Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

The Glam skin is perfect

It's...one of her least bad skins.

I have all of her OW1 skins and the only ones I ever use is Blackwatch and Scientist.
Her OW2 default is legit the best one she's got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just want to add to say that another update another hope for Landsknecht-themed skins dashed.

Ash is right there, you hacks!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Season 3 trailer is out, nothing that exciting, the new map they've already shown off and a bunch of overpriced skins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNX1wV9UfL4

Invisible Man Cassidy is genius though, I will admit.

Those are very boring skins. I think I will sit out this battle pass.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Give Moira a Goblin King skin you cowards

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That Amaterasu skin is just.. so much wasted potential. It looks like trash, and is poorly executed. They continue to be confused on the right design and aesthetic for the Japanese character that eats donuts, sounds like a valley girl, and looks like Tracer's twin sister.

Seems like the decision to not play this season is a good one. But I might need to get that one punch man Doom skin later on down the line.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

BabyRyoga posted:

They continue to be confused on the right design and aesthetic for the Japanese character that eats donuts, sounds like a valley girl, and looks like Tracer's twin sister.

Seems like the decision to not play this season is a good one. But I might need to get that one punch man Doom skin later on down the line.

Not to stick up for the multibillion dollar corporation but, like, what should Kiriko look and sound like then? It's not unrealistic that she could've picked up her accent from television or holos or whatever the gently caress they have in the future and they also have donuts in Japan. Face wise, all of the women aside from Mei and Moira have extremely similar features and I wish they'd do more with that.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And speaking of doing more with faces, is that bit on the upper left of the map legit?

Are we at that low a point to bust out the VNs?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

widespread posted:

Have you read the last 160 pages?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
S3 hero changes:

TANKS

Junker Queen health increased 425 --> 450

Orisa Primary fire falloff range 25m --> 15m

Ramattra Ultimate timer now slows while enemies are in range instead of pausing, lasts 20s max

Ramattra ultimate cost increased by 12%

Reinhardt charge cooldown 8s --> 7s

Reinhardt firestrike damage 90 --> 100

Reinhardt Earthshatter direct hit damage 250 --> 170

Reinhardt Earthshatter stun duration 2.5s --> 2.75s

Reinhardt Earthshatter cost increased by 12%

Reinhardt primary fire knockback reduced by 40%

Roadhog ultimate duration increased 6s --> 8s

Roadhog ultimate cost increased by 8%

Sigma ultimate cost increased by 7%

Winston bubble health 700 --> 650

Wrecking ball HP 600 health, 100 armor --> 450 health, 100 armor, 150 shields

Wrecking ball piledrive cooldown 10s --> 8s

Wrecking ball Minefield arming time 1.5s --> 1s

Wrecking ball Minefield cost increased by 9%

Zarya ultimate cost increased by 8%

DAMAGE

Cassidy primary fire falloff 20m --> 25m

Cassidy Combat Roll no longer blocked by enemy collision

Junkrat Concussive Mine damage 120 --> 100

Mei ultimate cost decreased by 5%

Pharah ultimate cost decreased by 5%

Reaper ultimate cost decreased by 8%

Soldier: 76 primary fire maximum shots to reach max recoil 4 --> 6

Soldier: 76 primary fire recoil reduced by 12%

Sombra primary fire damage 7 --> 7.5

Sombra health pack hack duration 30s --> 45s

Symmetra ultimate cost increased by 10%

Torbjörn turret HP 250 --> 225

Widowmaker HP 200 --> 175

SUPPORT

Ana biotic grenade effect duration 4s --> 3.5s

Brigitte repair pack healing over time 110 --> 100

Brigitte repair pack now instantly heals 25HP

Brigitte ultimate cost reduced by 10%

Lucio ultimate cost reduced by 7%

Mercy Guardian Angel cooldown 1.5s --> 2.5s

Mercy Guardian Angel backwards slingshot movement speed reduced by 20%

Mercy primary fire healing 55 hp/s --> 45 hp/s (Valkyrie healing still 60hp/s)

Mercy primary fire healing increased by 50% for targets under half HP

Mercy's old passive removed

New Mercy passive: Sympathetic Recovery - Mercy now heals self for 25% of healing done by her primary fire

Moira ultimate cost reduced by 5%

Zenyatta ammo 20 --> 25

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

widespread posted:

Everyone is horny for Junkrat.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Those Hammond and Brig changes is just developers dropping a large turd on both characters and laughing.

Those patch notes are taking the piss.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Oh they finally decided to add credits to the pass.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Seeing the slap mercy with that many nerfs brings a tear to my eye. That mobility was ridiculous and if she was healing someone you pretty much just had to leave unless you hit perfect headshots.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Vanderdeath posted:

Not to stick up for the multibillion dollar corporation but, like, what should Kiriko look and sound like then? It's not unrealistic that she could've picked up her accent from television or holos or whatever the gently caress they have in the future and they also have donuts in Japan. Face wise, all of the women aside from Mei and Moira have extremely similar features and I wish they'd do more with that.

Maybe she should sound more like her own mom from the cinematic. Or Mei, Hanzo, Genji etc. Maybe she should look a little different than a near clone of another char. Already been discussed a lot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Didn't they say that they were gonna make changes to make people want to play Support?
They need to be buffed, not nerfed.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How are you going to nerf a bunch of supports but NOT nerf Kiriko?

Oh wait...that's right, it's because you're trying to peddle that lovely skin.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Those patch notes are taking the piss.
[/quote]

Uh, those ball changes are INSANE, are you on Crack? The hardest to kill hero in the game now gets 150 auto regen health every time he disengages? Ok, great. That's how that works, right?

