Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Buschmaki posted:

I say "leviosa" before I use my "wand", which is a rolled jazz cigarette full of potent marijuana whose intoxicating vapours I sjall inhale

It's "leviosah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

If you had to, would you rather play hogwarts world, or forspoken?

I'm just waiting for a sale to play Forspoken, demo was fun. All the Hogwarts footage looks like a lovely game on top of being an obviously bad idea so not sure why anyone is bothering

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I dunno people on twitch seem to be enjoying it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

Not every move Gihren made was a mistake

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

good for them i guess

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is why i dont bother with 3d twitch streamers

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is why i dont bother with 3d twitch streamers

(nervously glances into the sky looking for radahn)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello i am late but i am caught up on the thread now. i do not know what a fujoshi is, i thought people were talking about fundoshis, which would be funnier probably. i am not going to be buying the harry potter game because it looks boring. i think all bread is S tier. i think food-based pokemon are dumb.

thank you.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 6, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

if u browse by popular games you always see a bunch of people enjoying absolute garbage i couldn't be payed to play. enjoying something also doesn't mean it's good, i love tons of terrible trash. probably enjoy more bad things than good things on average or by volume. the part i don't know why people are bothering is because experiencing boarding school doesn't sound fun as a game, and setting what looks to be a wand-based third person shooter in a school is just makes it another shooter to pass on.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 6, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Khanstant posted:

if u browse by popular games you always see a bunch of people enjoying absolute garbage i couldn't be payed to play. enjoying something also doesn't mean it's good, i love tons of terrible trash. probably enjoy more bad things than good things on average or by volume.

Very valid point, I do too!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Yeah but the harry potter game is good.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Buschmaki posted:

Yeah but the harry potter game is good.

yeah it’s true

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if it's good that would be a surprise if I played it, but I won't, because all the videos of it look like a bad game so I have no reason to actually thin kit would suddenly become good if I held the controller.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

is the story any good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why are people so desperately craving validation over their purchase of it. Play it or don't. If you can't handle people making fun of you for it maybe talk about it in places that won't. or grow thicker skin and deal with it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kerrzhe posted:

is the story any good

It takes at least 10 hours before you can even put warts on your hog.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Kerrzhe posted:

is the story any good

not sure yet it’s like 50 hours long, ACG liked it but he’s not a big “story” guy.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hello I started playing fatal frame 2 today, are my taste points going to be a direct deposit or do I need to swipe my gamer card somewhere

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Kerrzhe posted:

is the story any good

Yep, the goblins get what's comin to 'em

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Relax Or DIE posted:

hello I started playing fatal frame 2 today, are my taste points going to be a direct deposit or do I need to swipe my gamer card somewhere

Original or Wii..............

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Kerrzhe posted:

is the story any good

It starts out fine and then about 4 in it gets really up its own rear end and it's clear there was very little planning or world building done from a creator that isn't as skilled as you have been lead to believe.

Oh wait you meant the game, idk

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'll hang on to it for you

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i can't get over how good minish cap looks on a decent screen

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Sakurazuka posted:

Original or Wii..............

original

Looper posted:

i'll hang on to it for you

thank you looper I can always count on you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I can't tell how close to "completing" Medieval Dynasty I was, and I hadn't looked up anything about it yet while playing to avoid spoiling or wiki-following. Still haven't spoiled but did check how to keep my villager happiness up and learned I have been inadvertently making the game harder for myself and my villagers. They're fine and work at 50%ish happiness, nothing else I can really do until I unlock the highest tier of house. However, getting married and having kids is the main way to get happiness above the working-50 and on top of that, apparently more than one person can be assigned to a house, but there's some weirdass hetero tenancy requirements built into the game. I've been building each villager their own house because won't let me fill the other slots with other people.

Well my issue was, everyone I had recruited for the village was a woman so far because I was trying to level my Diplomacy skill and the only way to do that besides selling stuff and completing chore sidequests, is to flirt, and the game only allows flirting with women, a small amount of diplomacy XP per day. Figured if my villagers were all women, and afaik no skill or labor difference between men and women, might as well get all women so have X chances for day/season to increase diplomacy XP.

So the women will cannot live together and refuse to marry or have children together, so next time I play I can go invite 12 dudes to the settlement and double the working population overnight without having to deforest a region to build another drat house, let alone another 12.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It starts out fine and then about 4 in it gets really up its own rear end and it's clear there was very little planning or world building done from a creator that isn't as skilled as you have been lead to believe.

