Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

r u ready to WALK posted:

the more I look at twitch chat the more I despair for humanity, unless the chat is automated too
please, please let it be automated

oh, no, it's just Twitch chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

r u ready to WALK posted:

the more I look at twitch chat the more I despair for humanity, unless the chat is automated too
please, please let it be automated

It's just people repeating catch phrases. People love catch phrases. It reminds me of saltybet chat from years ago.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Some thoughts: it suffers from a lack of set pieces, because it has only four sets: Larry's apartment, the kitchen, Larry talking non-sequiturs into the microphone, and the apartment building scene transition. So a lot of scenes open like a classic Seinfeld episode and then kinda ends because it runs out of sets to do anything before Larry's back at the microphone sending out the greatest of weird non-sequiturs and not jokes.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9mlOrDhc4

Sucks and blows

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
this show just proclaimed "pancake fatigue is real"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

A Festivus Miracle posted:

Some thoughts: it suffers from a lack of set pieces, because it has only four sets: Larry's apartment, the kitchen, Larry talking non-sequiturs into the microphone, and the apartment building scene transition. So a lot of scenes open like a classic Seinfeld episode and then kinda ends because it runs out of sets to do anything before Larry's back at the microphone sending out the greatest of weird non-sequiturs and not jokes.

Agreed. A couple more sets, some special guest stars (Newman is a must) and the ability to have three scenes follow on from each other will really elevate this.

As it is I’m utterly addicted.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

It's loving awful

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I believe you also see Yvonne's apartment but I could be wrong.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’d like a scene at one of the thousands of new restaurants they refer to hourly

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Update, even as background noise this got grating after a while. Plus I haven't watched ever since I saw the characters dismiss an invention that cooks dinner in under five minutes as impossible all while the microwave beeped in the background, because even the laugh track was perfectly timed for that and I knew then I'd already seen the peak.

Extra settings might be worth a chuckle, imagine a restaurant with waiters in the background struggling with their pathfinding.

StarkRavingMad posted:

there are a lot of additional twitch emotes that are available through addons like 7TV, BetterTTV, FrankerFaceZ, etc.

Whenever you see something like that which you don't understand, it's probably just an emote you're not seeing. anything with "wide" is usually an emote stretched extra wide for emphasis

The only good addon emotes are the ones with dancing animals, and the ones that replace third-party kek and Pepe the Frog emotes with a speech bubble that says "please ban me"

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

so I heard someone say that the economy is in trouble, but what do they know? they don't even have a job

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Last night there was an apartment scene where one of the characters said "I can't believe it's all ending like this, I thought we'd be talking about nothing forever." Genuinely thought they were pulling the plug but it just kept going.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

Lister posted:

It's just people repeating catch phrases. People love catch phrases. It reminds me of saltybet chat from years ago.

If I understood how to setup these things I would absolutely want to make an AI caster for saltybet / saltyteemo.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Talking about time traveling robots exploring space, alien mother ships, and octopuses.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hey, did you guys hear about the new ice cream place the mayor opened?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

The characters reading the stage directions like "pause for laughter" never gets old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Hammerite posted:

hey, did you guys hear about the new ice cream place the mayor opened?

It's fat free!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Bukowski posted:

It's fat free!

That's crazy. We should go there.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

That’s a great idea.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Jerry was made aware of this during a standup show.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait chat influences the ai??????

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

StarkRavingMad posted:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That’s a great idea.

After having this on in the background for a few hours, I’ve noticed this. These characters are way too positive. I don’t think they trained this AI with any George scenes. No one ever gets upset.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wifi Toilet posted:

After having this on in the background for a few hours, I’ve noticed this. These characters are way too positive. I don’t think they trained this AI with any George scenes. No one ever gets upset.

fred got pretty catty earlier https://clips.twitch.tv/ThirstyUglyNostrilNerfBlueBlaster-lIXSBbfya3RKQcuR

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I would like a deeper training set of dumb standup jokes and a cattier, more criminal oriented set for dialog.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Larry picked up the phone and is having an existential crisis. Just silence.

Still happening.

Edit: FRED CLIPPED INTO LARRY AND THEY HAVE BECOME ONE

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Now it is showing TV guide listings.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Earlier I was treated to Larry ranting about tax cuts to the wealthy and their effect on the middle class.

During his standup set.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I can't stop watching.

"Don't forget to spread the love and hugs."

-Larry Feinberg

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Wifi Toilet posted:

Although it's not true to the real spirit of Seinfeld, I think the thing being weirdly wholesome is part of its charm for me. Mostly leaving it on as dumb background noise, it's nice they all support each others' dumb ideas and want to check out every one of the 1000 new restaurants.

Although last night, Larry did suddenly slip into his standup routine "Why does everyone ask me if I am okay when clearly I am not?"

Also he told a story about a talking dog being sad because its owner just died, wrapping up with the "punchline" of the dog weeping and saying "I just miss him so much." Then "I hope everyone had lots of laughs tonight!" leading to the twitch chat spamming crying emotes

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just want to comment about how perfect the name nothing, forever is for it.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
That, and the sienfeld logo with the infinity symbol, are pretty inspired.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
They're getting better at sitting down

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

it finally broke, for about 5 minutes they all started talking gibberish and cursing

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

Space Jam posted:

it finally broke, for about 5 minutes they all started talking gibberish and cursing

Apparently, "nonsense mode" was turned on? The channel is now down for a TOS violation after Larry's transphobic rant.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

drat it larry

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

money making game posted:

Apparently, "nonsense mode" was turned on? The channel is now down for a TOS violation after Larry's transphobic rant.

Oh gently caress.

Larry’s last words before it died were “oh no, please don’t make me happy.” On brand.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

maybe eventually we’ll figure out how to make AI that doesn’t become bigoted

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Famous comedians getting cancelled for being transphobic being an inescapable part of reality even for a wacky AI generated comedy is a little too on point