Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given that in the game pilots apparently randomly fail their shutdown check I have always envisioned it as basically a dead man switch that they have to keep mashing to stop the reactor turning off and sometimes they forget.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Captain Foo posted:

That is the worst quad I’ve ever seen and in a battletech Thread that’s saying something

:drat:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Given that in the game pilots apparently randomly fail their shutdown check I have always envisioned it as basically a dead man switch that they have to keep mashing to stop the reactor turning off and sometimes they forget.

When its come up in the novels its always been a control only for that purpose, but you have to take your hands off some of the other controls to hit it which ties into the failed saves causing it. They werent fast enough to pull the hands from the firing controls to keep the machine up inbetween their volleys

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://www.history.navy.mil/resear...eport-no57.html

quote:

43. During the action, power on fire control and interior communication circuits throughout the ship was lost for approximately three minutes as a result of short-circuits due to the destruction by gunfire of cable and
equipment on I.C. and F.C. circuits in the superstructure. The short-circuits produced an overload such that the circuit breaker on the normal feeder to the I.C. switchboard tripped on main generator and distribution switchboard No. 1. The I.C. switchboard was equipped with automatic bus transfer to shift the power supply to the emergency Diesel generator switchboard No. 1 in case of interruption of normal power from the main board. As the capacity of the Diesel generator was considerably smaller than the connected load on the I.C. switchboard, the F.C. and I.C. bus was energized through a 1000 ampere circuit breaker which was designed to automatically open before the automatic bus transfer operated. Thus, only the load on the I.C. restricted bus, which was well within the capacity of the emergency generator, would remain on the board. The circuit breaker opened properly. But after the automatic bus transfer operated, the fuzes protecting the emergency supply "blew." Apparently several of the circuits connected to the I.C. restricted bus were still short-circuited. Defective circuits were isolated and power restored on all serviceable I.C. and F.C. circuits in approximately three minutes.

44. Ordinarily, matters which are not the result of damage by enemy action are not included in damage reports. In this case, however, the fact that electrical failure initiated by the shock of gunfire was a handicap to SOUTH DAKOTA while in action warrants some comment. As a result of this failure, numerous control shifts had to be made and it was reported that all power on the after part of the ship was lost for about a minute. This occurred before receiving the first hit.

45. At the time of the failure, normal power was being supplied to the after 5-inch director from generator and distribution switchboard No. 4 through a bus transfer panel, power distribution panel, and an automatic bus transfer switch (PLATE II). The automatic bus transfer switch received its alternate supply from generator and distribution switchboard No. 2 through a bus transfer panel and a power distribution panel. The AQB circuit breakers in the distribution panels, which were in unattended locations, were "locked in" in accordance with outstanding instructions.

46. The shock produced by Turret III firing astern caused the contactor for the alternate power supply in the automatic bus transfer switch to close, thereby paralleling generator and distribution switchboards No. 4 and No. 2. As the two power sources were not in phase the resulting synchronizing current surge welded the contacts on the automatic bus transfer switch closed and the normal feeder cable to the after 5-inch director (FE834) ruptured and short-circuited between phases on the No. 4 generator and distribution switchboard side of the rupture. Because no mention was made of trouble on the alternate power supply to the director, it is inferred that the rupture of the normal feeder cleared the short-circuit on the alternate supply which then continued to supply the director. As the AQB circuit breaker in the power distribution panel was "locked in" the fault on generator and distribution switchboard No. 4 was cleared by the tripping of generator No. 7 ACB circuit breaker. It was not reported whether the feeder ACB circuit breaker tripped also but it was implied that it did.

--12--

47. The operator then energized generator and distribution switchboard No. 4 from generator and distribution switchboard No. 3 by closing the bus tie (FE0404) circuit breaker. The circuit breaker for the normal feeder (FE0716) to the bus transfer panel was closed manually, causing the circuit breaker to generator No. 6 to trip. At this time, the circuit breakers on both normal feeder (FE0716) and alternate feeder (FE0420) to the bus transfer panel were opened. Power was restored to generator and distribution switchboards Nos. 3 and 4 by closing the circuit breakers to generators Nos. 5 and 6. The alternate feeder (FE0420) circuit breaker to the bus transfer panel was closed at generator and distribution switchboard No. 3, tripping out circuit breakers for generators Nos. 5 and 6 and the alternate feeder (FE0420). Circuit breakers for generators Nos. 5, 6 and 7 were immediately closed again, while circuit breakers on normal feeder (FE0716) and alternate feeder (FE0420) remained open. From the time of closure of the automatic bus transfer switch until closure of the circuit breakers for generators Nos. 5, 6 and 7 it was reported that about one minute elapsed. Repair parties then located the fault, isolated it and restored power to 5-inch mounts Nos. 6 and 8.

