Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grand Fromage posted:

Dan is the only person on Earth who actually cares about Alex at all.

Christ, that might be the saddest thing I've read in a while.

Alex is a monster that I think Dan loathes probably more than anyone that hasn't been directly affected by him, but outside of maybe his family is probably the only person that has any respect for him as a fellow human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Grand Fromage posted:

Dan is the only person on Earth who actually cares about Alex at all.

drat.

Probably right though.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

When Alex talked about his plan to put out even more content and building a home studio and a space for roundtable discussions I couldn't shake this feeling that this could be a sign that he's realizing he won't be able to keep the InfoWars studio space and needs to downsize.

Haven't listened to the episode yet, but my not a lawyer knowledge is that your primary residence is basically untouchable in Texas, so it could also be a move to shield the future of his show.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Shinji2015 posted:

Christ, that might be the saddest thing I've read in a while.

Alex is a monster that I think Dan loathes probably more than anyone that hasn't been directly affected by him, but outside of maybe his family is probably the only person that has any respect for him as a fellow human

Yeah. Alex is a piece of poo poo, I'm in no way sympathetic to him, but I do have a sort of empathy. He's clearly mentally ill and completely hosed in the head, alcoholic, possibly exacerbated by abusing his weird speed dick pills. If he'd gotten treatment and/or wasn't raised by an insane Bircher dad maybe none of this would have happened and we'd all be better off, Alex included.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Xiahou Dun posted:

I think the answer is “a lot of laws”. Dan might have some access cause he was a no poo poo expert witness, but Jordan and we ain’t.

Like maybe it is open season and anyone can get it. I don’t know how the privacy rights work all I know is that they’re gonna be complicated.

I’m choosing to believe that Dan lurks the thread and the first 20 minutes of the episode were to really drive home how incredibly wrong I was.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Goddamn it Andrew Torrez is apparently a creep. I think somebody in this thread even might have said something about that but it seems to have hit the tipping point today.

This post links to an article with the details and also features Andrew's response, an initial response from Thomas (more to come. Probably in the episode), and a collection of the various people cutting ties and what they have to say. Sounds pretty murky but definitely nothing about his behavior is good or cool or something I want to support.

Tldr: overly flirty/pushy/weird with women fans.
Opening Arguments is doing episodes without him for now. Dropped from his other show Cleanup on Aisle 45. Dropped from his business with puzzle in a thunderstorm guys.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, and apparently one of the PiaT guys knew about it (but says that he was asked by the victim to not say anything), so the fallout from that might hit a few other podcasts.

I don't think Dan and Jordan were anything more than acquaintances with Andrew and Thomas, but Tom and Cecil of CogDis might get hit hard by this. They have a comedy podcast they do with the PiaT guys (Citation Needed), and Tom does a fatherhood podcast with Eli of PiaT and Thomas (Dear Old Dads), not to mention all the charity events they've done with them... who knows what'll happen going forward

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Well gently caress.

Don’t suppose there are other good current event-legal podcasts? That was a very convenient thing to have.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xiahou Dun posted:

Well gently caress.

Don’t suppose there are other good current event-legal podcasts? That was a very convenient thing to have.

Not a podcast but Legal Eagle on YouTube is pretty good. No idea if he's a creep or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI5orKCzz58

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Not a podcast but Legal Eagle on YouTube is pretty good. No idea if he's a creep or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI5orKCzz58

I'm familiar but thanks anyway. He's okay, I'll check him out when I have like 20 minutes to burn while I eat lunch or whatever.

But half of it's a format thing. I like long deep-dives into topics by knowledgeable people, via podcast. Basically I just want bunch of clones of Dan covering different topics that I can listen to while I stack firewood or whatever.

It's me, the guy with a very first world problem.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm familiar but thanks anyway. He's okay, I'll check him out when I have like 20 minutes to burn while I eat lunch or whatever.

But half of it's a format thing. I like long deep-dives into topics by knowledgeable people, via podcast. Basically I just want bunch of clones of Dan covering different topics that I can listen to while I stack firewood or whatever.

It's me, the guy with a very first world problem.

It’s not exactly current but the legal podcasts put out by the former members of Mic Dicta ALAB Series and Hostile Witness are good legal pods

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I subbed to the ALAB podcast when they put out The Alex Jones Miniseries 1 in October and there hasn't been an episode since.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
For what's it worth, Thomas posted a short,12 minute response with images of text messages on his other podcast, Serious Inquiries Only (CONTENT WARNING): https://seriouspod.com/andrew/

I haven't listened to it yet, but his post is pretty rough:

Thomas Smith posted:

This is as far as I got and then my brain just stopped. I can’t think. I can’t do anything right now. I’m so sorry. I’m so loving sorry. There’s more I need to say and more answers you deserve. I promise the picture what I did when other victims came to me is misleading. I mean, I did not do enough and I’m so loving sorry. But it’s not how it’s being made out right now. I need to clarify that at some point. but it took me 45 minutes to figure out how to post this audio, something I do every single day. I need time. I’m really nervous about what Andrew will do. I just can’t anymore though. I just can’t. I’m done. I’m done always thinking about him and how he will look.

EDIT: Added a CW, hid the quote, and added the Reddit link Piell provided

Shinji2015 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 5, 2023

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Shinji2015 posted:

For what's it worth, Thomas posted a short,12 minute response with images of text messages on his other podcast, Serious Inquiries Only: https://seriouspod.com/andrew/

I haven't listened to it yet, but his post is pretty rough, so it might need a CW for anyone who listens to it.

