Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

buffalo all day posted:

I usually emote I’m losing and then fist bump and snap t1, I feel like people usually get it.

People tend to be more chill now with emotes I'm noticing, but normally when I see "I'm losing!" is when my opponent has a meta deck, a great hand and great locations and they are about to dunk on me.

And unrelatedly, I've only been kicking around in the 50's, but the few times I've seen Galactus they have not been able to pull it off. The most memorable time was when I was running a Death/Moongirl deck. They played Galactus and snapped and I dropped 2 Deaths and an Amy and won handily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man my mr negative “flipper” deck is kicking rear end with the citadel location

Sometimes with the citadel/wong/mystique/surfer it just takes ages for that last turn to finish :haw:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Another one of these, this one was a bit harder to figure out.

https://twitter.com/charsiewspace/status/1622270532854108161?s=46&t=dwh68_QnWK7NMxARmRpNcA

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

priznat posted:

Man my mr negative “flipper” deck is kicking rear end with the citadel location

Sometimes with the citadel/wong/mystique/surfer it just takes ages for that last turn to finish :haw:

I want this Rogue variant

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Devo posted:

That's absolutely my backup Rogue want after the Rian Gonzales one. The store hates showing me variants I actually want to get tho.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Devo posted:

I would love to have Rogue.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Devo posted:

Yah that one rocks, just got it in a box a few days ago.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Anna Paquin Rogue.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is the server down for anyone else?

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Up fine here

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Can I get you cube donators for about ohhh 40 or so games so I can go from 74ish to 100? I was up to 95 at one point and then just got the poo poo kicked out of me for a week. :(

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finishing out the season at rank 95 despite making it to 99.7 a few days ago. Completely killed any desire to rank grind going forwards, just gonna do my dailies and play for fun next season.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Welp, that was a satisfying match, and I didn't play the Coulson-provided Wong.(Because he wouldn't help any of my cards)

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
So how much gold a week should I expect to be coming in with f2p other than the season pass? I've got about 8k saved and trying to figure out how close I'll be to getting both bundles or if I should just get the more efficient cheaper one

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

novamute posted:

So how much gold a week should I expect to be coming in with f2p other than the season pass? I've got about 8k saved and trying to figure out how close I'll be to getting both bundles or if I should just get the more efficient cheaper one

1000 per month from the season pass
500 per month if you hit 90
Several hundred from collector’s reserves and season caches, varying depending on how much you play
Maybe some from a monthly event or general rewards

Call it 500-600 gold per week maybe if you’re a consistent, successful and fairly active season pass player?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hit rank 70. I was happy at 60 but got on one hell of a hot streak.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Wait, the season doesn't end for another day! Maybe I can make Inifinite after all (har har)

Why does new season start on Tuesday? That's just weird.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It legit sucks. Hopefully, Zabu will get gutted, and the meta will be a bit more diverse next season. Also hopefully, Shuri and Galactus get kneecapped as well.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have gotten absolutely DUMPSTERED this past week. No idea the difference but I've dropped from almost 70 to below 50. I just can't string together any wins.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 6, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Here's a fucker of an interaction/bug, Enchantress doesn't disable Sandman's On Going effect. It's not just a visual bug. I had it happen twice and couldn't play more than one card afterward.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I did find out if you play a Scarlet Witch on turn 6 and get the "No cards are revealed this turn" location... cards will still be revealed that turn.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

I did find out if you play a Scarlet Witch on turn 6 and get the "No cards are revealed this turn" location... cards will still be revealed that turn.

It's a little funky, but there's an End of Game phase after the last turn ends, and they're revealed then. (If there was a Sunspot, it would gain power and then more cards would flip).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I am having more fun at Infinite feeding people cubes than I ever did while ranking to Infinite. That's either an indictment of me or of this game's ranking system. Possibly both.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Interesting! It looks like when there's multiple Baxter Buildings, the one in the middle takes priority and can affect the one on the right. This makes sense with how the game generally works, so that's neat.

Also lmao dunked on that guy even though I hosed up and my only T6 play was Hazmat

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Finally got to 60 this season on the back of someone who snapped the second the first location was revealed which was Cloning Vats. Second location was Lechuguilla. They put down his first card as Morbius on the unrevealed third location. That location turned out to be...Machine World.

I played Cosmo as my first card on cloning vats and got lucky on the 50-50 so I shut down....their Gambit, but they got a second one! So you know I had to put Cosmo down on Lechuguilla to shut down their Swordmaster. Turn 5 before they finally started getting desperate and knocked one of my Cosmos out with their cloned Gambit the the damage is absolutely done. Turn 6 was all about them desperate to put power on the board.

I almost snapped back but I figured they probably felt it was still winnable and didn't want to scare them off since I needed all 4 cubes to push me over the top.