48. The source of these electrical failures was the unreliable operation of the automatic bus transfer switch. All of these switches have been replaced by a manual type transfer switch.

49. The power interruption on the after main switchboards was made more extensive by the failure of the feeder and the main generator circuit breakers to operate selectively under short-circuit conditions. As a result, instead of the feeder breaker operating alone to isolate the short-circuit, the generator breaker also tripped out at the same time. For proper operation, the generator circuit breakers should not open under fault conditions except when the fault is on the switchboard bus or between the generator and the switchboard. This means that the generator circuit breaker should have sufficient time delay at currents equal to the maximum short-circuit current of the generator to permit the feeder breakers only to trip. At the same time, the generator breakers must provide a reasonable amount of switchboard bus fault protection. After considerable study and development and subsequent to this casualty, improved circuit breaker performance was obtained by replacing the time delay dashpot trip devices on the main generator circuit breakers with a type PQ relay. The type PQ relays installed on the SOUTH DAKOTA were the first that became available. Nearly comparable improvement in selective breaker operation has been obtained on similar ships by the installation of special time delay dashpots on the generator breakers.

tl;dr: Get good quality circuit breakers or you risk losing all power to your 45000 ton Battleship, including all sensors, fire control and communications.

That's what I imagine your 'Mech shutting down is like. Tripping the right breaker turns everything back on. This is of some consequence when engaging enemy capital ships at point blank range at night.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 31, 2023

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If anybody (nobody) needs further context:

I.C. - Interior communications
F.C. - Fire Control
AQB - An airgap circuit breaker in a full shell molded plastic case installed in a distribution panel.
ACB - A larger airgap circuit breaker with an open shell frame, installed in their distribution switchboards by large sliding rails and jackscrews.

Since I happen to have one sitting in my pile - Here is a fully functional if slightly mangled AQB-400LF, which is 400A with (the slightly mangled part) a 100kA fusepack slot. Used for 200+ HP pumps.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

If anybody (nobody) needs further context:

I.C. - Interior communications
F.C. - Fire Control
AQB - An airgap circuit breaker in a full shell molded plastic case installed in a distribution panel.
ACB - A larger airgap circuit breaker with an open shell frame, installed in their distribution switchboards by large sliding rails and jackscrews.

Since I happen to have one sitting in my pile - Here is a fully functional if slightly mangled AQB-400LF, which is 400A with (the slightly mangled part) a 100kA fusepack slot. Used for 200+ HP pumps.

A) of loving course there's a goon around here who reads about a battleship getting power knocked out because of a dodgy breaker and "I happen to have one sitting in my pile" Lmao I love these forums.

B) What i'm reading here is that you need to jury rig that thing into a USB device so you can have a big loving toggle to flip and override shutdown, maybe even requiring you to pull a fuse and reinsert it to restart. :hmmyes:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Comstar posted:

https://www.history.navy.mil/resear...eport-no57.html

tl;dr: Get good quality circuit breakers or you risk losing all power to your 45000 ton Battleship, including all sensors, fire control and communications.

That's what I imagine your 'Mech shutting down is like. Tripping the right breaker turns everything back on. This is of some consequence when engaging enemy capital ships at point blank range at night.

I'm impressed as hell that the Damage Control crews managed to isolate and fix that poo poo in 1 minute and 3 minutes respectively.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Cyrano4747 posted:

From that standpoint making heat do internal structure damage is a decent enough way to approximate that in a computer game where you pilot isn't independently tracked re: health.

Now, taking this full circle to the game that this thread is ostensibly about, I kind of wonder why they went with the internal structure damage option in HBS BT rather than making you roll to prevent your character taking damage. In vanilla BT I'll just shrug and deal with a couple points of internal structure damage in an assault or heavy. Oh no my Stalker alpha'd for the third turn in a row and took 8 damage to all its internal hit boxes, the horror. But if it straight up dealt a point of damage to the pilot? LMAO I need that rear end in a top hat in the cockpit for the next mission, time to get serious about heat management.