Oh wait you meant the game, idk

hehehheh nice

yeah harry potter as a setting isn't compelling to me at all cause i'm no longer in 6th grade so i have 0 interest in the game

as a bonus, gently caress JKR

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

. the part i don't know why people are bothering is because experiencing boarding school doesn't sound fun as a game, and setting what looks to be a wand-based third person shooter in a school is just makes it another shooter to pass on.

I don't give a poo poo about what people think about Harry Potter, but this is a dumb opinion because it lumps Bully in with Hogwarts as games you shouldn't play and I'm not gonna stand for that slander.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mutata posted:

I don't give a poo poo about what people think about Harry Potter, but this is a dumb opinion because it lumps Bully in with Hogwarts as games you shouldn't play and I'm not gonna stand for that slander.

The newest pokemon also has boarding school stuff so I think it's about time that gamers admitted that school is cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i hated school and i still do

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

not sure yet it’s like 50 hours long, ACG liked it but he’s not a big “story” guy.

Just watched it and the game looks... good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRM3RKC6tT0

I was really unimpressed with the recent gameplay videos and I'm not particularly a Harry Potter fan (haven't read the books, thought the 2 or 3 films I saw were mediocre, but I did enjoy listening to Stephen Fry's audiobook of the series way back in the day) but ACG's footage as well as his description of how it plays has me seriously considering getting it. I'll wait to see what another few trusted sources think before I pull the trigger.

Is there a thread for the game here? I can't seem to find one.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cactus posted:

Is there a thread for the game here? I can't seem to find one.

not that i know of, although the general opinion on HP in this forum is probably going to be tepid at best for a number of reasons

it's usually not something i recommend but this might be a case where going to reddit will get you the most mileage, especially since it's bound to have a gigantic amount of activity over there

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Khanstant posted:

if u browse by popular games you always see a bunch of people enjoying absolute garbage i couldn't be payed to play. enjoying something also doesn't mean it's good, i love tons of terrible trash. probably enjoy more bad things than good things on average or by volume. the part i don't know why people are bothering is because experiencing boarding school doesn't sound fun as a game, and setting what looks to be a wand-based third person shooter in a school is just makes it another shooter to pass on.

There isn't a single game I couldn't be paid to play. I'd play Bad Rats for 40 hours a week for a decent wage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

There isn't a single game I couldn't be paid to play. I'd play Bad Rats for 40 hours a week for a decent wage.

Space Giraffe

Gave me a migraine

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kerrzhe posted:

hello i am late but i am caught up on the thread now. i do not know what a fujoshi is, i thought people were talking about fundoshis, which would be funnier probably. i am not going to be buying the harry potter game because it looks boring. i think all bread is S tier. i think food-based pokemon are dumb.

thank you.

You had me until the very end

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwDhUt5ewKk

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Srice posted:

The newest pokemon also has boarding school stuff so I think it's about time that gamers admitted that school is cool

it was fail in pokemon because you couldn't decorate your dorm

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Vermain posted:

not that i know of, although the general opinion on HP in this forum is probably going to be tepid at best for a number of reasons

it's usually not something i recommend but this might be a case where going to reddit will get you the most mileage, especially since it's bound to have a gigantic amount of activity over there

Ack, I loving hate Reddit, browsing threads there is cumbersome and their up/downvote system is garbage. But then again you might be correct that attempting to get a good-faith discussion of just the game itself based on its own merits might be difficult here, unfortunately. Would the people that have decided they want nothing to do with the game not be able to just ignore the existence of a thread, the same way I completely ignore, say, the Sports forum, or FYAD? I mean, it took hundreds of people to make the game and I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that the vast majority of them don't share the lovely views of the series' creator, is it fair to dismiss their efforts to create what seems like it might be a surprisingly decent product?

That said:

Kerrzhe posted:

as a bonus, gently caress JKR

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I spent about an hour popping various basic mods onto my OpenMW install, now to never actually play The Elder Scrolls The Third Morrowed Winds

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cactus posted:

Ack, I loving hate Reddit, browsing threads there is cumbersome and their up/downvote system is garbage. But then again you might be correct that attempting to get a good-faith discussion of just the game itself based on its own merits might be difficult here, unfortunately. Would the people that have decided they want nothing to do with the game not be able to just ignore the existence of a thread, the same way I completely ignore, say, the Sports forum, or FYAD? I mean, it took hundreds of people to make the game and I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that the vast majority of them don't share the lovely views of the series' creator, is it fair to dismiss their efforts to create what seems like it might be a surprisingly decent product?

That said:

sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I spent about an hour popping various basic mods onto my OpenMW install, now to never actually play The Elder Scrolls The Third Morrowed Winds

outlander