Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
dark choccy 'gestives or gtfo imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ThomasPaine posted:

Yeah tiktok is the absolute definition of depressive hedonia. Plenty easy to wake up in the morning, say you'll have fifteen mins scrolling, and the next thing you know it's 2pm.

One thing I've realised recently is that I should be using pomodoros for things I like doing as well as things I don't. Very useful to have a check in with myself every now and then and ask whether I still actually want to be doing this still.

Tiktok would be very bad for me and I won't risk it

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Biscuit Tax

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

mrpwase posted:

When was the last time you saw a biscuit that was actually cooked twice, as the Romans intended

Tweren't like this back in my day :reject:

A while back I had my family over to watch a film and bought some nice fancy toffee shortbread biscuits for us to enjoy while watching it. About three quarters of the pack got eaten but the rest were accidentally left out and went stale.

I was about to throw them out when I realised, biscuits go stale because they're drier than the ambient air and absorb that moisture, which is what makes them go soft.

So instead of throwing them out, I popped them into the oven for five or ten minutes and enjoyed some hot crunchy shortbread.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Choco Leibniz is the S tier biscuit.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is fortunate that fox's crunch creams come in a finite packet, because if they did not I would eat them until I died.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Perhaps chocolate biscuits counts as a category separate from regular biscuits, but imho the Fox’s Classic is absolutely peerless and cannot be improved upon.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My wife bought a box of broken biscuits the other week that were somehow 90% variations on chocolate coated whatevers, including multiple full sized chocolate biscuit bar things of some variety including a few with caramel in them.

Should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Noxville posted:

Perhaps chocolate biscuits counts as a category separate from regular biscuits, but imho the Fox’s Classic is absolutely peerless and cannot be improved upon.

I don't know if I'd go that far without consulting some sort of big list to make sure I haven't forgotten something, but they're really loving good

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I love a decent shortbread - Waitrose fingers are nice, but sadly the cheap home bargains ones are too sweet.

Testro
May 2, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

Is Eddie Hall alright? He seems sound enough and I like watching him pick up heavy things but I know lots of strongman/gym bro types tend to gravitate towards alt right red pill bullshit so I'm kinda waiting to hear that he's gone on some insane tirade about the soyification of the western male or whatever.

I like Eddie. I've not seen any worrying flags in his content so far.

The Stoltman brothers are usually a good watch as well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We've had some nice days of late so I took more photos.

I don't honestly know how people survive away from the sea.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 6, 2023

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Reveilled posted:

So instead of throwing them out, I popped them into the oven for five or ten minutes and enjoyed some hot crunchy shortbread.

This is wisdom

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I don't honestly know how people survive away from the sea.
We carry small seas inside us and spend most of our time ensuring that the mineral composition is right and that none of it spills out.

Not the best use of effort imo

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

How do you eat Jaffa Cakes?

I bite round the edge, leaving the jellied part, bite the sponge bottom off it, jelly last. Cherry flavour preferred.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I bite round the edge, leaving the jellied part, bite the sponge bottom off it, jelly last. Cherry flavour preferred.

Open mouth, insert cake, close mouth.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

I do the same but the opposite. Sponge last

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I eat them by chucking them in the bin and eating a real cake

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Like a normal person: the entire pack in one sitting, with implied but not actually audible chomping sound like something out of the Beano.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Z the IVth posted:

Open mouth, insert cake, close mouth.

Do you...chew?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mrpwase posted:

Do you...chew?

Sounds like something a coward would do

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I've never eaten a jaffa cake, never seemed especially appealing as an idea tbh.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Microplastics posted:

I eat them by chucking them in the bin and eating a real cake

mrpwase posted:

Do you...chew?

Sometimes i'll just let a biscuit sort of go soggy in mouth for a bit before eating it. Popping a bourbon in your mouth (biscuit or drink) and then taking a sip of tea is the only way to make tea not taste like garbage water.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

My indulgence is popping certain types of biscuits in the microwave for 10 seconds or so which turns them warm and gooey again like they're just out the oven. If that's wrong I don't want to be right.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I cannot imagine being so close minded as to eat jaffa cakes in only one preferred way. Variety is the spice of life! A true connoisseur aims to eat their jaffa in a different manner each time, do they not?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Reveilled posted:

Made my fuckin day.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Only Kindness posted:

Like a normal person: the entire pack in one sitting

That is a given.

A sign of resigning myself to depressing adulthood has been deciding not to eat a whole pack at once. They aren't big.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

The only person I know who really likes Jaffa cakes ate pretty much nothing but for three years, developed severe mental problems and moved to South Africa. That's all I'm saying.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jaffa cakes are the business but if you don’t eat at least one in the packet by putting it in your mouth and letting it dissolve until it’s just a tasty jelly circle you’re a freak

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miftan posted:

the only way to make tea not taste like garbage water.

Many will censure you for this but I will fight and die for this truth.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Many will censure you for this but I will fight and die for this truth.

All my food opinions have at least some people agree with them - and that's just the posters! There's also the silent majority of lurkers that agree with!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The correct way to make tea not taste like garbage water is to use rooibos instead of badwater leaves.

e: Or hibiscus. Many such options.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Tea: Leaf Soup

Coffee: Bean Soup

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

"These are good biscuits and they cost four pounds!" - Julius Nicholson, the big baldy ballbag.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

sebzilla posted:

The only YouTube shorts I will click on are Rollercoaster POVs and Eddie Hall making faces at people doing weird strength challenges.

TikTok looks awful, I will never

The only YouTube shorts I watch are short videos of people explaining different parts of Warhammer 40K lore.
("Here is a 30 second video about an Ork Warboss who soloed an Imperetor Titan.") Or any of Justin Whang's shorts.

Speaking of biscuits, Tesco has finally restocked their Plain Chocolate Digestives after being gone for about three months. Another reason why Brexit has been terrible.

For a really cheap, normal biscuits, they really hit the spot when paired with an orange drink.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Great, now I need to make a wall shelf.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dead Goon posted:

Great, now I need to make a wall shelf.

It really is the best way to display your most prized biscuits

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ftukpolitics/status/1622656536714641409?s=19

Frisk the Trussey

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Broke: Jonsing for Bussy.

Woke: Jonsing for Clussy.

Bespoke: Jonsing for Trussy.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 6, 2023