You could go back and look at Kiva's posts ITT, she went into some of the design decisions they made. But a lot of the places they went away from authentic TT was to reduce, but not eliminate, wild RNG swings. So all ammo has CASE for free, crit hits are toned down, head hits generally require at least 2 for a kill, etc.

Overheat and then a roll for maybe getting pilot damage is the type of thing they moved away from. And in exchange they dropped the default health of pilots. (This has it's own game-design tradeoff, where low-HP pilots are very squishy but at 5 or 6 HP will generally out-tank than their mech. Especially after the stability buff.)

But that was the initial idea for coolant vent when they re-did abilities: vent a bunch of heat in exchange for 1 pilot hit.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Locator posted:

I'm impressed as hell that the Damage Control crews managed to isolate and fix that poo poo in 1 minute and 3 minutes respectively.

That stuff is drilled to a mind-numbing degree.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

That stuff is drilled to a mind-numbing degree.

A few years back I had to dig into some poo poo on the USS Stark for job related stuff and ended up reading a bunch of accounts of the ship both before and after she was attacked. The tl;dr on that for anyone who doesn't know is that Stark was patrolling the Gulf during the Iran-Iraq war and got slammed by two anti-ship missiles. Came really loving close to sinking, heroic damage control is the only reason she didn't.

Anyways, it turns out the Captain (who got royally and unjustly hosed during the investigation I may add, and who by all accounts knew this was coming based on telling his officers to throw him under the bus if need be while the ship was still flooding) was a massive, hardcore, damage control nut. One of the things he would do is basically randomly grab crewmen in the halls, throw a bag over their heads, spin them in a circle, and shout at them to get to their damage control station. He wanted everyone to be able to find their spot in the dark, when disoriented.

More than once in the book I had you find some seaman saying "yeah that was annoying as piss and we thought he was insane but then the missiles knocked out power in the ship while I was asleep in my berth and I got flung 40 feet into a dark, smoky hallway and wouldn't you know it I was able to find my DC station, guess Captain was right, thank god we had him."

Seriously, though, that poo poo was nuts and worth digging into if you find that stuff interesting.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Cyrano4747 posted:

A few years back I had to dig into some poo poo on the USS Stark for job related stuff and ended up reading a bunch of accounts of the ship both before and after she was attacked. The tl;dr on that for anyone who doesn't know is that Stark was patrolling the Gulf during the Iran-Iraq war and got slammed by two anti-ship missiles. Came really loving close to sinking, heroic damage control is the only reason she didn't.

Anyways, it turns out the Captain (who got royally and unjustly hosed during the investigation I may add, and who by all accounts knew this was coming based on telling his officers to throw him under the bus if need be while the ship was still flooding) was a massive, hardcore, damage control nut. One of the things he would do is basically randomly grab crewmen in the halls, throw a bag over their heads, spin them in a circle, and shout at them to get to their damage control station. He wanted everyone to be able to find their spot in the dark, when disoriented.

More than once in the book I had you find some seaman saying "yeah that was annoying as piss and we thought he was insane but then the missiles knocked out power in the ship while I was asleep in my berth and I got flung 40 feet into a dark, smoky hallway and wouldn't you know it I was able to find my DC station, guess Captain was right, thank god we had him."

Seriously, though, that poo poo was nuts and worth digging into if you find that stuff interesting.

Thanks, this is a nice afternoon rabbit hole.

Anias fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 2, 2023

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I fully appreciate the details they added in the Crusader cockpit

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Cyrano4747 posted:

You remember the books? This is firmly in my dad's wheelhouse, and I'm kinda interested as well.

He had friends on the Samuel B, and I heard some amazing stories from that.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Floppychop posted:

Thats a Megas XLR reference to me, I don't know if it originated anywhere earlier than that?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

Looking at my list I'd say the really useful ones are:

MechAttributeViewer
PilotOverhaul
TTRulez_AIMod (there are a few sub-mods for this, read the mod page)
BetterSpawns
YAML

required to make stuff above work:
Mod Options
MW 5 Compatibility Pack

Some nice QOL stuff:
BetterSalvageShares
PurchaseSalvage
ReputationLossCap
MechDelivery

Then on top of that I've got a ton of HD packs, shaders, improvements to the visuals and weather effects, etc. Just sort by most popular in Nexus and you'll find most of those.