My month long struggle is over and for it I got....loving Pixel Iron Man. I'll probably do a little playing tomorrow but I can hold all 6 upcoming dailies if I have to until to keep myself above 60.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skippy McPants posted:

Here's a fucker of an interaction/bug, Enchantress doesn't disable Sandman's On Going effect. It's not just a visual bug. I had it happen twice and couldn't play more than one card afterward.

I've had that happen with Electro and if you try to play the other card again it should work the second time

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
loving hell I actually hit 80.

Okay now nerf Surfer and Zabu to oblivion please. Aero too.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Studio posted:

Interesting! It looks like when there's multiple Baxter Buildings, the one in the middle takes priority and can affect the one on the right. This makes sense with how the game generally works, so that's neat.

Also lmao dunked on that guy even though I hosed up and my only T6 play was Hazmat

Yeah it’s important to know that locations resolve left to right too.

Signed, the dude I played against who didn’t understand what was about to happen when Bifrost moved his weaker board on the left spot onto Hala on the middle spot.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nikumatic posted:

Yeah it’s important to know that locations resolve left to right too.

Signed, the dude I played against who didn’t understand what was about to happen when Bifrost moved his weaker board on the left spot onto Hala on the middle spot.

Notable exception: Starlight Citadel always resolves first no matter where it is. (In case I got the name slightly wrong, it's the one that rearranges the locations on turn 4.)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The best thing about playing M'Baku.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Skippy McPants posted:

Look very closely at the location you played Zabu to. Enchantress deactivated Sandman correctly.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Season resets tonight (2/6) at 10- PM eastern?

I hit 80 yesterday wondering if it's worth it to try and claw my way to 90 for the extra gold...

Also, curious what everyone else thinks is the WORST card design of the BASE cards?
My vote is Coulson. What is that pose?

It looks like he's sort of doing a "Charlie's Angels" type of thing....but why is his tie floating in midair with a weird crease in it? Why is his back pant leg clinging so perfectly to his calf muscle?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

With the Surfer nerf potentially on its way I'm having to shore up side decks. Recently I pulled Venom, so today I'm trying to figure out if he has a place in either of my Death-related decks and.. I don't know if he does. Thoughts? I'm just not sure where Venom is used vs Carnage, who seems to benefit more from eating squirrels and Hood and such.

Any other changes you'd recommend? I'm pretty happy with both honestly. One weaker link is Moon Girl. She doesn't always show up when I need her, or she shows up when things haven't gone entirely my way and her doubling up doesn't help as much. I know DeathWave is probably superior but I like Wolverine shenanigans with his buff and don't feel like he has a place in DeathWave so when I'm in the mood to play a destruction deck I bounce between the two of them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Venom is primarily a good Zola target along with Death.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Any fun Agatha decks? A lot of the online advice is to use a discard deck to get rid of her quickly, which feels like it's defeating the purpose.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

New Leaf posted:

With the Surfer nerf potentially on its way I'm having to shore up side decks. Recently I pulled Venom, so today I'm trying to figure out if he has a place in either of my Death-related decks and.. I don't know if he does. Thoughts? I'm just not sure where Venom is used vs Carnage, who seems to benefit more from eating squirrels and Hood and such.

I think the idea is usually to get Venom big by t5 (which may include eating your 8 power Carnage, 6 power Winter Soldier, etc) and then using Taskmaster or Arnim Zola to put that power in another lane possibly along with Death.

It’s okay but unless you have locations that really work for you or you Deathwave Death out early, I don’t think he ends up particularly chunky compared to some other options if you have Shuri/Wong.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
There specifically isn't another deck Agatha is good in because you can't build around the ai being awful, but you can build around her starting in your opening hand.
The only other use is to put her in a deck that fulfils the requirements of your daily quests and mash End Turn (rip cubes though)

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Hobo Clown posted:

Any fun Agatha decks? A lot of the online advice is to use a discard deck to get rid of her quickly, which feels like it's defeating the purpose.

No, that’s it. She’s marginally better than Hulk points wide but has the disadvantage of being stupid and running your deck. Discarding Agatha then bringing back with Ghost Rider/Hela gives you the points while minimising the disadvantages.

I’d prefer to use Infinaut for the same purpose though.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

If I had to guess, a general "good cards" archetype deck (basically highest power cards at every cost level) probably does well with her. Playing Agatha is like playing ego every game. The game makes poor decisions on interactions and usually wants to play the "best" card it can at that cost level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

New Leaf posted:

Any other changes you'd recommend? I'm pretty happy with both honestly. One weaker link is Moon Girl. She doesn't always show up when I need her, or she shows up when things haven't gone entirely my way and her doubling up doesn't help as much. I know DeathWave is probably superior but I like Wolverine shenanigans with his buff and don't feel like he has a place in DeathWave so when I'm in the mood to play a destruction deck I bounce between the two of them.

I changed out deathlok with venom with good results.

Like Kaddish said, if you have Zola then venom is good too.