That's a huge buff by itself, let alone also buffing other things at the same time. Blizzard never learns; change O N E thing at a time, wait 2 weeks, if more needs changing, change more.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't want to push it too hard since I don't think anyone here is being weird about this at this point, but coming from a white/Japanese blended family who grew up in southern California, yeah, Kiriko is what my Japanese cousin and extended-family faux cousins all sound like so I kind of think that is nice. We got enough characters that sound like my aunts in video games.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Rick posted:

I don't want to push it too hard since I don't think anyone here is being weird about this at this point, but coming from a white/Japanese blended family who grew up in southern California, yeah, Kiriko is what my Japanese cousin and extended-family faux cousins all sound like so I kind of think that is nice. We got enough characters that sound like my aunts in video games.

Kiriko isn't a white/Japanese blended character who lives abroad, though. She is a character who has supposedly spent her whole life in Japan. It doesn't really make sense for her to sound like she was born and raised in Orange County California when every other character in the game linked to her doesn't. It's not a super big deal, it's just quite odd.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Symmetra absolutely needed a nerf because she's so insanely overpower but Sojourn is fine.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Those rein changes look fun. IDK if they matter but I wanna try them out now.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

That cooldown reduction on piledriver is no joke.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

BabyRyoga posted:

Uh, those ball changes are INSANE, are you on Crack? The hardest to kill hero in the game now gets 150 auto regen health every time he disengages? Ok, great. That's how that works, right?

That's a huge buff by itself, let alone also buffing other things at the same time. Blizzard never learns; change O N E thing at a time, wait 2 weeks, if more needs changing, change more.

My eyes about bulged out.

Please no, Blizzard. I can play most of the other characters. Don't force me to learn the ball or die.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

Mega Comrade posted:

Oh they finally decided to add credits to the pass.

OW2 credits or legacy credits?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

BabyRyoga posted:

Maybe she should sound more like her own mom from the cinematic. Or Mei, Hanzo, Genji etc. Maybe she should look a little different than a near clone of another char. Already been discussed a lot.

BabyRyoga posted:

Kiriko isn't a white/Japanese blended character who lives abroad, though. She is a character who has supposedly spent her whole life in Japan. It doesn't really make sense for her to sound like she was born and raised in Orange County California when every other character in the game linked to her doesn't. It's not a super big deal, it's just quite odd.
Kiriko is a Naruto character and she sounds like Naruto characters do in the english dub.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Aexo posted:

OW2 credits or legacy credits?

Legacy Credits

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

F.D. Signifier posted:

Kiriko is a Naruto character and she sounds like Naruto characters do in the english dub.

Believe it!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Not a *huge* fan of the Mercy reverse slingshot nerf but the cooldown change is manageable with the buff to healing below 50%

Good luck killing a pocketed Orisa! :getin:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GA was 1.5s since overwatch 1 release for a good reason

I don't play mercy but lol @ making a character much more unfun and less fluid to play

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I distinctly remember them writing that they were working on changes to make people want to play Support more.

I guess they forgot.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Those mercy changes are wiggy, I want to try them out.

Ball has shields lmao this gonna be seqson of the ball.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Rick posted:

it's just another aspect of her character that doesn't quite fit. she's supposed to be fully japanese because she's nebulously related to the shimadas and their plotline and for better or for worse those dudes uhhh do not sound like that. and they could have written around that in a million ways (even just a "uhhh studied overseas") but they just don't really care to get that nuanced, so you get kiriko sounding like literally no one else who appears in her reveal trailer or background story. she sounds like all my Japanese cousins too but my cousins weren't raised in Japan, which is why they don't have Japanese accents (and can't double jump).

hey speaking of race in ow have they ever acknowledged pharah as mixed-race after they hastily added in a first nations dad to justify that one skin

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I distinctly remember them writing that they were working on changes to make people want to play Support more.

That Ana revert/nerf definitely has got me hype for this season! Can't wait for my main to suck more!!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
oh boy more roadhog ult :effort:

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Jack Trades posted:

It's...one of her least bad skins.

I have all of her OW1 skins and the only ones I ever use is Blackwatch and Scientist.
Her OW2 default is legit the best one she's got.

Yeah I rarely use any of her skins besides Blackwatch, Scientist, Oasis, and Banshee.

And holy crap the boots on the new Mei skin are huge.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
As a casual and infrequent support player, ummm... stop hurting us, Blizzard. The amount of people I know that still play has dropped off a cliff already.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

verbal enema posted:

oh boy more roadhog ult :effort:

Isn't it just an adjustment to account for nerfing his gun's DPS (again), thereby bringing it back in line with where it was previously?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

lol I'm watching the dev interview with Seagull and they literally said "Ana is doing good, more people are playing her" as the reason that she's being nerfed. Can't have people enjoying themselves!

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Kiriko had less than 50% winrate at high levels, she doesn't need further nerfs. Mercy on the other hand is unhinged and super tedious to deal with and I'm a Support main. Honestly I agree with just about every change in Season 3 except maybe Shatter's direct damage nerf. Brig's changes sound really good and I think a lot of folks are sleeping on her right now. I agree with the Ana nade nerf; I think she's really strong at the moment. Now I just need them to remove the cast time on nano so it doesn't fizzle out when I use it on a target that was alive and their HP drops to 0 before the heal goes off :colbert:

I think the Wrecking Ball changes are maybe too good, the barrier HP thing is fine but buffing piledriver and mines is gonna SUCK. He's already a nightmare to deal with if they're any good.

novaSphere fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off
Yeah, the support changes look pretty decent. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes things up. I don't understand the Zenyatta buff at all though, I wonder what the motivation was behind that.