VonBiomes is also really good for improving map diversity.

I installed YAML and now there are 500 more options for everything and for some reason my Hero Spider doesn't have an engine anymore?

Also a bunch of those mods showed compabitlity warnings, but it seems to be working okay for the time being.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Floppychop posted:

Perfect

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

I installed YAML and now there are 500 more options for everything and for some reason my Hero Spider doesn't have an engine anymore?

Also a bunch of those mods showed compabitlity warnings, but it seems to be working okay for the time being.

YAML is meant to give you a default engine for a mech, but it feels like a bit of a crapshoot on if the engine is in the mech or in your inventory.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I found an engine in a store so that works. How do I combine equipment to upgrade it? I don't see any menu options for that.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Thats a Megas XLR reference to me, I don't know if it originated anywhere earlier than that?

There's a reason I gave it the paintjob I did

This Megas XLR gif is posted quite a bit in Battletech communities too, so a lot of people know it only from this.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 4, 2023

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

I found an engine in a store so that works. How do I combine equipment to upgrade it? I don't see any menu options for that.

Not sure what the question is, but you don't upgrade the engine directly. If you want to upgrade the engine in a mech you'd swap out whatever exists with a new one. For instance, swap an "Engine 200" for an "Engine 250" or something.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GD_American posted:

You remember the books? This is firmly in my dad's wheelhouse, and I'm kinda interested as well.

He had friends on the Samuel B, and I heard some amazing stories from that.

Sorry. It was a while ago and I don’t have access to those research notes. I’ll dig around and see if I can find it but don’t hold out hope.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

moroboshi posted:

Not sure what the question is, but you don't upgrade the engine directly. If you want to upgrade the engine in a mech you'd swap out whatever exists with a new one. For instance, swap an "Engine 200" for an "Engine 250" or something.

In the YAML settings it seems to suggest that you can combine multiple items of a lower tier to get one of a higher tier.

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

In the YAML settings it seems to suggest that you can combine multiple items of a lower tier to get one of a higher tier.

Yeah.. not engines though. Pretty sure it’s just guns for mechs. That’s on the right by your cold storage when you’re repairing/fitting mechs.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

You can. It's on the battemechs tab though

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Also watch out, upgrading too many weapons seems to cause a memory race condition that will cause MW5 to crash, and you'll have to do it over again after waiting 5 minutes for the game to restart. Save frequently while upgrading weapons to keep your upgrade progress. It usually happens to me after upgrading weapons 6-10 times.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Also it's only weapons, nothing else. And you need several of the weapons to do upgrades beyond the first tier.

You can upgrade the engine by adding engine upgrade components like "XL Engine" but that is a completely separate component (and probably not something you'll see at the beginning).

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
I keep forgetting that even though the game controls like World of Tanks, it doesn't have armour mechanics like World of Tanks. I got a mech with like eight machine guns on it and anything that walks within 100 meters of me simply melts.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Machine guns are amazing at destruction missions. Enemy base just melts, and even half ton of ammo goes a long way! Of course if you have a heavy then you can always go through the buildings and walls.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

If anyone ITT is like me and only has Mechwarrior 5 but not Battletech, then the mercenary collection is now 70% off on Fanatical: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/battletech-mercenary-collection. $30 or so (£21.69 for me).

The base game has the same discount on humble store, but not for the DLC.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Playing BTA and the battle armour drop beacon is really fun. For 10k a pop you can drop these little assholes on enemy mechs that are really good at taking them out of the game as they constantly flail around trying to get the swarming bastards off them. Also introduces lots more opportunities for mech pratfalls because they usually knock themselves over in the process.

I wouldn't risk one of my mechwarriors in one or clutter up the command bar but I am happy to throw 10k AI ones at enemies :v:

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
For Battletech is there a mod to change the number of salvage parts required by the mech's class? e.g. light mechs take 3 parts, heavies 5, etc...

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
There's mods to change the number of parts required, but it's overall, not by weight/class. (Roger Tech runs from 3-8, which is probably "masochist" difficulty.)

