Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

how the gently caress is anyone whos capable of cognitive thought even remotely into this actual baby poo poo made for babies lmao lmao.

millennials, ya hosed it. rocket ship into the sun.

it now goes xennials > zoomers. noone was born between those. there is no esteemed dead buried here.

play some jrpgs, ishin is out within weeks.

This mf said xennials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I said come in! posted:

Will Resident Evil 4 Remake be good? The bar got set incredibly high now with Dead Space.

You can parry a chainsaw with a knife

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Can you parry a knife with a chainsaw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If anything RE2 set the bar for great remakes and Dead space was able to successfully clear it

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can’t play Hogwarts Legacy because it’s anti-trans… oh well, I’ll simply fill that time by watching some Nothing Forever

acksplode
May 17, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Chainsaw is a 2-hand roly poly weapon if I ever saw one

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I bought the deluxe edition of Hogwarts Legacy, can't wait to shoot some gobbos (goblins) with my wand tomorrow

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

If anything RE2 set the bar for great remakes and Dead space was able to successfully clear it

remake1 set the bar, actually. re2r needed more work to fit the coveted perfect remake title and thus failed to hit it but its looking like re4r is gonna hit that mark. (sounds like dead space got it tho)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowman posted:

I'd side eye anybody playing Wonder Wall. Enough of that song already!

I got banned from ever doing karaoke ever again in a local pub for singing that

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

acksplode posted:

Chainsaw is a 2-hand roly poly weapon if I ever saw one

I don't think rolling with a chainsaw is a great idea

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's fine if you have iframes

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Feels Villeneuve posted:

you used to be able to support china by buying genshin impact gacha pulls. unfortunately they now support fujoshis

Maybe we should all support fujoshis, OP.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cmon don’t get silly we’re talking serious video games here.

Do you punch the giant boulder in 4 or 5?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CottonWolf posted:

Maybe we should all support fujoshis, OP.

I've been saying this

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Comcast has extremely poor customer service

one of the few karen type things i do is when i finally get someone on the line, i explain how terrible their automated system is and how difficult it is to use and how it prompts you to speak and then talks over you and then says "whoops, I didn't quite catch that" so you have to do it again, and when they try to move on i explain that some corporate jerk determined that it can save them on labor if their customers have to deal with literally the worst automated system imaginable, so i have to do my part to correct the metrics by making calls take longer specifically because of the automated system

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nuts and Gum posted:

Cmon don’t get silly we’re talking serious video games here.

Do you punch the giant boulder in 4 or 5?

That’s 5.

Which I can’t wait for btw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Phenotype posted:

one of the few karen type things i do is when i finally get someone on the line, i explain how terrible their automated system is and how difficult it is to use and how it prompts you to speak and then talks over you and then says "whoops, I didn't quite catch that" so you have to do it again, and when they try to move on i explain that some corporate jerk determined that it can save them on labor if their customers have to deal with literally the worst automated system imaginable, so i have to do my part to correct the metrics by making calls take longer specifically because of the automated system

I feel so bad for the customer service rep that has to endure this.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope they can remake 5 into a good game

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Phenotype posted:

My bank’s automated system guy does fake typing, and oh dear god it makes me want to jump through the phone and rip out his motherboard. Fuckin’ robot guy. :argh:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
they are not remaking 5 lol

they werent even gonna do 4, they recently said in the game informer thing. if they do another one, maybe CVX but thats it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I picked up Dead Space and it's a ton of fun. I haven't played it since the original released which was good because I forgot pretty much everything about it. That made everything feel fresh and new.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phenotype posted:

The ones I've used fortunately connect you to a human if they fail to understand you enough times in a row

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

they are not remaking 5 lol

they werent even gonna do 4, they recently said in the game informer thing. if they do another one, maybe CVX but thats it.

Code Veronica totally deserves a remake. 5/6...maybe remaster compilation at most.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Picked up The Ascent on sale for $12, seems pretty good so far. Twin stick shooter with a dodge roll, crouch and high/low targeting so you can shoot tougher, larger creatures that are behind small ones. Looks gorgeous too.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

The ones I've used fortunately connect you to a human if they fail to understand you enough times in a row

Comcast's takes like five minutes of wrestling before it gives up and puts you through, and it's so poorly designed that it will literally say "Please say your number now," pause for just long enough for you to start speaking, and then start speaking again "OR, you can do blahblah" and then obviously tells you that it couldn't understand what you said (because it spoke over you). And this is business support, too! I have to call them at least a couple times a month for various reasons, and it's so much worse than any of the other systems I deal with that I have to at least share my pain with the customer service folks. I'm friendly enough, I tell them I know it's not their fault, I'll give them a good rating, but if they have to justify why the call took so long to please note down that the customer was irate from dealing with the automated system and had to be calmed down.

Anyway I like games.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Hector Delgado posted:

Picked up The Ascent on sale for $12, seems pretty good so far. Twin stick shooter with a dodge roll, crouch and high/low targeting so you can shoot tougher, larger creatures that are behind small ones. Looks gorgeous too.

Surprisingly cool game! I gave up after all the backtracking, wondering if they ever patched that…

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Can we please do another thread for harry Potter? Right after mods said not to do this there are 300 more posts.

Hitman continues to be fun, Im going to buy 3 soon so I get all the maps.

