Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aint no doubt about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

larry sweeney would have done great with mjf :smith:

I think about Larry Sweeney in AEW a lot.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Joe Lanza saying the first set of ROH tapings are on Feb 25-26

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anything on a location

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Update on Jay's daughters:

quote:

*JJ, Briscoe's nine-year old daughter was officially released from the hospital yesterday and is back home. She will have to wear her neck and back brace for four more weeks, at which point she will then return to the hospital to have her back brace surgically removed. She will obviously need continued physical therapy as she recovers but she was able to return home last night.

*Gracie, Briscoe's 12 year old daughter, will be moved to the rehab floor of the hospital so that she can focus more on physical therapy towards regaining use of her legs below the knee. She has feeling in her legs but is still unable to move them below the knees. She noted to her sister that her leg, which has felt as if its tingling nonstop, "felt normal" last night.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Fingers crossed for the pair of them, physiotherapy is horrible.

Was there ever any reason given for why the other driver swerved into the wrong lane?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fingers crossed for the pair of them, physiotherapy is horrible.

Was there ever any reason given for why the other driver swerved into the wrong lane?

I don't believe so, no. It's possible that we may never know what actually happened.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

Joe Lanza saying the first set of ROH tapings are on Feb 25-26

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1622603766372466695

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seems kinda poo poo to be a rushed set of tv tapings and loving up bookings(even if it is just Beyond)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

Seems kinda poo poo to be a rushed set of tv tapings and loving up bookings(even if it is just Beyond)

One one hand, that does stink. On the other hand, Trish Adora (apparently) at the ROH tapings!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wonder if the roh tv, six man, and womens belts will get redesigns

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lol those names almost got me to go to a Beyond show. Bullet dodged

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Willow was not pulled from the show apparently

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1622648320215732224/photo/1

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Every promoter who books TV contracted talent knows that until they are at the venue, there is a possibility they get pulled.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pinche Rudo posted:

Every promoter who books talent knows that until they are at the venue, there is a possibility they just don’t show up

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
This could just be me connecting dots, but given the date from Lanza and his prior ROH ties (specifically with Shane Taylor); https://twitter.com/EWAMDWrestling/status/1622590485360439298

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JOHN CENA posted:

I hope so. And the World, World Tag Team, and Pure titles need tweaked to change over to the new logo to be honest

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

no they're perfect

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If Shane Taylor is there, it’s gonna be good stuff.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

"Can I get a Necro chant?" is burned into my memory

Ah the age of "YouTube Shooters".

https://youtu.be/YGC5oMICH8U

This is even MORE cringe filled than I remember somehow. I don't know how that's possible but it's true.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

JOHN CENA posted:

Just use the original TV title!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

itsnews posted:

i love that lovely little belt

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH is at its worst when the logos on its belts are most synced up.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

ROH is at its worst when the logos on its belts are most synced up.

hopefully TK knows this power and understands how to harness it

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Bring back the best ROH tag belts, Coward Tony.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I hope so. And the World, World Tag Team, and Pure titles need tweaked to change over to the new logo to be honest

they should retire the tag titles to Mark Briscoe and then use that as the excuse to make new titles for everyone

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ah the age of "YouTube Shooters".

https://youtu.be/YGC5oMICH8U

This is even MORE cringe filled than I remember somehow. I don't know how that's possible but it's true.

one person in that video went on to be a booker for CZW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

itsnews posted:

I love that not only does the belt have the image of tube tv on it, ROH also made sure there was a tv stand as well.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

made even better by the fact that at that time it was impossible to watch their programming on standard definition

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

From March 2nd you can watch Ring Of Honor on your computer once more.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2023/02/15/ring-of-honor-tv-broadcast-return-date-honorclub

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Tickets for the first new-era RoH tapings are on sale tomorrow for Orlando, to be filmed on either side of an AEW Dark taping next weekend.

Hoping I can get tickets!!!

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 16, 2023

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Lucky!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm going to Universal for a vacation, staying in the Hard Rock Hotel and everything.... starting on the 28th, TWO DAYS AFTER THE ROH TAPING.

I'm so loving outplayed. :suicide:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I'm going to Universal for a vacation, staying in the Hard Rock Hotel and everything.... starting on the 28th, TWO DAYS AFTER THE ROH TAPING.

I'm so loving outplayed. :suicide:

Change your flight to 2 days early and stay in a lovely motel and then when you check into Hard Rock it’ll feel even cooler

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Change your flight to 2 days early and stay in a lovely motel and then when you check into Hard Rock it’ll feel even cooler

Highly recommend. I do this every weekend.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1629631427120693248

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

“a man who cost him $100,000 at Christmas” is a wonderful phrase

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m essentially done with any western wrestling that’s not Ring of Honor. It’s like it’s 2008 for me all over again.

itsnews
Jul 25, 2022

NienNunb posted:

I’m essentially done with any western wrestling that’s not Ring of Honor. It’s like it’s 2008 for me all over again.

I’m trying my hardest to avoid spoilers! I’m right there with ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Was never an ROH guy because they sucked very badly by the time I started watching wrestling again but I’m very hyped for this. I’m all in on the idea of having a more wrestling focused product where they can experiment more with pushes and feuds without the pressure of TV ratings.