Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

bovis posted:

I have been doing this too and I've finished off 10 games so far this year! Even with being quite busy with life and work. Feels pretty good.

Putting me to shame with that pace! Hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jokymi posted:

I remember about a year after Jade Empire launched, Bioware sent out some surveys that indicated that they were considering a sequel in the same universe but far into the future and turning it into a Cyberpunk style setting. I thought it sounded really intriguing, but it clearly never went anywhere.

MtG has a good setting like this, I'd play a Neon Kamigawa RPG

rox
Sep 7, 2016

bully owns

pulling the fire alarm every night before bed and then tossing marbles everywhere never gets old

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Mr Hootington posted:

Been practicing, but I do not think a double jump is possible

I think anabolic steroids help. Fernando Tatis managed it once

https://youtu.be/ar7PAETdpCs

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I tried to play old classics like bully or mgs3 but can't get past how clunky the controls feel compared to most modern games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm gonna get delicious in some dungeons

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm gonna get delicious in some dungeons

Morrowind ft mothereffin w

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

Marvel Snap sucks because it's not a game where you ride a little vehicle and take pictures of Marvel superheroes in their natural environment

:hai:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Wolverine roaring "WOLVERIIIINE!" as he majestically breaches the surface of a secret pond

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would play the new xcomlike from the Xcom boys&girls but I don’t want to look at marvel characters

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Terror from the deep 2 you cowards

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LionArcher posted:

hopefully highest selling game of the year, Zelda, tears of the kingdom.

Goddamn sicko, NEVER wish good things to happen to AAA studios.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Triple A means "Action, Adventure, And a rolickin' good time"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's gonna be a whole-rear end Bethesda RPG coming out this year and people never learn so that's gonna sell gangbusters

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Goddamn sicko, NEVER wish good things to happen to AAA studios.

Listen. Talk poo poo about JK as much as you want, but if you come for Link, you're going to miss. Nintendo and Zelda stay winning.

(and if they don't hurry up and port the old games i'm buying a steam deck and porting over ROMS those lazy winning bastards).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LionArcher posted:

Listen. Talk poo poo about JK as much as you want, but if you come for Link, you're going to miss. Nintendo and Zelda stay winning.

I don't know, I played Skyward Sword

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I would play the new xcomlike from the Xcom boys&girls but I don’t want to look at marvel characters

You could try the new xcomlike from the Ubisoft boys&girls instead but then you'd have to look at rabbids

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fallout 4 was the worst game I ever beat and I knew before I bought it that it would not be great and I'm definitely buying Starfield day 1 too. It's going to be so long and so mindless I'll finally catch up on like 4 years of podcasts I've missed.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

It's in my backlog. I think this year is already out in terms of my game card, but maybe next year I'll make it the year of the backlog and play all the Zelda's I own but have never beat. (Skyward Sword, OOT, MM, Link between Worlds, and Links Awakening Remake)

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Fallout 4 is an atrocious Fallout game but a pretty good kill bandits, scavenge loot and go back to decorate your base game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They should do another one of these commercials for Tears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpHzLYHkwA

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Skyward Sword was the moment I stopped giving a poo poo about critical review scores. Got like 98% or some poo poo and I want to know who the gently caress thought this was appropriate

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cactus posted:

I tried to play old classics like bully or mgs3 but can't get past how clunky the controls feel compared to most modern games

they're not clunky, they're just not homogenized and also you've grown impatient in your dotage

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Not having an Xbox is a bummer if you want tobplay starfield.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really want dem Kingdom Tears please inject it into my veins Nintendo thank you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Not having an Xbox is a bummer if you want tobplay starfield.

It's on the Personal Computer

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Youd think Id learn at some point I dont actually like 3D Zelda games but probably gonna get roasted again soon.

Waffleman_ posted:

Its also on mobile phones.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

zelda was ruined for me the moment they gave link a fuckin stamina bar

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder how fast BotW Link is with stamina compared to other Links. Not sure how anyone could exactly test it since the size and distance of things are arbitrary between them I assume, plus all the different ways of moving, rolling, hopping, doing a weird slide, etc

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd have to buy one of those too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If botw2 link’s stamina drains as fast as it did with sprinting as botw1’s did, then Nintendo has failed

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

mildly related but I've never really understood the reverence for Bully. not to say it's a bad game - I liked it at the time - but I'm just a bit surprised it stuck around as a cult classic.

i think it's just the difference in general

compared to other gta likes

thats how i feel

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

in skyward sword it cost stamina to run, and it ran out really quickly, but to "solve" this problem the devs put these little green stamina plants evenly spaced throughout the world instead of just not having the loving stamina bar in the first place

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Everyone's gotta go fast, even Link

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

haha what posted:

bully owns

pulling the fire alarm every night before bed and then tossing marbles everywhere never gets old

ehehehe

i never did that but that sounds fun

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Everyone's gotta go fast, even Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhRIneQFmHA

*casually slams into a sign killing everyone*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's not like link could run before skyward sword, and the horses had stamina anyway

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Hi-Fi Rush is so good I've spent 30 bucks on way worse things it's fun to get surprised like this .

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021

LionArcher posted:

quit these forums about 6 months ago, and came back last week briefly while I had my first head cold in three years. (I thought it was covid finally getting me to start, but after a number of tests ever 48 hours for a week and other people who got sick at the same hang out all testing negative multiple times it was in fact just a head cold). It's been great to catch up on gaming questions, and chat about keyboards and great tv like the last of us.

But the Harry potter conversation reminds me why I quit, and why I'll probably be leaving again.

First, JK is a jerk. Nobody here is arguing against that. But when I see posts about how buying the game makes you a lovely person, that turns into moral high horse bullshit that's ridiculous and coming from always online people. (I'm not calling out any one poster, I'm more seeing this on twitter but wanted to vent for a second). Do you fly for vacation ever? Did you plan on children and have more than one? Do you own multiple cars (or other motor vehicles) not just for a job requirement, but for pleasurable activities? These are all easy to argue to be far worse ethical behavior then buying a freaking video game. I won't because that's silly, but if we're in ethics mode philosophy, it's easy to argue.

It's the same kind of silly thought process where we talk constantly about defunding the police, without taking into account how that messaging is silly and dumb, versus what we actually want (then not getting away with killing innocent people, corruption, bloated budgets, that sort of thing.

Lastly, I want to just say, my biggest annoyance about the JK stuff is people can't just talk about how she's problematic, they have to tear down her work as well. Yes, there are racist tropes. But her impact on getting multiple generations to read can not be understated, and as much as there is "better" writing out there, she really did bottle lighting, and as fellow writer, that should be appreciated. You can just not like her poo poo, but pretending it's all bad is... silly and puritanical.

I haven't pre ordered the game, and probably won't buy it new. (If nothing else, IGN showed it clearly needs an update or two). I'm in the middle of ghost of Tsushima directors cut, and loving it. I've got a huge backlog, and the next new game I'm probably buying is either advance wars on the switch or the best and hopefully highest selling game of the year, Zelda, tears of the kingdom.

Please quit because JK is an active fascist and anti-semite who actively helped swing an election in favour of people who were photographed bowing in front of a statue of a nazi, who collaborates with a government that openly talks about their support of the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands of disabled people, concentration camps for refugees and the killing of 'undesirables' and has decided to trigger a constitutional crisis explicitly to hurt and kill as many trans people as possible. I became afraid to walk the streets because at least once a week I'd be assaulted, screamed at or threatened until I fled the country. Why be a transphobe, bigot, anti-semite defender when you could just be quiet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Expectro Patronum!