Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Arist posted:

As Endorph said, it's not really a personal morality thing. It's really just (mostly) trans people saying please don't.

Its less this and more like people and reviews like self flaggelating and hemming and hawing about liking the game, like dude i don't give a poo poo about your own personal moral compass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

acksplode posted:

"There's no ethical consumption under capitalism," the quote meant to explain why you shouldn't blame people for buying gasoline or cheap clothing in order to live but instead the corporations which have created the conditions where you require gasoline and can only afford sweatshop produced garments, has become No Ethico Consumptio, a magic spell that wards away any responsibility you might feel for buying frivolous entertainment products. I love it

No the point is that there is no game you can buy where you aren't giving money to pieces of poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

mcmagic posted:

No the point is that there is no game you can buy where you aren't giving money to pieces of poo poo.

you used to be able to support china by buying genshin impact gacha pulls. unfortunately they now support fujoshis

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The IGN handwringing about it is useless but all I can think of reading that poo poo is the poor freelancer with no job security who got assigned that review for pennies

poo poo sucks, man

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Jo is trash, it sucks so many people's childhood nostalgia is ruined and they can't just enjoy Hogwarts Legacy or go to Universal Studios anymore.

Are y'all boycotting Comcast, too?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic posted:

im not sure the guy who made this five dollar roguelike i bought on itch.io is a mastermind of fascism op

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

mcmagic posted:

the stupidest take of them all

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arist posted:

The IGN handwringing about it is useless but all I can think of reading that poo poo is the poor freelancer with no job security who got assigned that review for pennies

poo poo sucks, man

Yeah, that reviewer had to write cuz bills gotta be paid. There’s also gonna be a ton of people writing up guides and other sorts of help articles cuz that’s what people are gonna be google searching. It is what it is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Corb3t posted:

Jo is trash, it sucks so many people's childhood nostalgia is ruined and they can't just enjoy Hogwarts Legacy or go to Universal Studios anymore.

im pretty sure nobody is using comcast out of love for the brand but rather because they need high speed internet and its their only option

i think high speed internet has more of an impact on your life and ability to participate in modern society than buying a ps5 game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
as a queer person i think that if you buy hogwarts legacy you should give me $500

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Corb3t posted:

You're a loving idiot

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Given the way cable companies in the United States conspire to create regional monopolies with only one half-decent option in any given area, if that, I dunno that they're comparable yeah

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

You expect me to simply just not buy a video game?!?! I hope all you high and mighty people are boycotting food and water also.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mcmagic sucks and is known to suck, ignore him

also lol:

https://twitter.com/TheGemAgenda/status/1622591615905792000?t=rgtGoVaJM6T1MmVh36ttJQ&s=19

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i admittedly find it extremely funny that mainstream games press will post all this wonderful stuff about how important representation is and then when an AAA game with high production values comes out they all go "this is pogger"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also i admittedly find it extremely funny that mainstream games press will post all this wonderful stuff about how important representation is and then when an AAA game with high production values comes out they all go "this is pogger"
when they talk about representation what they mean is they want to feel like a good person for playing ubisoft games

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Nobody feels like a good person playing Ubisoft games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

i dont really associate the purchase of it with personal morality its more just like. ign's review has a paragraph going 'well rowling said some transphobic stuff... thats bad... anyway 9/10.' like gently caress off. you dont care. if you cared at all youd actually take a stand lol

and the review text itself writes off issues on the basis of brand magic. It's really just bad attempts at being cute but it's embarrassing next to that sidebar

quote:

It’s understandable since there’s so much packed into this beast of an adventure, but the PS5’s promises of the death of loading screens haven’t quite been lived up to here as it’s clearly struggling to keep up with the spellcraft and whimsy of the Wizarding World.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

This is what i mean lol. This game looks like dog poo poo but because of nostalgia it’s gonna be a top seller. And people gonna gush about it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Corb3t posted:

Lol dumbass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Comcast has extremely poor customer service

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

why be an rear end in a top hat? lol

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Comcast has extremely poor customer service

I have a lot of nostalgia for Comcast so I choose to ignore that extremely online stuff

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The 7th Guest posted:

everyone should be talking about zeno clash 3 instead, coming march 9th

IronPineapple loved it for whatever that is worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzT6UKQSOo

He previews it in this video from a couple months back.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

why be an rear end in a top hat? lol

turn you are monitor on!!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

How many of you won't be going to Nintendo World when it opens because it's in the same park as Harry Potter World?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I never cared much for Harry Potter stuff but i’ll nod my head and tap my feet if I hear a Michael Jackson song playing.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Corb3t posted:

How many of you won't be going to Nintendo World when it opens because it's in the same park as Harry Potter World?

I don't have children, why would I be going there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Corb3t posted:

im not going there until they add a fire emblem ride

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Which theme park has a resident evil 4 remake land?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
how the gently caress is anyone whos capable of cognitive thought even remotely into this actual baby poo poo made for babies lmao lmao.

millennials, ya hosed it. rocket ship into the sun.

it now goes xennials > zoomers. noone was born between those. there is no esteemed dead buried here.

play some jrpgs, ishin is out within weeks.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Feels Villeneuve posted:

as a queer person i think that if you buy hogwarts legacy you should give me $500

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

"oh, and mayhaps you won't be watching Barney, either?" no, man, I won't be lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Will Resident Evil 4 Remake be good? The bar got set incredibly high now with Dead Space.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is out in March 2023
https://giant.gfycat.com/EverySelfishHogget.mp4

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I wouldn’t tell someone they’re bad for having seen or owned or loved a Woody Allen movie but I definitely gave a very deserved side eye to everyone seeing Wonder Wheel on opening weekend

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I'd side eye anybody playing Wonder Wall. Enough of that song already!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

Will Resident Evil 4 Remake be good? The bar got set incredibly high now with Dead Space.

It looks fantastic from what they’ve shown off so far. After RE2, RE3, RE7, and RE8 I can’t see there being any chance that it sucks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cowman posted:

I'd side eye anybody playing Wonder Wall. Enough of that song already!

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to Yu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Apraxin posted:

probably a dumb question, but now seems as good a time as any to ask: is there any significance to Wanted Dead not having a listed price/being available for pre-order on PSN when it's coming out in a week? was skimming my wishlisht and saw it's still listed as 'just announced!', and don't think i've ever seen that before. don't really pay much attention to pre-orders usually, so not sure if it's more common than i'm thinking or if there's something odd going on?

You wouldn't buy a PS2 game digitally...