Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
An awful floating child that makes every conversation take twice as long as it needs to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

A construct! Beep, beep. Construct!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hmm... never stops eating... might be some kind of time deity... oh poo poo paimon is

a langolier!!!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

bro i am tweaked and what the gently caress is even paimon seriously? lmao what is it

paimon is an evil void demon from beyond the stars that latched onto the traveler when they first arrived at teyvat
she's subtly guiding the traveler on their path to dethrone celestia, at which point paimon will return to her hive and they will devour the now-without-divine-protection world

she uses her void demon powers to influence the minds of everyone around which is why nobody ever questions the existence of a floating gremlin following around the legendary hero adventurer

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

paimon is an evil void demon from beyond the stars that latched onto the traveler when they first arrived at teyvat
she's subtly guiding the traveler on their path to dethrone celestia, at which point paimon will return to her hive and they will devour the now-without-divine-protection world

she uses her void demon powers to influence the minds of everyone around which is why nobody ever questions the existence of a floating gremlin following around the legendary hero adventurer
Yes, but have you considered the alternative of

gandlethorpe posted:

Emergency food

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Well, Paimon appears to be left-handed, but she shows her right hand in the open. So she can't be a Sky Person.

But this doesn't rule out her being a Sugar.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Paimon also breaks the rules of causality by leeching resources from other worlds to temporarily create simulacra of other people the traveller has encountered. Unmaking other resources from Teyvat including pages of great texts allows Paimon to strengthen these constructs, as she instead focuses the tales of adventure into the false histories of her puppets.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
paimon's a fairy seelie floating hoagie

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
When Paimon is released as a 5 star, her ult will be to just float behind the other characters off field and comment on what they're doing, like when fishing.

Kale
May 14, 2010

After finishing all 5 of Shinobus hangout routes I thought her sister looked familiar but couldn't quite place it till this morning. It was the Shrine Maiden thats with you during a good chunk of the Tatararsuna Island Sidestory Quests to purify the Thunder Sakura and fix the furnace so the whole center of the island isn't covered in Balethunder anymore. Coincidentally the quest I'm doing now with the movie making is features the other NPC from that event now back on the mainland. I now wonder if you could even do Shinobus hangout and the movie making quest without first completing Tatara Tales.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Paimon is multifunction, she can be many things:
  • emergency food
  • a floating child
  • an external organ
  • a construct
  • a floating elf companion
  • a Voice
  • a human hatchling
  • a mascot
  • a talking adeptal fruit
  • a floating assistance unit
  • the Endbringer, Herald Incarnadine, Ruin of the Stars and Woe of the Houses of Man

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Looking forward 8.1 so I can pull for my best friend P.A.I.M.O.N., the Primordial Algorithm of Intransient Matrix of Overseer Network (5 star Chrono catalyst).

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I got Sara C6 a few banners ago. I’d like to make her work in a Yaoyao Aggravate team, but it seems to me like Sucrose Hakushin is generally superior between VV shred, EM share, and DMG % buffs.

It’s also a bummer that the C6 Crit Damage bonus doesn’t snapshot. Her synergy with Beidou and Lisa is limited.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

brainwrinkle posted:

I got Sara C6 a few banners ago. I’d like to make her work in a Yaoyao Aggravate team, but it seems to me like Sucrose Hakushin is generally superior between VV shred, EM share, and DMG % buffs.

It’s also a bummer that the C6 Crit Damage bonus doesn’t snapshot. Her synergy with Beidou and Lisa is limited.

Just use her anyway. Relinquish your quest for the highest number and seek enlightenment.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

white floaty is silly

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hm, after about a week of doing inazuma commissions again, I got the gourmets to move over to sumeru and I got that last comission I needed for the writer (the follow-up quest for that was real fun!).

Amazing how none of that happened in the year or so of inazuma comissions.Although the gourmet one just requires doing one of their comissions after 3.1, so obviously that would've been impossible beforehand.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Emergency food

Everyone thinks it's just a gag, but later it's revealed that a species looking similar to Paimon is a common food source on the twins' home planet. Lumine/Aether just hasn't gotten hungry enough yet.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Well that was a completely unexpected Tignahri and Althalheim.

A 10-pull on 20 pity got me the targeted Yaoyao and Tignahri as a bonus (and priming the 50/50 for next).

Given that, figured I could throw another 10 pull in and came out with Althalheim instead.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 5, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Paimon may be emergency rations but the thousands of steaks in my inventory cooked by Amber suggest she's pretty safe.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Zenostein posted:

Hm, after about a week of doing inazuma commissions again, I got the gourmets to move over to sumeru and I got that last comission I needed for the writer (the follow-up quest for that was real fun!).

Amazing how none of that happened in the year or so of inazuma comissions.Although the gourmet one just requires doing one of their comissions after 3.1, so obviously that would've been impossible beforehand.

One day this will be me. :unsmith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I have 8k primogens and I am just salivating at the thought of spending them all

Yelan needs to hurry up

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I have 8k primogens and I am just salivating at the thought of spending them all

Yelan needs to hurry up

same but i have no need for hu tao/yelan cons, talked myself out of staff of homa and don’t really want dehya either. i’d love to roll mika for the cute factor but lol at spending primos for 4*s (exactly how i got kazuha to c3)

i’m basically going to have to bench the game for, like, a couple of months until baizhu comes out

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Yelan needs to hurry up

5.5k but on about 40 pity and lost the last coin flip (ha I didn’t really want Ayato, it’s fine game thanks for C1 Qiqi I’m not bitter) so hopefully won’t take much.

