottom Liner posted:

They should really just add a casual mode with no ranks for folks to screw around in but still progress missions etc.

They already did, it's called Battle Mode. Start a match, go into the Discord channel and post your code - someone will probably pick it up within a minute or two.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jedit posted:

They already did, it's called Battle Mode. Start a match, go into the Discord channel and post your code - someone will probably pick it up within a minute or two.

Ok but do that with matchmaking.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
If I have almost 500 gold now and just play the seasons pass is it reasonable to attempt to save for that birthpool pack @3200 gold or is that a fool’s errand and I should just keep spending gold on mission refills?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Shuri is a very stupid card, and I’m seeing more of it now. It’s now on my retreat on-site unless I’m running Shang or Cosmo. Even then, it’s not guaranteed to counter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

JackDarko posted:

Shuri is a very stupid card, and I’m seeing more of it now. It’s now on my retreat on-site unless I’m running Shang or Cosmo. Even then, it’s not guaranteed to counter.
Most of the time at worst it’s going to potentially cost one lane right

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

JackDarko posted:

Yeah, the Shuri T4, Good 5 drop (Panther, Red Skull, Mary, etc) T5, Zola T6 combo is so hard to deal with. The second you see Shuri you have to fight for priority T5 and it's hard to get it sometimes in one turn, especially knowing a drop that big is going down.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Yeah, the Shuri T4, Good 5 drop (Panther, Red Skull, Mary, etc) T5, Zola T6 combo is so hard to deal with. The second you see Shuri you have to fight for priority T5 and it's hard to get it sometimes in one turn, especially knowing a drop that big is going down.

Yup, this is the problem. They can Zola, Taskmaster or Absorbing man. It’s very flexible. Particularly if they’re running Zabu.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Most of the time at worst it’s going to potentially cost one lane right
You play Taskmaster or Zola. It would be actually crazy for her to not be part of the Zabu/Surfer nerfs she's been the other overperforming card (even when run without Zabu).

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I can’t imagine that many people have Shuri compared to Zabu, Leader, or Surfer, since until this week that card was 6000 credits

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

priznat posted:

If I have almost 500 gold now and just play the seasons pass is it reasonable to attempt to save for that birthpool pack @3200 gold or is that a fool’s errand and I should just keep spending gold on mission refills?

It’s not crazy, you might need to top up gold but you’d spend like $5 rather than $35. The season pass is like 1000 gold plus you’ll pick up some from the CL track along the way. I’m saving and I’m at 1000 right now,

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Now’s a fun time to bring out Enchantress

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
Were previous season passes 5 weeks long? I made it to level 70 in this just through missions, I don't feel like I played more than before either.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes, and I also made it to like 76 today, through a combination of doing all of the daily challenges and also buying more with the gold that the pass gives you

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Noticed that Zabu and Darkhawk are outperforming so we made Onslaught's Citadel the featured location!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Fartington Butts posted:

Now’s a fun time to bring out Enchantress

Enchantress are cheap, I’m going for Rogues. Rogues are where it’s at.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I haven't been able to get past 95 the last week and a half. I'm constantly running into different Zabu decks, with the main ones being Zabu lockouts with Darkhawk and Zabu Shuri Zabu decks (which I've seen a gigantic spike in since Thursday). Running Cosmo and or / Sheng as tech cards isn't enough and not really a good solution in-of-themselves I've noticed because Zabu can just pile it on enough so early that counterplay can become extremely difficult. I can't even Magneto or Aero stuff out of location with enough confidence. I've tried a number of decks and strategies but I feel like without Shuri or Darkhawk, both of which I don't have, I'm just SOL on getting Infinite until the meta shakes up. It's incredibly frustrating to make a 4 or 8 cube outplay only to have to concede 6-8 times for 1 cube right after because missing a prediction is too costly if I'm even able to play anything.

At least against Surfer decks I feel like I have a chance and some counterplay.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

kaschei posted:

Noticed that Zabu and Darkhawk are outperforming so we made Onslaught's Citadel the featured location!
As someone that plays Patriot a lot I've been winning a lot of games thanks to that one location

T3 Patriot and T4 Mystique on Citadel is probably going to win me most games unless they use Shang-Chi on my buffed cards

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Galactus is also fun for this one. Oh sorry, did you need that doubled up Patriot and Mystique? Well, they're dead

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

JackDarko posted:

Enchantress are cheap, I’m going for Rogues. Rogues are where it’s at.

Yeah I dropped Moon Girl and doubled up Rogue on turn 6 for a good time!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Super Skrull is an absolute monster right now.

I thought they would've retreated when Rogue didn't grab his power (I wouldn't have blamed them) but sure, I'll take your double Sera, Blue Marvel, Blue Marvel Rogue Edition and Blue Marvel Mystique Edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Jedit posted:

Yea, a mode that requires all of that out of game work, has matches that can last upwards of half an hour, and can be very one sided depending on deck matchups is exactly what I mean by a casual mode.

And battle mode does not let you progress missions either.