Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i did not finish k-on because i heard people saying the ending was sad and i did not want them to be sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wtf

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Emotions.....are good.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Megamissen posted:

i did not finish k-on because i heard people saying the ending was sad and i did not want them to be sad

the people or HTT

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

k-on is a really happy series and at the time i was watching it i was not in the... mood to watch something sad
i could see the four of them graduating leaving azu behind coming (having read people saying the cried and so on) and it kinda hanged over it so i quit ~2/3s into the second season

symbolic posted:

the people or HTT

htt

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

watch the movie immediately.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
like the whole emotional arc within k-on s2 is azusa's growing anxiety at her entire club graduating without her, i couldnt rly imagine stopping just before the catharsis. that sounds painful

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Megamissen posted:

k-on is a really happy series and at the time i was watching it i was not in the... mood to watch something sad
i could see the four of them graduating leaving azu behind coming (having read people saying the cried and so on) and it kinda hanged over it so i quit ~2/3s into the second season

htt

Simply read the short sequel manga, K-On: College

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Nah don't do that

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Megamissen posted:

htt

https://youtu.be/QAeeYohFL1Y

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Because knowing who purchased something means I can easily find out who you really are and I don't want to know that. An AV is easily blanked who cares who bought it. It's just a picture with some bad words at worse.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Julias posted:

Emotions.....are good.

then again, it's not a bad idea to avoid difficult emotions when you're mentally unwell

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fluffdaddy posted:

Because knowing who purchased something means I can easily find out who you really are and I don't want to know that. An AV is easily blanked who cares who bought it. It's just a picture with some bad words at worse.

what about those sickos that upload cp avs and banners, thats worse than bad words

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think that's happened?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

they'll out themselves during agdq

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Runa posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Runa posted:

lmao

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I've never heard of that happening, and with the way avatars work it would be a big issue.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/oekaki_omotikun/status/1622074040646258688

https://twitter.com/decode_stalker/status/1622073115928072194

blue archive so good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fluffdaddy posted:

i would simply store the username of who bought the avatar separately instead of tying it in with the payment info for some reason

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah I've never heard of that happening, and with the way avatars work it would be a big issue.

There were some flags that were uh, bad but those were a totally different story

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Space Flower posted:

blue archive so good

I really want to like it but I am so unbelievably bad at the gameplay aspect that I got stalled at the beginning of chapter 4 and just never went back. Leveling characters in it is brutally slow and its not a game you can just use your favourite characters to outlevel and brute force your way through. Too much strategy for my old man brain.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

i would simply store the username of who bought the avatar separately instead of tying it in with the payment info for some reason

move over astral

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

what about those sickos that upload cp avs and banners, thats worse than bad words

No one has done this as far as I know? And it still can be blanked.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Larry Parrish posted:

the username of whoever bought it isn't stored at all. You can check right now, that if you try to buy an avatar change for yourself, you have to put in your password on the store page to verify that it's for you and therefore $5 instead of :10bux: but if you want to buy for someone else, there is nothing other than the username of the person whose av you are changing. You can even do that from a computer you've never logged into SA from, in private browsing, if you want.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Why not change that

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Buschmaki posted:

Why not change that

:effort:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the reasoning, as per jeffs posts, has always been that buying anonymous avs is an 'important part of sa culture', and that you could easily circumvent tying usernames to avs by buying a burner account to buy them with.

you'd think that whatever method they use to detect alts of permabanned people could then be used on those burner accounts, but lol guess not!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

afaik that method is "wait for them to out themselves and hit the button"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There is some behind-the-scenes ip check or something for permabanned accounts from what I can tell, but it's initiated manually and only on accounts that are acting up.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah no ones ever specific about it, for obvious reasons, but theres definitely a mechanical check

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This site does have an unfortunate history with stalking (and worse) so maybe its best to just let mods handle horrible red text and avs.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

There is no automatic way to spot a permabanned rereg. The good ones are almost never spotted. The worst ones out themselves pretty easily because they are insane people who keep spending money to get banned.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The dark secret is lermadodgers make up half the chat thread populace

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Minjo posted:

the username of whoever bought it isn't stored at all. You can check right now, that if you try to buy an avatar change for yourself, you have to put in your password on the store page to verify that it's for you and therefore $5 instead of :10bux: but if you want to buy for someone else, there is nothing other than the username of the person whose av you are changing. You can even do that from a computer you've never logged into SA from, in private browsing, if you want.

im glad your caught up but people were discussing changing that.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
lermadodgers...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
ah the halcyon days of IWC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I have never watched, read, or otherwise consumed K-On! in any format besides memes and shitposts.