Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pixaal posted:

I can fit 3 clears into a run, it only counts the highest cleared difficulty it's purely a catch up mechanic for sudden bursts of progress if that isn't obvious to someone. Might be able to squeak a 4th in with some engine speed you have as long as you need to clear it as long as you enter the warp before the timer reaches zero. There's no pausing it.

Unless things have changed, I don't believe Engine Speed impacts how fast you move through a Warp Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Also unless I'm misunderstanding it, you only get warp energy based on your best run for the warp. If you clear it you're getting 100% of the possible energy out of that core. The multiple cores is for when you can't fully clear the next difficulty and don't want to wait on fully clearing the current difficulty X more times.

But yeah if you're full clearing a warp just close the warp when you're done because clearing the same run with the same core doesn't get you any extra progression.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think you are misunderstanding it: the new update allows you to attempt the next highest difficulty when you attempt your current highest difficulty on the same warp core.

So, where formerly I would only be able to attempt say, difficulty 25 on a single core, with the new system I can beat 25 and attempt 25.5, and maybe even beat that and attempt 26 on a single core now.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 6, 2023

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

But yeah if you're full clearing a warp just close the warp when you're done because clearing the same run with the same core doesn't get you any extra progression.

As of last night you can now go up a warp level after clearing it and get the new total so from 4.02 to 4.2 or whatever. I can only get that 4.2 from the new level I don't get 8.22 for clearing 2 but it does mean I never have to settle for just 4.02

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
BTW if warp point growth feels really slow, just know that your income increases rapidly. I've had warp unlocked for a couple weeks now IIRC and I'm getting ~100 points per warp.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

pixaal posted:

I can fit 3 clears into a run, it only counts the highest cleared difficulty it's purely a catch up mechanic
my multiplier is growing 3x faster than it was before!!! i wouldn't call that a "catch up mechanic" lol.

maybe i somehow unlocked warp much later than i was meant to or something

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

crime weed posted:

my multiplier is growing 3x faster than it was before!!! i wouldn't call that a "catch up mechanic" lol.

maybe i somehow unlocked warp much later than i was meant to or something
What I mean is catch up to the max level warp you can do. I haven't found a warp I can't do yet but I still feel like I'm playing catchup with the mechanic. Given that there's multiple basically identical paths and at least one more path to unlock so far I get the feeling you are intended to sit near the max you can do most of the time.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

explosivo posted:

Are there any other active codes?

'registerbonusyo' is the only other one for 100 AI

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
So I got base 1 in USI but it is insanely slow to develop, this is my first real speedbump is there something I'm missing beyond upgrade the squares when I get the chance? I don't see any mods/research that helps it.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, you got it. For what it's worth it does scale better than you think: each upgrade multiplies your existing production by like 25%-30%. Do also keep in mind that boosters stack multiplicatively, so you ideally want as many squares surrounded by 4 boosters as possible. You will also unlock upgrades via Synth and Warp after a bit.

Oh, and there is also eventually an upgrade via research, it just costs 2.78e9. You'll get there eventually!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

So I got base 1 in USI but it is insanely slow to develop, this is my first real speedbump is there something I'm missing beyond upgrade the squares when I get the chance? I don't see any mods/research that helps it.

No, you've got it. The first base takes time before it's remotely useful - but once you've got a couple of components, it gets useful in a hurry. There are things that'll get unlocked down the road that will speed base production up, but when you just get them, they're slow to develop. Sucks, but c'est la guerre.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
just unlocked the bomb launcher and...

is it bad? its DPS seems equivalent to the cannon's (with the disadvantage of bigger individual damage packages). its upgrades aren't even good --- the cannon appears to have slightly better damage vs armour.

the only saving grace is kenetic volley's initial volley --- maybe once i unlock the kinetic volley automater it'll get viable?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's...definitely a weird one to be sure. With the Mega Bombs upgrade it does have about 20% higher DPS than the Kinetic Cannon, but given the Cannon's extra bonus against armor that's only valuable against neutral targets. I think it's best to think of it as burst damage; because it has like 10x the raw damage of the cannon, has a longer range, and frontloads all its damage, it can reasonably wipe out a bunch of enemies and spend its downtime waiting for the next wave to arrive.

Obviously, works better against like, small waves with big enemies, but conveniently the very first sector after you unlock it is a perfect use case.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

it's also been absolutely the most useful weapon I've found for the ~30 range; when you're in the "several large sniper enemies firing large burst-damage shots" its ability to keep your incoming damage down to a manageable level is huge.