I can't figure out how to get in this drat DNA Virus lab, and I took out the two marks already :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

how the gently caress is anyone whos capable of cognitive thought even remotely into this actual baby poo poo made for babies lmao lmao.

millennials, ya hosed it. rocket ship into the sun.

it now goes xennials > zoomers. noone was born between those. there is no esteemed dead buried here.

play some jrpgs, ishin is out within weeks.

lmao preach!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hogwarts Legacy is a JRPG. it’s the Jewish Rebellion Potter Game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://hard-drive.net/hd/reviews/review-this-loaded-gun-pressed-against-my-temple-is-a-flawed-9-10/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Maybe I'll put off the terf wizard game till I'm through with Monster Hunter World, though?

I am surprised at how hard this game got its hooks into me. I took a several-day pause on the main campaign while I spent like 15 hours killing high rank monsters and farming up gear, and I finally beat Nergigante on Saturday and then spent most of Sunday killing more high rank monsters and farming up more gear. It's very addictive -- and not in an entirely healthy way, its geared to trigger my brain's reward centers in a way that makes me feel almost chemically compelled to want more, like World of Warcraft or cocaine.

I think I'm close to done with the main story, I have missions to kill 3 different elder dragons now and I don't think it can ramp up much higher than this, but I'm still so involved in the gear treadmill (gotta keep farming anjanath for the anjanath gem for the artillery charm! ooh sword and shield looks fun lets grind one up to try it out. oh i dont like this one lets grind up a different one. lemme play with the light bowgun a little, oh wow i only need a few more parts to make one that's rarity 6) that I don't know if I'll have time to beat them all before Friday, let alone start into Iceborne.

Yeah, it can be very addictive, for sure. I mean, the quality and value for money is incredible...but there's no denying that the series does not exactly value the player's time. If it weren't for Fatalis being such a loving insanely gratifying capstone to the whole journey I'd mark the game experience as somewhat predatory, but Capcom walked that knife's edge. They made a gorgeous, charming, and addictive game that builds to and culminates in a decisive end-point which requires and rewards all of your skills, knowledge, guts, and teamwork. And if you're insane you can also keep playing after that.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Fatalis really was the perfect way to end Iceborne, though I AM still bummed there wasn't an arch tempered Ruiner Nerg event. Regular AT Nerg was intense.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Nuts and Gum posted:

Surprisingly cool game! I gave up after all the backtracking, wondering if they ever patched that…

I lost interest after only a couple hours, felt like I was doing way more running from place to place than actual shooting.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, it can be very addictive, for sure. I mean, the quality and value for money is incredible...but there's no denying that the series does not exactly value the player's time. If it weren't for Fatalis being such a loving insanely gratifying capstone to the whole journey I'd mark the game experience as somewhat predatory, but Capcom walked that knife's edge.

It's weird, right? Part of it is just that everything takes so long, and that's just part of the game -- if I need a Diablos part and a Radobaan part for this weapon, then we're talking about two hunts that probably take at least 15 minutes each, even if everything goes right. But the amount of times you'd need to kill a monster just to make their armor seems a little excessive in general, and that's not even including the weird "rare" drops like gems or plates that can easily add several more hours of grinding if you get unlucky. I had to do the Zorah Magdaros event like 6 times before two gems finally dropped in the last one, and I've probably killed over a dozen Anjanaths and haven't seen one.

I'd expect that sort of thing in a game with a subscription or games-as-a-service monetization model, gotta keep people playing those bosses over and over again, but it doesn't make sense when Monster Hunter is just a $60 buy-once retail release.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

Fatalis really was the perfect way to end Iceborne, though I AM still bummed there wasn't an arch tempered Ruiner Nerg event. Regular AT Nerg was intense.

When the music fades in and you realize that its Proof of a Hero playing in the last %15 of the fight...oh man... it just gives you the extra strength to endure. What an emotional high. All time top 5 gaming moment for me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

AcidCat posted:

I lost interest after only a couple hours, felt like I was doing way more running from place to place than actual shooting.

I just remembered it wasn’t the backtracking that killed me it was the backtracking into extremely hard areas where I couldn’t get through alive that made me give up. The cyberpunk look was all very good though. It just wasn’t interesting enough for me to get gud

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

Hogwarts Legacy is a JRPG. it’s the Jewish Rebellion Potter Game

Lmao

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Phenotype posted:

It's weird, right? Part of it is just that everything takes so long, and that's just part of the game -- if I need a Diablos part and a Radobaan part for this weapon, then we're talking about two hunts that probably take at least 15 minutes each, even if everything goes right. But the amount of times you'd need to kill a monster just to make their armor seems a little excessive in general, and that's not even including the weird "rare" drops like gems or plates that can easily add several more hours of grinding if you get unlucky. I had to do the Zorah Magdaros event like 6 times before two gems finally dropped in the last one, and I've probably killed over a dozen Anjanaths and haven't seen one.

I'd expect that sort of thing in a game with a subscription or games-as-a-service monetization model, gotta keep people playing those bosses over and over again, but it doesn't make sense when Monster Hunter is just a $60 buy-once retail release.

It only really starts making sense when you realize that Japanese people just buy that one game and play it literally forever and the endless quality of it is something that reinforces their brand loyalty.