Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why are there so many Scandinavians on the internet

It's cold outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

I post a lot. But also we have always had pretty good English education and high rates of internet connectivity. Plus we don't like talking to real people without being pretty drunk.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Peanut Butter posted:

It's cold outside

Worse: it's Scandinavia outside

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

Linux Toksvig, a Swedish computer scientist, invented the computer and Internet.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Collapsing Farts posted:

You just notice them more because a lot of them are at least bilingual. It's the same with Germans and the Dutch. I've been under cover among yanks for days before revealing myself. :ghost:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also there's way too many seppos on the internet in my experience, compared to Canadians or Australians.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Back Vikings Back!
Back to the lands of of eternal winter with you!
Take your smelly fish and strange, forward thinking yet somehow backward customs with you

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Peanut Butter posted:

It's cold outside

There's no kind of atmosphere

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BonHair posted:

Also there's way too many seppos on the internet in my experience, compared to Canadians or Australians.

To be fair there's just a lot more of us in general than there are Australians or Canadians, like 5 times as many.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Baron von Eevl posted:

To be fair there's just a lot more of us in general than there are Australians or Canadians, like 5 times as many.

there is absolutely no need to be fair to anybody who suggests there should be more australians on the internet

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah nah

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Coincidentally, Blåhaj is my favorite way to greet sexual partners.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/828757482717315162/1070934772722978867/trim.874E563F-99EB-40E2-A1A9-1C0E9981CF57.mov

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Zingus5/status/1622256289601490944

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Blå rhymes with "bore" (in an English accent). If you're American (sorry :( ) don't pronounce the R sound at the end.

Haj just sounds like "high".

https://translate.google.com/?sl=sv&tl=en&text=bl%C3%A5haj&op=translate

If this url works, take a listen.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

nah yeah

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Blå rhymes with "bore" (in an English accent). If you're American (sorry :( ) don't pronounce the R sound at the end.

Haj just sounds like "high".

https://translate.google.com/?sl=sv&tl=en&text=bl%C3%A5haj&op=translate

If this url works, take a listen.

what do you mean 'if you're american'? how the gently caress are english pronouncing bore with no R?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Indecisive posted:

what do you mean 'if you're american'? how the gently caress are english pronouncing bore with no R?

Pronunciation by Jonathan Woss.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Indecisive posted:

They usually just point at your posts I imagine

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Indecisive posted:

Calm down and think about it for a second. I'm sure you'll understand.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hello its me the annoying guy here to point out that american and british accents are diverse enough to contain both rhotic and non rhotic accents. only gods chosen people (australians) have such a lack of linguistic diversity to have a universally non rhotic national accent

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Long cold winters and widespread access to high speed internet.

Also everybody under the age of 50 speaks fluent English.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Last time I was in Scandinavia I left for Finland immediately. Then it was all caribou and salmiakki so I left there too.

Joke’s on me as I ended up back in Texas after that somehow :(

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

hello its me the annoying guy here to point out that american and british accents are diverse enough to contain both rhotic and non rhotic accents. only gods chosen people (australians) have such a lack of linguistic diversity to have a universally non rhotic national accent

Yeah, that's obvious. I assumed that most goons here would understand that I was talking about "generic" American and "generic" English. I'm sure you'd argue I was being too optimistic. In any case I gave you an opportunity to be pedantic. Teamwork!

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Next everyone post an audio clip of themselves talking. Just dub it over a meme video to stay on topic.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Yeah, that's obvious. I assumed that most goons here would understand that I was talking about "generic" American and "generic" English. I'm sure you'd argue I was being too optimistic. In any case I gave you an opportunity to be pedantic. Teamwork!

i am deeply offended by the idea of a generic english accent given that it would probably be rp (thank you so much)

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

It's over nine thousaaaaand!!! Lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

This.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

for the win lol

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I am DECEASED

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

freeedr posted:

I am DECEASED

WHAT

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Beeswax posted:

I googled a pronunciation video to share and the top result is some sort of anime. But they get the pronunciation right so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbJ65Q_Uw0

The ignorant Amerikansk pronunciation is better because it unlocks Hajj puns.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Just use the electric railcannon you noobs

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Moving image with text (and audio)

https://i.imgur.com/0PvnQiA.mp4

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Australians as usual claiming New Zealand things as their own :colbert:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

There's some blå in this haj. There's some blå in this haj. There's some blå in this haj. There's some blå in this haj.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Ikea made a limited run of trans colored blåhaj donated to therapists, counselors, and doctors offices.

That is a Blårosavithaj, surely

Edit:

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Feb 6, 2023

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Antigravitas posted:

You just notice them more because a lot of them are at least bilingual. It's the same with Germans and the Dutch. I've been under cover among yanks for days before revealing myself. :ghost:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

Moving image with text (and audio)

https://i.imgur.com/0PvnQiA.mp4

Cabin Boy is such an underrated movie.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Jamesman posted:

Cabin Boy is such an underrated movie.

Yeah it’s great. Fish stick kitties.

Adbot