Also RT, I need to get hold of a Salamander BA. If you lower the armor some a lot, you can stuff 3x BA Flamers in each suit. (Total 15.) Let Jamie pilot, for the additional 1 point of heat per shot, and apparently an additional flat 15% heat to the total inflicted, and someone is getting insta-shutdown, or at least "walk a little ways and do nothing".

Where the BA that swarmed them attacks again the next turn. :supaburn:

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 6, 2023

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ygolonac posted:

There's mods to change the number of parts required, but it's overall, not by weight/class. (Roger Tech runs from 3-8, which is probably "masochist" difficulty.)

Also RT, I need to get hold of a Salamander BA. If you lower the armor some a lot, you can stuff 3x BA Flamers in each suit. (Total 15.) Let Jamie pilot, for the additional 1 point of heat per shot, and apparently an additional flat 15% heat to the total inflicted, and someone is getting insta-shutdown, or at least "walk a little ways and do nothing".

Where the BA that swarmed them attacks again the next turn. :supaburn:

over-all parts changes is a difficulty setting in vanilla.

edit: this is one of the cheevos

Professional Scavenger
Start a campaign with 'Mechs requiring 8 parts, then complete 10 'Mechs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have found the standard IS BA drops work very well just because they jump on a mech, shoot it in the CT, then the mech basically powerbombs itself to get them off, then they jump back on it immediately on their next turn, so it spends the rest of the match repeatedly headbutting the floor trying to deal with the BA lmao.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ColTim posted:

For Battletech is there a mod to change the number of salvage parts required by the mech's class? e.g. light mechs take 3 parts, heavies 5, etc...

As other people have said, no.

But one thing that CustomSalvage can do is change the number of salvage parts from destroyed mechs from the cored/legged/PK system, to one based on structure damage that's way more analog. You can sometimes get 2 pieces of salvage from a CT kill if the rest of the mech is pretty intact.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BTA dropped a new update today and holy poo poo the performance improvements have made this game buttery smooth now.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

IOwnCalculus posted:

BTA dropped a new update today and holy poo poo the performance improvements have made this game buttery smooth now.

oh gently caress yea. this has been my one complaint about BTA compared to say BEX. might be time to start up the yearly campaign

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just when I thought I was out they pulled me back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Cyrano4747 posted:

over-all parts changes is a difficulty setting in vanilla.

edit: this is one of the cheevos

Professional Scavenger
Start a campaign with 'Mechs requiring 8 parts, then complete 10 'Mechs

Huh. I only ever played vanilla campaign once (and no career) before I burned out before the first DLC dropped, so I have an honest reason for missing that. (Went direct into RogueTech once I got the urge again, and got thoroughly eaten because of all the changes. :getin: Second RT career worked much better...)

OwlFancier posted:

I have found the standard IS BA drops work very well just because they jump on a mech, shoot it in the CT, then the mech basically powerbombs itself to get them off, then they jump back on it immediately on their next turn, so it spends the rest of the match repeatedly headbutting the floor trying to deal with the BA lmao.

Nice thing about enemies taking a dive in Roger Tech to deal with BA is that there's always the chancwe to injure themselves, or even start bleeding out. Get 'em bleeding, swarmed and panicked, and you may be rewarded with a punchout. It's Free Mechs!* (Parts and components, anyway.)

Got lucky with a "go kill this damaged lance" mission the other night - enemy fielded a Kobold stealth hovertank with MMS20, and I murdered it before it got a second chance to shoot. Picked up the MMS20 and standard/Tandem ammo (one ton each), which means I can maybe slap MMS60 (20 and 40) onto the Mad Dog "Revenant", which has nice missileboat tags. Still need more ammo, though.

Attack & Defend mission last night got a bit sporty. I overdropped, as one does, and got set to whack everyone coming in... first turn, SURPRISE! three loving Nidhogg VTOLs at fairly close range. Only two whacked buildings, and didn't destroy them, before I turned the sky black with assorted rocket-propelled nastiness. Everything after that was a cakewalk, so I guess the AI was trying for an instawin there. (Fourth member of the lance was a Helepolis, but the missileboat variant and thus I wasn't eating artillery, thank god.)

Mission I'm a little wary of is just an assassination. Lower tonnage, though - 500 max.

Versus the Professional, so it's a guaranteed trap. :ohdear:

Still, might take a shot... got a few nice toys off that jackass, mostly on Base Defense jobs.