Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I made Seitan once by hand, just to get an appreciation for it. Really time consuming for a product I wasn't particularly fond of eating, but it's nice to get the experience. Now on I'm just getting the Gluten from Bobby Redmill though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Alright Monkey Island it is. Tomorrow. It's nearly midnight.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

mutata posted:

Yeah, that's pwnage. Totally fuckin' epic, bro. What's your favorite Harry Potter character?

Honestly just think it’s a good moment to remind people.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

stev posted:

This is my current 'stuff I actually want to play/started ages ago and need to finish' list. I'm burned out on Hitman and FF14 at the moment and I play Snap on my phone.

Play Cuphead!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

stev posted:

Will be looking forward to hear what you think!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

210 hours in elden ring still amazing

just got to the haligtree, and found mohgwyns palace, and told my good friend boc that he's beautiful :3

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

play monkey island

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

stev posted:

Return is so good

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

LionArcher posted:

silly and puritanical

yup it sucks and it's ruined just being able to talk about poo poo you like all over this forum, i feel like this is the legacy of the whole koala's march drama - it's a bummer that everything has to be black or white

anyways i have another complaint about the game, the tutorial is extremely long - not sure yet if it's ff13 long but at least five hours, on the other side of things they keep introducing new characters and opening up the world which is pretty great

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Danger posted:

Honestly just think it’s a good moment to remind people.

It's Lavender Brown, isn't it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Cactus posted:

Ack, I loving hate Reddit, browsing threads there is cumbersome and their up/downvote system is garbage. But then again you might be correct that attempting to get a good-faith discussion of just the game itself based on its own merits might be difficult here, unfortunately. Would the people that have decided they want nothing to do with the game not be able to just ignore the existence of a thread, the same way I completely ignore, say, the Sports forum, or FYAD? I mean, it took hundreds of people to make the game and I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that the vast majority of them don't share the lovely views of the series' creator, is it fair to dismiss their efforts to create what seems like it might be a surprisingly decent product?

That said:

didnt read all this but I'm also excited for hogwarts legacy

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Gaius Marius posted:

I made Seitan once by hand, just to get an appreciation for it. Really time consuming for a product I wasn't particularly fond of eating, but it's nice to get the experience. Now on I'm just getting the Gluten from Bobby Redmill though.

I was too stupid to make seitan and hosed it up somehow

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Play the incredibly mid looking terf game if you want just have the shame not to post about it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If there’s this much excitement for the game, someone should make a thread for it.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

wuggles posted:

Play the incredibly mid looking terf game if you want just have the shame not to post about it

I don't feel shame about gaming, I think it's time for you to abandon mythologies of Abrahamic guilt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mad Wack posted:

yup it sucks and it's ruined just being able to talk about poo poo you like all over this forum, i feel like this is the legacy of the whole koala's march drama - it's a bummer that everything has to be black or white

anyways i have another complaint about the game, the tutorial is extremely long - not sure yet if it's ff13 long but at least five hours, on the other side of things they keep introducing new characters and opening up the world which is pretty great
you should follow in lionarcher's footsteps

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress off idiot

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean, I said after today, so I'm still around. Ghost is a great game. I hope they're make a sequel.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hail seitan :grin:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"coming to game pass" is the worst section of their page, put that poo poo somewhere else. the number of times ive clicked to try and play wo long but couldn't, shouldnt be higher than zero

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mad Wack posted:

gently caress off idiot
No

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

After struggling to complete single player games last year I’m being a lot more intentional and focused on what I play. And it’s working out, I completed three games in January.

I have been doing this too and I've finished off 10 games so far this year! Even with being quite busy with life and work. Feels pretty good.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
please don't bother replying to the posters who have appeared and started posting here alongside the release of hogwarts game, though I'm sure it's a coincidence

mildly related but I've never really understood the reverence for Bully. not to say it's a bad game - I liked it at the time - but I'm just a bit surprised it stuck around as a cult classic.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think you should at least consider it, it's only polite.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Relax Or DIE posted:

please don't bother replying to the posters who have appeared and started posting here alongside the release of hogwarts game, though I'm sure it's a coincidence

mildly related but I've never really understood the reverence for Bully. not to say it's a bad game - I liked it at the time - but I'm just a bit surprised it stuck around as a cult classic.

I think it's because in it you can see the DNA for lifesims which were extremely novel at the time while still retaining the arcadiness and stylings of classic videogames

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Been practicing, but I do not think a double jump is possible

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

all you need to do is slam your feet into the air that it turns solid

it turns out air is non-Newtonian fluid when you punch it hard enough

(actually https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/125901/is-a-non-newtonian-gas-possible)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Buschmaki posted:

I think it's because in it you can see the DNA for lifesims which were extremely novel at the time while still retaining the arcadiness and stylings of classic videogames

I like how every character is named and you can encounter them anywhere, even in town. It genuinely feels like playing through an old 80s kids on bikes film.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr Hootington posted:

you just gotta jump again off the air. It's really easy. Please show us a video example of your attempts for critique

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No. I'm not ready for a public showing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bully is also kind of seen as the "forgotten" big Rockstar game. Never really got any sort of follow-up.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Bully is also kind of seen as the "forgotten" big Rockstar game. Never really got any sort of follow-up.

it still holds up too! i thought bully 2 was teased at some point...

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

bovis posted:

I have been doing this too and I've finished off 10 games so far this year! Even with being quite busy with life and work. Feels pretty good.

I was making pretty good pace (Pentiment and Grapple Dog in January) and then I started Persona 3 Portable and got back into Vampire Survivors and now I am making horrible pace.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Bully is the "Jade Empire" of Rockstar

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
skipped it because i didnt like gta3 beyond a few hours of loving around in the sandbox. watching an LP of Bully right now, and I don't think I'd enjoy this today, but I'd definitely play a Yakuza game set in a shady yakuza boarding school.

edit: was so hyped for jade empire but didnt get it for christmas and never bought it with my own money later. i mostly heard it was meh so never felt compelled to go back and give it a shot

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mad Wack posted:

it still holds up too! i thought bully 2 was teased at some point...

I think it was floated around but never happened for some reason or another

Buschmaki posted:

:hmmyes:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

stev posted:

This is my current 'stuff I actually want to play/started ages ago and need to finish' list. I'm burned out on Hitman and FF14 at the moment and I play Snap on my phone.

You should play the SA #2 GOTY, Pentiment.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Don't play Marvel Snap. It's a great game that has completely controlled my last 2 months and I've barely played anything else.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Marvel Snap sucks because it's not a game where you ride a little vehicle and take pictures of Marvel superheroes in their natural environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Buschmaki posted:

I remember about a year after Jade Empire launched, Bioware sent out some surveys that indicated that they were considering a sequel in the same universe but far into the future and turning it into a Cyberpunk style setting. I thought it sounded really intriguing, but it clearly never went anywhere.