Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

That does not answer my question :colbert:

*Worf, unprompted* "I am a Klingon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

davidspackage posted:

Or as Mark Twain described him, "A werewolf".

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

davidspackage posted:

poor worf always getting his butt kicked so the writters can show something as a threat.

those empty chemical barrels hosed him up good

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ups_rail posted:

poor worf always getting his butt kicked so the writters can show something as a threat.

Worf getting bodily hurled out the door by a senior citizen

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Worf getting phasered by a Ferengi

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Worf having sex with a.......did he ever get laid?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

With Jadzia

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ups_rail posted:

He had an embarrassing love child with a politician

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Worf had sex and conceived twice.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Worf had sex and conceived twice.

He also slept with Ezri once.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

bull3964 posted:

Saavik was originally supposed to be half Romulan (and in the ST:II book, that point is still mentioned.) If they kept with that character trait, I could see where it would have helped a turn against the Klingons. This is especially true with the Romulan ambassador egging the federation on to have a rescue mission and spark a war.

Just to back up a bit, I disagree, and think this would have made the whole thing more one-dimensional than what we ultimately got.

One of the things about Valeris was her actions were, by one definition, logical. The Klingons very well could have turned around a few years later and started re-attacking the Federation. That was completely in character for them. If anything, it was the most obvious outcome! It was probably the most obvious result of the peace talks. What overcame it and created peace wasn't logic, but faith.

'You restored my Fathers faith',
'And you restored my son's'

Granted, that post-Berlin-wall message seems antiquated in a time when Russian troops are stomping around Eastern Ukraine, but in it's historical context, 'putting your faith in your enemies humanity is the path to peace' was the theme of the film. Even if it would have made slightly more mechanical sense, making Saavik/Valeris half Romulan would have completely muddied that theme of cold logic versus faith.

of, uh.

the

heart.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Worf got with Troi in several timelines but idk if it happened in the main timeline.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

davidspackage posted:

Worf getting phasered by a Ferengi

At Tenagra

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Worf got with Troi in several timelines but idk if it happened in the main timeline.

They're very clearly dating by the time of All Good Things but it evidently ended soon after that.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Timby posted:

He also slept with Ezri once.

And theres a sex tape.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Four episodes in on Picard s1, and I think my biggest problem so far is that I just don't find the characters likeable, at least not so far. And ditto for the dialogue,

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

McCloud posted:

Four episodes in on Picard s1, and I think my biggest problem so far is that I just don't find the characters likeable, at least not so far. And ditto for the dialogue,

It goes downhill from there. Brace yourself.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Timby posted:

It goes downhill from there. Brace yourself.

I dunno, that long-haired elvish looking guy is easy on the eyes at least. I did laugh that everyone knew Picard was on this hostile slum-planet because he went up to literally everyone and waved like Ralph Wiggum, though

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

McCloud posted:

The warmest interactions in the whole first season are Picard's two servants.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://twitter.com/RobertPicardo/status/1621341710583468032

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

McCloud posted:

I dunno, that long-haired elvish looking guy is easy on the eyes at least. I did laugh that everyone knew Picard was on this hostile slum-planet because he went up to literally everyone and waved like Ralph Wiggum, though

I'm telling you, it goes downhill.

There's one pleasantly mediocre episode left a little bit later in the season, but otherwise you're in for a shitshow.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

happyhippy posted:

The warmest interactions in the whole first season are Picard's two servants.

Yeah immediately after I posted that Picard chewed the elf out for killing someone in a fight Picard instigated.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
PicardShow was so bad. So loving bad.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I never bothered finishing season 2, but I'm going to give season 3 a go at least. Just can't decide if I can be bothered going back and finishing season 2, especially since I heard that s2 is worse than s1. The trailers for s3 look like the events of s2 aren't going to really factor in, so I probably won't.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Veotax posted:

I never bothered finishing season 2, but I'm going to give season 3 a go at least. Just can't decide if I can be bothered going back and finishing season 2, especially since I heard that s2 is worse than s1. The trailers for s3 look like the events of s2 aren't going to really factor in, so I probably won't.

Don't.

For your own sanity, don't.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Veotax posted:

You don’t need to watch it

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes somebody posts a picture of a neat starship or a pretty lcars screen from the newer seasons and it's nice to look at for a minute or two

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ups_rail posted:

to be fair, he went to a biker bar and sang Klingon opera daring anyone to do anything about it and they didn't so that's pretty bad rear end.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's the worst Trek show I've ever seen and it isn't close.

If you filed the serial numbers off of it and made it a show about a random former space captain, nobody on Earth would've kept watching it past the first season. If they even made it that far.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

McCloud posted:

Have you gotten to Picard's french disguise episode yet? I don't remember where that was in the season. I think that was the point i noped out though.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Ups_rail posted:

It's implied that he got laid a lot with Jadzia to the point that Bashir was like stop having sex

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tom Guycot posted:

Have you gotten to Picard's french disguise episode yet? I don't remember where that was in the season. I think that was the point i noped out though.
That’s like in the middle of the season

It’s also the one with horrible eye trauma

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hollismason posted:

It's implied that he got laid a lot with Jadzia to the point that Bashir was like stop having sex

Oh yeah they were porking so hard they were both regularly checking into the infirmary. Although apparently that's customary with hot and heavy Klingon relationships.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Feldegast42 posted:

Oh yeah they were porking so hard they were both regularly checking into the infirmary. Although apparently that's customary with hot and heavy Klingon relationships.

Bashir having to treat Jadzias sex wounds is hilarious because he's so in love with her

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Pastamania posted:

Just to back up a bit, I disagree, and think this would have made the whole thing more one-dimensional than what we ultimately got.

One of the things about Valeris was her actions were, by one definition, logical. The Klingons very well could have turned around a few years later and started re-attacking the Federation. That was completely in character for them. If anything, it was the most obvious outcome! It was probably the most obvious result of the peace talks. What overcame it and created peace wasn't logic, but faith.

This is probably why they flirted with the half-Romulan thing so often but always ended up dropping it. It was in Savik, Valeris and T'Pols backstories at various points before being axed every time.

Characters having their facades crack or their logic not being infallible is more interesting than "actually it's because they're half Evil Vulcan"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

LividLiquid posted:

If you filed the serial numbers off of it and made it a show about a random former space captain,

the picard show is dredged up from the bottom of a lake fifty years from now

"This may have been used to kill a fanbase's appreciation for an actor's portrayal of a character. We'll never know for sure."

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Seemlar posted:

This is probably why they flirted with the half-Romulan thing so often but always ended up dropping it. It was in Savik, Valeris and T'Pols backstories at various points before being axed every time.

Characters having their facades crack or their logic not being infallible is more interesting than "actually it's because they're half Evil Vulcan"

Honestly they went to this well a little too often. Tuvok was best Vulcan because he actually got to be a Vulcan.

well, until he mind melded with the elemental spirit of murder, that wasn't such a great idea buddy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I don't think the writers ever really have an idea of what to do with a full Vulcan. It's got to be hard to write for a character who legitimately doesn't have emotions and isn't conflicted about it, so they always end up as troubled Vulcans going through the same kind of emotional journey as Spock, even if there isn't really a plot reason for them to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

I'm at the part where his Captain dressed up as some sort of pimp, complete with a big orange hat with a feather stuck in it. It's....something, alright

Edit: Oh lord, Picards Nick Fury look is even worse

McCloud fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 5, 2023