Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Jose posted:

so sunak predictably now planning to leave the european convention of human rights. Got to get as much hideous stuff in as possible

lol. the UK joining the illustrious ranks of Belarus, Russia and Kosovo. the echr is a pretty much a paper tiger but getting rid of one of the few laws explicitly guaranteeing constitutional rights can only lead to yet more authoritarian rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
centrist and horny dad grifter super tanskii having a bunch of photos where she's put mud on her face for a hitler moustache and next to someone with i love hitler on his tshirt at glastonbury is very funny

https://twitter.com/Gwared/status/1622305725090234373?s=20

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

And the argument seems to have been "you weren't meant to find them, that's doxxing, doxxing is a CRIME".

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Jose posted:

centrist and horny dad grifter super tanskii having a bunch of photos where she's put mud on her face for a hitler moustache and next to someone with i love hitler on his tshirt at glastonbury is very funny

https://twitter.com/Gwared/status/1622305725090234373?s=20

She's literally shaking at this intrusion on her privacy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Regarde Aduck posted:

Guardian Columnists are just those individuals everyone knows at least one of, that just talk utter poo poo. Like you'll be at a dinner party and yet again bob/bobette is just droning on about another dumb loving thing that popped into their head. Jesus Christ no one cares! It's those people but paid to do it.

Seems a good advert for never going out, just in case you accidentally walk into a dinner party

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Seems a good advert for never going out, just in case you accidentally walk into a dinner party

i've been to three and they were very bad and everyone agrees that they're bad but you gotta you know? Don't want to go full hermit. Not yet.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Do people still have Dinner Parties? I haven't been to one (or heard of anyone in my circle holding one) since the 1980s.
Or maybe they just hold them in secret and don't tell me.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Do people still have Dinner Parties? I haven't been to one (or heard of anyone in my circle holding one) since the 1980s.
Or maybe they just hold them in secret and don't tell me.

I think it's just called swinging now

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i think once people started being able to get drugs online they died off

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Dinner Parties implies bottle of wine, two or three course meals, someone slaving to make the food for everyone else there, and car keys jingling in a bowl afterwards.

Nowadays its bring your own beer, bring some food for everyone, play some table top game, and then the group sex.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

happyhippy posted:

Dinner Parties implies bottle of wine, two or three course meals, someone slaving to make the food for everyone else there, and car keys jingling in a bowl afterwards.

Nowadays its bring your own beer, bring some food for everyone, play some table top game, and then the group sex.

That's why they didn't invite me then. I don't drive so I had no car keys to share.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
did anyone who isn't posh ever do dinner parties in the first place

or like, petit bougs who pretended to be

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ah yes this is what the UK needs money spent on

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1622725536635035651?t=7MJFSTMemFwvbbvW-QztZw&s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
They also are doing a new 4 month britcoin consult, which is how you can tell they've really run out of ideas

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

They will also do more to get the mentally ill back to work, because work sets you free baby

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

instead of the nhs being the main employment in all these neglected towns, how about we change it to arms factories

the democrats do it and we know how much of a boner our elites have for the west wing

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lefties moaning about the lack of manufacturing and UK goods then carp at my proposal to give school leavers apprenticeships in the munitions factories. Double standards are sickening

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s a long story but the SA80 was trash specifically because Thatcher cut the civil service, privatized state industry and moved production to break up a union. Incredible.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s a long story but the SA80 was trash specifically because Thatcher cut the civil service, privatized state industry and moved production to break up a union. Incredible.

Somebody earned a lot of money and it increased GDP so who's to say if it was good or bad

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It is the 21st century, It's about time that Britain pivots to a modern economy built around building weapons for the Ukrainians.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1623015241314631680

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
It's just going to be depressing seeing someone that old still working at a hotel.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It wouldn't get made today because of the woke cancel culture.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

put that in the box for successful remakes next to spitting image

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
They gotta bring back only fools and horses now so they can remake the Funniest Moment on British Television

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Microplastics posted:

They gotta bring back only fools and horses now so they can remake the Funniest Moment on British Television

I loved the Stewart Lee bit on that.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Will he be "playing" the racist old man that never leaves the hotel?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Microplastics posted:

was astonished that seeing the stage play of Only fools and horses was the prize in the apprentice, the wife had no idea what it was

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Only fools and horses was good. The Christmas specials made 20 years later were not

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mrs ghosts parents did not like only fools and horses but adored, as in watched every episode and bought on dvd, the boycie spinoff The Green Green Grass

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It's just going to be depressing seeing someone that old still working at a hotel.

lol i just assumed he'd be getting some money for the name not actually star in it jfc

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he’s back working because the tories made it so you don’t pay income tax if you go back to work as a retiree

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Holding out for the extremely racist 'Allo 'Allo remake

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Remembering 1) the awful remake of yes minister with David Haig that the BBC wouldnt touch and had to go on UK gold and 2) the David Haig sitcom The Wright Way which came out the same year:

quote:

a middle aged divorcee who is the Chief Health and Safety officer for Baselricky Borough Council. He takes his job very seriously, and appears diligent, although slightly paranoid about the 'dangers' of everyday situations. His ex-wife Valerie left him, after they had been married for over twenty years, because she could not take his 'stick-to-the-rules' persona any longer. He lives with his daughter Susan and her girlfriend Victoria. He appears to have been deeply affected by the divorce, and Susan correctly deduces that his anxiety and anger over simple things is a mask to cover his depression caused by the end of his marriage. Also, although he clearly loves his only child Susan very much, he describes her coming out as a lesbian as a 'lifestyle bombshell' and he may secretly be slightly uncomfortable by his daughter's homosexuality.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Biplane posted:

Somebody earned a lot of money and it increased GDP so who's to say if it was good or bad

It certainly helped out the German company that came in and fixed it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I liked keeping up appearances growing up. Mrs Bucket answering the phone as Bouquet, that's a right laugh there.

I also remember liking last if the summer wine though it was boring most of the time. something called 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps was super boring.

Only fools sounded interesting in the adverts but I didn't understand and usually changed the channel.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Remembering 1) the awful remake of yes minister with David Haig that the BBC wouldnt touch and had to go on UK gold and 2) the David Haig sitcom The Wright Way which came out the same year:

Sounds like a spin-off of the brittas empire . gritty reboot of minder when ?

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

mawarannahr posted:

something called 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps was super boring.

gently caress you, Sheridan Smith can do no wrong

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

One foot in the grave was good but the ending of it was absolute hosed . Props to the writers for doing it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Its striking how grim english shows are. People love coronation street and that shits basically oz