Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Frisk the Trussey

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'll occasionally watch shorts from someone who I already subscribed to for their longer form content, but otherwise nah, that UI is too poo poo to bother with.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

that’s illegal surely

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay I was curious and clicked through - it's a fisking (nerd TL: named after Robert Fisk, fisking is the act of reproducing a body of text broken up by your comments and critiques, rather than only replying at the bottom) of Liz Truss's bullshit article in the Torygraph, which it calls the Truss essay, and then shortens it to Trussay. It actually is a pretty good pisstake and tear-down of her.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tesseraction posted:

Okay I was curious and clicked through - it's a fisking (nerd TL: named after Robert Fisk, fisking is the act of reproducing a body of text broken up by your comments and critiques, rather than only replying at the bottom) of Liz Truss's bullshit article in the Torygraph, which it calls the Truss essay, and then shortens it to Trussay. It actually is a pretty good pisstake and tear-down of her.

I'm willing to bet a substantial amount of money the author sold it to their editor as "oh yes, this is what it means. Absolutely no innuendo here, no sir!" All while chuckling to themselves.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Tesseraction posted:

My first thought was fsck.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Biscuits:

Once a month i will buy one of the following; ginger snaps/fig rolls/chocolate hobnobs/shortbread.

In one sitting the entire packet shall be dunked into a big mug of strong unsweetened tea and consumed with happiness.

This is the way. :hai:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

yeah i read it it’s fine, weirdly they misspelled jeremy hunt to jeremy hunter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah i read it it’s fine, weirdly they misspelled jeremy hunt to jeremy hunter

that's just the defensive auto correct for oval office

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

It does have this too, which got a true belly laugh from me:

Mostly because, by chance, I ended up watching Airplane! on Friday evening, and the 'standing in front of an identical portrait of yourself' is a) one of my favourite visual gags and b) 100% something I can imagine Liz Truss doing by accident.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
After a BJ we Fisked the Trussay, and now they are Sunaking on my meaty Starmer.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
my god she's unfathomably stupid

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

quote:

"There was a concerted effort by international actors to challenge our Plan for Growth. The IMF commented on distributional aspects rather than market stability, which it is hard to conclude was anything but politically motivated."

when folks mention liz was blaming the leftwing economic establishment for the implosion of her economic policy, i didn't realize she specifically called out the imf. absolutely delusional, and entertaining enough that i hope she gets another bite at the apple

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
and all this at a time where sunak is clearly distracted by his own plans to return to power

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
My favourite bit of the Trussfisk was Truss bleating "I could never have imagined that Boris would quit! I had almost no time to set up a leadership bid!" followed by the note that her Liz For Leader domain had been created a full month earlier.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BalloonFish posted:

It does have this too, which got a true belly laugh from me:

Mostly because, by chance, I ended up watching Airplane! on Friday evening, and the 'standing in front of an identical portrait of yourself' is a) one of my favourite visual gags and b) 100% something I can imagine Liz Truss doing by accident.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Sunak’s having a quick shuffle tomorrow. Will he pull Raab off?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

she returned when we needed her most*

is truss jesus?

*least

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

Some kind of "Tri-lateral" comission, if you will.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

smellmycheese posted:

That would be the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy department then? I wonder how he'll split it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dept of Business, Energy
Dept of Industrial Strategy
Dept of and

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Department of hiding poo poo by claiming that info is the brief of the other department.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

My first thought was fsck.

You can tune a file system, but you can't tune a Trussay

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

History Comes Inside! posted:

My wife bought a box of broken biscuits the other week that were somehow 90% variations on chocolate coated whatevers, including multiple full sized chocolate biscuit bar things of some variety including a few with caramel in them.

Should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time.

My mom's first job was at a Broken Biscuit counter, and I wish they still existed. Someone please prove me wrong.

RE biscuits: I'm in a folk music choir, and one of the highlights is every week they bust out an assortment of 5+ packets of biscuits and a whopper urn of tea. At home, I love malted milks, rich teas, digestives, choco Leibnitz, and emergency Biscoffs. My favourite of all are bird's nests/jam sandwich biscuits. NOT Jammy Dodgers, they have to have the cream. I am also a big fan of Nice biscuits, as I like what the coconut does to the flavour of the tea.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Never thought about Choco Leibnitz with tea before. Hmmm

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Mourning Due posted:

I'm in a folk music choir

im sorry to hear this if theres anything i can do to help please dont hesitate to ask

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
THEY KNOW

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

nice

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This should really be the BoE target for inflation.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

forkboy84 posted:

Never thought about Choco Leibnitz with tea before. Hmmm

Choco Leibnitz is the elite tier biscuit but you don't half feel like a tory eating one

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Choco Leibnitz is the elite tier biscuit but you don't half feel like a tory eating one

I've almost only ever bought them when they were on sale so it is a wash

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

im sorry to hear this if theres anything i can do to help please dont hesitate to ask

It's actually great! A really good hearted bunch of people.

https://youtu.be/QydAe5L-UXA love tunes like this, and https://youtu.be/0Fl9KpvPitI

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

First place i ever saw them was in Lidl, was nearly a decade before Tesco had them & their own knock off.

You can't go wrong with Nice biscuits, if you can't stand coconut then that's a ''you'' problem. :colbert:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why is this guy farting on a stoat?

I assume that's just something that people did back then.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mourning Due posted:

My mom's first job was at a Broken Biscuit counter, and I wish they still existed. Someone please prove me wrong.

RE biscuits: I'm in a folk music choir, and one of the highlights is every week they bust out an assortment of 5+ packets of biscuits and a whopper urn of tea. At home, I love malted milks, rich teas, digestives, choco Leibnitz, and emergency Biscoffs. My favourite of all are bird's nests/jam sandwich biscuits. NOT Jammy Dodgers, they have to have the cream. I am also a big fan of Nice biscuits, as I like what the coconut does to the flavour of the tea.

Choco leibnitz (or the Home Bargains knock offs) are great esp the orange flavour ones. I like nibbling the chocolate from round the biscuit edges. I used to do that with orange Club biscuits too but the chocolate coating is too thin these days to get a good nibble.

Does anyone remember 'Flies Graveyard' biscuits? I think their official name was garibaldis. Biscuits with currants in.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_KZ4bBglM

There's a lot of good left wing songs that fall under folk music.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like the community version of that they did recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKeECZ7Cew

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Does anyone remember 'Flies Graveyard' biscuits? I think their official name was garibaldis. Biscuits with currants in.
I remember those. Poor memorial for helping create a unified Italian state IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_KZ4bBglM

There's a lot of good left wing songs that fall under folk music.

Waiting for a bus that turned up 30 minutes late today I was listening to Panopticon's Kentucky album. It's a black metal album about Eastern Kentucky where Austin Lunn grew up. Anyway, he throws in 2 really great bluegrass union numbers, Come All Ye Coal Miners and Which Side Are You On? And they sandwich his own composition about the coal mining industry, Black Soot and Red Blood, which is very much black metal. It works extremely well.