Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I've let it sink in, but it doesn't seem any less stupid to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
didn't realize that desantis was a total sex god, but if some cuban exile grandpa said so who am i to question it?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

One guy personally oversaw brutal torture of innocent people in Cuba and implemented policies that killed tens of thousands of people; the other guy survived an attempted assassination via exploding cigar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

https://twitter.com/CheneyStan/status/1621679214088040449?t=BogTUlWUW4_Q9a4b882SBw&s=19

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Chamale posted:

One guy personally oversaw brutal torture of innocent people in Cuba and implemented policies that killed tens of thousands of people; the other guy survived an attempted assassination via exploding cigar

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Endman posted:

Maybe! At the very least Kennedy did not want to put troops in Vietnam, and that already would have saved countless lives.

Kennedy literally put troops in Vietnam.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The 00s was the tackiest, shittiest loving decade jesus. Just be nostalgic for the 90s like a normal person

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

icantfindaname posted:

The 00s was the tackiest, shittiest loving decade jesus. Just be nostalgic for the 90s like a normal person
The 00s were the last time America was united (in its hatred for Muslims).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

context: the US Air Force deployed an multiple F22 Raptors to shoot a missile at a balloon

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1621977978245713920

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

context: the US Air Force deployed an multiple F22 Raptors to shoot a missile at a balloon

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1621977978245713920

They sent up multi-million dollar planes and shot it down with a multi-million dollar missile.

It was a loving balloon.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Gosh golly the good ol' US Air Force sure ~~TURNED THE TABLES~~ on that perfidious Asian spy balloon!! :911:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

They sent up multi-million dollar planes and shot it down with a multi-million dollar missile.

It was a loving balloon.

I guess they couldn't risk a cannon round not auto detonating and then hitting a some poor gently caress?

Might be giving them too much credit

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
All this military hardware and we can't even catch one balloon?
What are our f22s good for if they can't even deploy one comically large net.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
that's me, the tankie democracy endorser, who believes fully in what karl marx said

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

The 00s had their highs and lows and as the decade that covered the back bit of my teens and much of my 20s it’s pretty hard not to have a little nostalgia. The 90s were pretty terrible too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I mean "Democracy is only legitimate if the right wing is accorded majority power regardless of their actual popularity" is probably one of the most consistent patterns of the liberal ideology yeah. Like if you have one party with more ideological representation than two parties have put together it's never even factored in. Two parties who are almost identical? That's CHOICE baby!

Any situation where it's our own country's dynamic between right and center but it's between left and center instead is super mega authoritarian 100 million coup to save them territory.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

The 00s had their highs and lows and as the decade that covered the back bit of my teens and much of my 20s it’s pretty hard not to have a little nostalgia. The 90s were pretty terrible too

Yeah, the 90s sucked too. In terms of pop culture, I'd take the 1970s over the 90s any day, and while politically the 90s were stable (more so than the 1970s) they were just as gross as now in many ways. I don't miss the dog whistles.

Ultimately, decade nostalgia is just arbitrary. If the aughts were a good time in your life, you're gonna be nostalgic. I hated my teenage and early adult years despite have some fun here and there, hence my lack of 90s nostalgia.

I do like revisiting poo poo I was into in the 80s and 90s, but I don't like using the word nostalgia for fond memories of a thing.

Love Rat has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Feb 5, 2023

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol the two most "authoritarian" examples have more political party representation than the US

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Looks like my team is winning, where’s the own?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Epic High Five posted:

I mean "Democracy is only legitimate if the right wing is accorded majority power regardless of their actual popularity" is probably one of the most consistent patterns of the liberal ideology yeah. Like if you have one party with more ideological representation than two parties have put together it's never even factored in. Two parties who are almost identical? That's CHOICE baby!

Any situation where it's our own country's dynamic between right and center but it's between left and center instead is super mega authoritarian 100 million coup to save them territory.

The US doesn't have a center party lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Love Rat posted:

Yeah, the 90s sucked too. In terms of pop culture, I'd take the 1970s over the 90s any day, and while politically the 90s were stable (more so than the 1970s) they were just as gross as now in many ways. I don't miss the dog whistles.

Ultimately, decade nostalgia is just arbitrary. If the aughts were a good time in your life, you're gonna be nostalgic. I hated my teenage and early adult years despite have some fun here and there, hence my lack of 90s nostalgia.

I do like revisiting poo poo I was into in the 80s and 90s, but I don't like using the word nostalgia for fond memories of a thing.

I call it the "every other decade" theory. The 50's were boring. The 60's rocked. The 70's, my god, they obviously suck. So maybe the 80s will be like, radical. I figure we'll be in our 20's and hey, it can't get any worse.

the 2000s rocked, the 2020s are rocking, 2040s are gonna be really cool

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1622242684617490433

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
whatever you do don't Google "Debunking Debunked"

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

whatever you do don't Google "Debunking Debunked"

Who debunks the debunkers?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Sir Samuel Vimes

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

projecthalaxy posted:

Starbury has a gilded statue and a Hamiltonesque musical about him in China and forced the shoe companies to sell the Starbury 1s at cost so actual kids could buy them. He's basically the new Mao

I know this is the hot takes thread and you aren't being entirely serious but this guy donated a million bucks to the NYPD.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Weka posted:

I know this is the hot takes thread and you aren't being entirely serious but this guy donated a million bucks to the NYPD.

Where does political power come from again, comrade?

Endman
May 18, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

divine right motherfucker

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

tokin opposition posted:

*points 2 dilz*

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
*flexes* these guns

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

tokin opposition posted:

Votes?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

DONT SHOOT

VOTE!!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

corn!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tokin opposition posted:

cum

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/the_hellenist/status/1620965228480729088

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Big positive christianity vibes

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

We all end up nailed to a cross in the end…..

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

you guys are are getting nailed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HashtagGirlboss posted:

you know, i'm tired of all this debunking. why don't we try some good ol' bunking instead, huh?