I'm running 1 beam, 1 charge laser, 1 kinetic cannon, and one bomb launcher and I'm seriously considering swapping out the charge laser for more bombs - but I haven't actually tried it yet

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Incidentally, I can confirm you can get 4 runs in a single core. I've been doing it with the Bomb Launcher, if you set it up with max projectile speed, and launch a volley at the last wave of enemies as soon as possible, you get about 3 seconds to open the 4th warp. Not sure that's gonna be possible with anything but the bomb launcher, honestly.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rynoto posted:

'registerbonusyo' is the only other one for 100 AI

Says I already claimed it, I think making a cloud account also rewards this. This is likely for people that had accounts before the bonus was added. I guess you can use it to get that bonus AI without making a cloud account if you don't want one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arzaac posted:

Obviously, works better against like, small waves with big enemies, but conveniently the very first sector after you unlock it is a perfect use case.
It also has a way further targeting range than anything else I've got, so its drawback of being slow is mitigated somewhat by targeting very early (works better on slow-moving enemies, obviously) and while it doesn't feel as much like "holy poo poo this is 100% an upgrade" like the kinetic cannon did over the beams I think it's going to work out quite nicely indeed.

...seriously though why is everyone still using beams at 30+, am I missing something, I just jam four kinetic cannons and go brrrr
(well now I'm going four bomb launchers just to try them out cause I just got them but you get what I'm saying)

edit: oh yeah I had another question, when's good to clear 22B to unlock that warp? Are you supposed to like, grind in the 30s and then engine-boost your way backwards?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 7, 2023

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

The point of the Bomb Launcher is to deal with Snipers that would normally stop outside the range of your Kinetic Cannons and wipe you out.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

22B had the same stats as like, 28 or something. If you've got the bomb launcher, just put your ship in reverse, wait 5 minutes, then slam through 22B. Nice and easy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arzaac posted:

22B had the same stats as like, 28 or something. If you've got the bomb launcher, just put your ship in reverse, wait 5 minutes, then slam through 22B. Nice and easy.
Perfect, thanks.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Evolve chat: I could use some advice on what to do next. I did my first 0* Ascension recently in Heavy and made a decent custom race (Plant Genus, Chameleon, Kindling Kindred, Musical, Compact, Slaver, Smart, and a bunch of negative traits to compensate). I got nearly 7k plasmids and was going to wait until I had enough to get Transcendence (7500), hadn't spent any yet towards the path because the 3 required Mutation upgrades don't really do much, and wanted to leave myself the option of getting other upgrades instead.

Got:
428 Phage (with storage upgrade)
1901 Anti-Plasmid (with storage upgrade)
3.356 Dark Energy
1.2 Harmony Crystal
88.75% General Mastery, 42.9% Heavy-specific and 96.15% currently active (60%/60%).

Among my options are:
1. 4* Bioseeds to get Heavyweight Champ and upgrade Verrazano
2. 0-4* Black Hole (currently only 0* completed) out of Heavy into Standard, then 4* Black Hole out of Standard (into Evil maybe, to get the angel races and Eden planet), so that my planet selection + geology options aren't terrible, in order to find a good Ascension spam target.
3. My current planet is a Forest planet with Oil and Iridium bonus with one Ascension. Could use the custom race to do a "pillar run", not sure what this is yet but I assume it requires either the ascension route or the hell route.
4. 0-4* Demonic Infusion run from my current planet
5. Currently I have completed Steelen, Joyless, and Genetic Dead End. I could try to tackle one of the other challenge modes.
6. 0-4* Ascension run again.
7. ???

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Arzaac posted:

Incidentally, I can confirm you can get 4 runs in a single core. I've been doing it with the Bomb Launcher, if you set it up with max projectile speed, and launch a volley at the last wave of enemies as soon as possible, you get about 3 seconds to open the 4th warp. Not sure that's gonna be possible with anything but the bomb launcher, honestly.

What is the benefit of doing multiple runs per core? You only get the best run score.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Salvor_Hardin posted:

What is the benefit of doing multiple runs per core? You only get the best run score.

crime weed posted:

one of the updates to wrap allows you to run multiple warp difficulties with the same wrap core. it whips rear end. i love warp now!

pixaal posted:

I can fit 3 clears into a run, it only counts the highest cleared difficulty it's purely a catch up mechanic for sudden bursts of progress if that isn't obvious to someone. Might be able to squeak a 4th in with some engine speed you have as long as you need to clear it as long as you enter the warp before the timer reaches zero. There's no pausing it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

dipwood posted:

Evolve chat

It seems you're 4* hunting so I'd start with 1 and grind up more phage (for storage) along with the feats and more mastery then doing 2 and running through all the universes picking up their unique achivements for more quick mastery and dark energy.

Pillars are Ascension+ although in a typical 4* Ascension by the time you're ready to hit the button your pillar should be close to done, anyways. You unlock them on the way to The Spire (Hell). Sidenote that pillars can be done at 0* if you want to blitz them and they give their full bonus.

Demonic Infusions aren't really needed so early and should always be done 4*. I'd suggest doing them after you've exhausted easier achievements but if you can do a 4* Ascension you can do 4* DI. Pillars make getting into the spire faster.

After 1 and 2 are done coming back to heavy and working on challenges and acquiring as many feats at 4* as possible will set you up for 4* ascensions and the offshoot challenges like True Path.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I just unlocked Delta because I hadn't cleared 22B before and now I get to advance it by 1.5 max per core instead of 0.5!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just unlocked Delta because I hadn't cleared 22B before and now I get to advance it by 1.5 max per core instead of 0.5!