Rolled on the standard banner the other day and rolled Widsith for the third time. Should I just refine them all together or level up a second one of them? They just seem so much better than other 4* weapons I’ve accumulated.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Real Cool Catfish posted:

5.5k but on about 40 pity and lost the last coin flip (ha I didn’t really want Ayato, it’s fine game thanks for C1 Qiqi I’m not bitter) so hopefully won’t take much.

Rolled on the standard banner the other day and rolled Widsith for the third time. Should I just refine them all together or level up a second one of them? They just seem so much better than other 4* weapons I’ve accumulated.

My personal rule of thumb is:

Does a character in my roster actively need the weapon/better than what they have? They get it, obviously.
Do I currently have a spare of the weapon in my inventory? If not, I leave it alone in case I pull a character later who wants it. Otherwise, I refine, first on characters actively using the weapons, then on the spare.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Widsith is one of the best 4 star catalysts on a lot of characters. So I'd keep at least one extra copy.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
1745 wishes and I still don't have the widsith :laugh:

I'm tempted to keep wishing on the Alhaitham banner just for 4* constellations because the Yelan banner has 4* characters I have maxed out and will be a complete waste until I hit pity. Probably a bad idea but it's never backfired on me in the past. I pretty much never get lucky with non-pity 5* rolls.

If Thoma has 4-piece Severed Fate and triggers burgeon with his burst, does the reaction damage get boosted by his burst dmg bonus? Or is the reaction only affected by EM and character level?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Widsith is one of the best 4 star catalysts on a lot of characters. So I'd keep at least one extra copy.

This is true, but Widsith is also one of the weapons that really benefits from its refinements. If you don't mind swapping weapons, I'd personally refine it.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Sanctum posted:

If Thoma has 4-piece Severed Fate and triggers burgeon with his burst, does the reaction damage get boosted by his burst dmg bonus? Or is the reaction only affected by EM and character level?

The reaction damage is not burst damage, it will not be boosted by Severed Fate 4 piece.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I have three c5 Widths and two c1s. I didn't ask for this.

I've dipped into welkin from time to time, but I'm mostly free to play, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have 3 r5 dragons banes

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I've got more flutes than a loving philharmonic

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I know Widsith is amazing but everytime I look at it I just see the big RNG dice roll passive and recoil away. I know it's still amazing even with that going on! My brain is just broken and stupid!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I mean the RNG isn't that big a deal. If a character can potentially use two of the buffs that's still a huge boost to overall damage, and if they can use all three then there's literally no downside. And even if it had no proc at all it's still a decent stat stick with a boatload of crit damage.

Love your Widsith.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 6, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Which of the Lantern Rite Liyue 4-star characters would be the best for giving my wife more flexibility in her possible team comps? She currently just has Traveler, Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Noelle, Xiangling, Ningguang, Chongyun (almost all at C0). I know that Beidou and Xingqiu are coming as part of the next wish series and she plans on throwing a few dozen wishes at that just to pick up some more 4* (and hopefully Beidou/Xingqiu).

Also - is Yaoyao worth picking up if I don't have her or would I be better off picking up a constellation for Xiangling?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

not only are they part of the Yelan/Hu Tao banners starting this week, XQ will also be in the shop next month (and Beidou is in this month)

shouldnt wish on a banner for its 4* characters, but that's something to consider if luck does not favor you

Yao Yao will probably not return for a little while since she's on the current banner and isn't part of the shop rotation. dendro being as useful as it is, I would pick up Yao Yao. But ymmv.

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 6, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Asimo posted:

I mean the RNG isn't that big a deal. If a character can potentially use two of the buffs that's still a huge boost to overall damage, and if they can use all three then there's literally no downside. And even if it had no proc at all it's still indecent stat stick with a boatload of crit damage.

Love your Widsith.

this

but also i've been collecting even more of them and i'm not really sure who i wanted to give them to.

maybe lisa, she probably deserves something better than the dragonspine one (lol)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mordiceius posted:

Which of the Lantern Rite Liyue 4-star characters would be the best for giving my wife more flexibility in her possible team comps? She currently just has Traveler, Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Noelle, Xiangling, Ningguang, Chongyun (almost all at C0). I know that Beidou and Xingqiu are coming as part of the next wish series and she plans on throwing a few dozen wishes at that just to pick up some more 4* (and hopefully Beidou/Xingqiu).

Also - is Yaoyao worth picking up if I don't have her or would I be better off picking up a constellation for Xiangling?

I'd suggest you both go for Yaoyao since the other 4 stars you can choose are in rotation for stardust. You know you'll be able to buy or pull more constellations, you don't know when Yaoyao will be on a rate up banner again. Like you'll really want at least c2 Beidou and c6 Xinqiu eventually for using them, but she's already rolling on their banner and as I mentioned both will have copies for sale.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Unless it's C4 or C6 for XL, Yaoyao for sure. She's perfectly usable at C0 and more Dendro enables all kinds of team flexibility.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Mordiceius posted:

Dendro is an incredibly strong element and the other freebie Dendro character (Collei) is okay but kind of awkward to use well.

XQ is one of the best characters in the game and enables an incredible number of comps, your wife should probably grab him if she doesn't have some other particular favorite, even if he is coming up as a banner 4-star later.

e: although Yaoyao isn't a bad idea either, i don't see an outright healer on her list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: although Yaoyao isn't a bad idea either, i don't see an outright healer on her list

Oops! She has Barbara too.

Her current go-to team comp is Kaeya, Xiangling, Barbara, and Anemo Traveler.