Ah ok. I'm sitting in 24A and doing Wave 25 cores which is appropriate so not necessary to repeat.

Sorry, I understood that, I just figured most people would have reached steady state by now. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a benefit by jamming the same rank core 3 times for no reason.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i have nearly pumped enough elerium and infernite into the black hole to do my first black hole reset

possibly i should have done more than 2 bioseeding resets and 7 MAD runs before this bc it has been quite slow getting enough exotic matter throughput

i feel like i should be more tactical about my choice of species going forward since ive just been picking cool poo poo instead of picking poo poo based on what traits are good to inherit. troll -> wendigo -> balor led to some insane combat monsters, but now im imps and the bonuses from just wendigo and balor are less desirable

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ah, fair enough.

I'm currently sitting at 30 and not all of my warps are up to difficulty 30, and I guess that's probably just because I'm advancing at a fast enough rate. If you figure that formerly you'd get a core every 6 hours, and there are 4 warps that advance at .5 difficulty each, your cores are gonna be behind if you're advancing faster than 1 sector every 48 hours.

Though, with the new update that's all out the window, and I'll probably see everything up to difficulty 30 pretty shortly.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i feel like i should be more tactical about my choice of species going forward since ive just been picking cool poo poo instead of picking poo poo based on what traits are good to inherit. troll -> wendigo -> balor led to some insane combat monsters, but now im imps and the bonuses from just wendigo and balor are less desirable

For anything longer than a bioseed you absolutely want to spend the time to do two quick 0* MADs as a species setup. Ent - Human - whatever is very good generic pre-ascension then post ascension you'll generally want Ent - Custom with Slaver - whatever. There's other combos for offbeat challenges but those setups will get you the best bonuses for general BH+

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Rynoto posted:

For anything longer than a bioseed you absolutely want to spend the time to do two quick 0* MADs as a species setup. Ent - Human - whatever is very good generic pre-ascension then post ascension you'll generally want Ent - Custom with Slaver - whatever. There's other combos for offbeat challenges but those setups will get you the best bonuses for general BH+

that's a good idea, ive been locked into the older mindset of like every reset needing to progress further than the last

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i have nearly pumped enough elerium and infernite into the black hole to do my first black hole reset

possibly i should have done more than 2 bioseeding resets and 7 MAD runs before this bc it has been quite slow getting enough exotic matter throughput

That's about as many MADs/Bioseeds I did before my first BH reset as well. I think it's worth it to get out of Standard. I don't know what your plan is, but I went to Antimatter for a while, since the Weak Mastery challenge gene had a negligible effect on my runs since my Mastery was still very low.

quote:

After 1 and 2 are done coming back to heavy and working on challenges and acquiring as many feats at 4* as possible will set you up for 4* ascensions and the offshoot challenges like True Path.

This sounds good. It sets me up to have good planets for the rest of the game, especially if I'm universe hopping after doing these two steps before settling back in Heavy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arzaac posted:

Though, with the new update that's all out the window, and I'll probably see everything up to difficulty 30 pretty shortly.
you tricked me into refreshing but it's still V 0.20.8 :argh:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I have returned to Your Chronicle, and honestly is the best incremental game story based. I had a lot to do that I neglected before.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How are people feeling about the enhanced reactor module is USI?

I've been using just the computer and synth modules, I tried retrofitting to the reactor after letting the computer power run for awhile, but I'm not sure how much power it actually added, and running compute the entire time will eventually result in 2 or 3 times as much compute power compared to running it for 5-6 hours.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I think the Reactor Module is good for infrequent uses to boost your Conversion/Power/Time upgrades and unlock higher levels of Boost Engine, but not something you want to run long term. Still, would probably want to run Research/Synth over Computer most of the time.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Well, I don't have research yet but yeahj.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
haven't used it yet, but i plan my stages of a new prestige to be:

*synth climb (to decent compute & scrap bonuses)
*compute & scrap climb (to the current compute "cap")
*swap to reactor/synth & power+synth grind

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

OH I'm realizing I used the word module but to be clear I don't mean synth modules, but the utility core in the ship (which should be called a module because wtf is a core).

Right now at sector 29 I have computer, synth, and reactor (pick 2).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The sections names leave a lot to be desired with generic names and not much to make you think of the other. Warps work that UI has spirals and just works.

Core should be like Ship Hardpoints or something. Or maybe call it by department and that's Drydock and modules could be engineering or something. That ships sailed though except maybe the rename to hardpoint. I think the only real path forward is figuring out some visuals that go with "core" and "module" to differentiate them somehow, that's going to be fun. Unless the name module is used repeatedly and when more are added these end up being called Synth Mods or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I remember being less than impressed with the reactor support module at first, but once you put some time into it it starts paying off big. Used in conjunction with the VP max/VP gain modules in Synth, you start getting a lot more bang out of the reactor, especially if you rank up the reactor sections and focus in on one activity like research or whatever.

It's not a universal Make Everything Better button, alas, but if you use it in a more focused fashion you can start seeing some really nice results.