It definitely needs a CW. He has a similar story to the women's.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jesus this audio from Thomas is raw. Tough listen.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Shinji2015 posted:

For what's it worth, Thomas posted a short,12 minute response with images of text messages on his other podcast, Serious Inquiries Only: https://seriouspod.com/andrew/

I haven't listened to it yet, but his post is pretty rough, so it might need a CW for anyone who listens to it.

Summary from Reddit for those who can't listen to it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Fuschia tude posted:

It definitely needs a CW. He has a similar story to the women's.

Got it. Post has been edited

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Woof. I know this isn't the topic of the thread but I'm feeling a way about that audio. I thought I was done with being triggered by stuff like that! It's no one's fault but my own though, I went into it knowing what I was about to listen to. I'll put my little spiral behind a content warning also.

God. Trying to explain the hip thing. It's so hard to explain something like that. How do you explain that he "just" touched you somewhere innocuous? How do you explain that it went further than a 'normal' touch, that it drifted subtly but noticeably closer to a place that would no longer be normal? How do you explain that it went further than you wanted it to, and in that moment, you realized that you don't know what you could do if he went further? Knowing suddenly and with perfect clarity that whether or not the life you have now is ruined depends entirely on whether this is where his hand stops, and knowing that the choice is entirely out of your control. Because if you intervene now, if you make a federal loving issue out of it now, then it's your fault. You ruined your own life, making a big deal out of nothing. Because it's nothing. Right now, it's nothing. As long as it stops here, it's nothing. But why is his hand there?

Then to feel certain, later, that at least some of this is your fault. If you'd made a federal loving issue out of it before, none of what came later would have happened. Sure, everyone might have thought you were loving crazy, since nothing really happened. But that's just you. Everyone's always known you're crazy. Would confirming it for everyone and burning all those bridges really have been such a loss when it was just you? If it meant that no one else got hurt? Was it worth it? Shouldn't you have known that it wouldn't be worth it?

Anyway! I hope everyone involved is able to get some help dealing with the emotional fallout from this.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you believe the MSM and those Ted Koppel types then you'll believe that no planes got shot down over Vietnam

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
drat, I came to post about how fun and upbeat the latest KF episode is only to find out about Andrew. Guess I need to kill that Patreon sub till they get stuff worked out.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Continuing this being the ersatz OA thread :

Just got a new episode with a whopping 17 second runtime. Thomas is saying that Andrew has locked him out of everything except for that and is in full-on attack mode.

So, you know, that sure is a thing.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Xiahou Dun posted:

Continuing this being the ersatz OA thread :

Just got a new episode with a whopping 17 second runtime. Thomas is saying that Andrew has locked him out of everything except for that and is in full-on attack mode.

So, you know, that sure is a thing.

Jesus christ. So I guess "pause patreons", huh?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
It’s always jarring when you see somebody act as their real self after the familiar facade comes down. It’s a hard re-contextualization of every interaction you’ve ever had with them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

tracecomplete posted:

Jesus christ. So I guess "pause patreons", huh?

There’s also an updated one now where he sounds really exhausted and exasperated. Also the 30 second message is bookended by ads.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

I didn't listen to the audio, is that basically what it said?

Morgan Stringer seems to be doing better than she was the other day, even if the whole clusterfuck is still a disaster. I'm glad KF fans were able to give her some light, I know I followed a lot of the AJ trials I couldn't watch at work through her livetweets.

https://twitter.com/MoString/status/1622747868258877440

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

It sounds like Stringer said some wild poo poo that has the OA Facebook group proper pissed off? Though she works for Torrez at his law firm, so who even knows what pressures she's getting.

Gonna just slide that Patreon over to Thomas's other shows for now, even though I 10/10 do not care about atheist navel-gazing or dadful activities.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Yeah that’s pretty much the message.

And hopefully Morgan’s okay because I’m assuming she’s looking for a job if she weren’t already.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Um, can someone please explain how all of this relates to Knowledge Fight? I have never heard of any of these people or shows but I assume there must be some overlap since everyone is posting about it here.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Opening Arguments has done Alex Jones coverage so there's been some overlap (I think Dan's been on it?)

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Dan and Jordan have appeared on Opening Arguments and recommended their Alex Jones legal deep dive episodes before, and Morgan Stringer has been on an episode of Knowledge Fight to talk about the trial she covered. OA doesn't have a dedicated thread AFAIK, but there's some decent overlap from people like me who found OA through KF (or vice versa).

tracecomplete posted:

It sounds like Stringer said some wild poo poo that has the OA Facebook group proper pissed off? Though she works for Torrez at his law firm, so who even knows what pressures she's getting.

Morgan seems to have spiraled pretty bad, starting out at intense denial that included some false assumptions that this was related to some other drama that's been going behind the scenes related to her love life. Discussions of a whisper network, or of people actually knowing about this for a long time, pissed her right off because apparently those whispers never reached her. She took this very personally as meaning that either people were lying, or else they left her in a dangerous situation rather than giving her a heads up. FB group members obviously got really angry at her implication that the accusations were false, but I don't blame her for wanting to believe that when the alternative was "many people I considered friends chose to let me unknowingly spend a lot of time being vulnerable around a sex pest". She also responded about as badly as you'd expect to people implying that she knew or was complicit somehow, and as it became clearer that this was some Real poo poo happening she very publicly mourned her entire career. She didn't yet have a stable career outside of Torrez and his firm/podcast, so the small community that knew who she was has essentially watched all her hopes and dreams die live on Twitter. I don't think she handled it well, but it's a lovely situation.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Dan and Jordan both have been on OA, I think. Morgan Stringer, who works/worked for the OA guy who seems to be a creep, guested on KF.

Everett False posted:

I don't think she handled it well, but it's a lovely situation.
Yeah, this makes sense. Garbage situation all around.

tracecomplete fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 7, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Andrew himself was on an episode of KF. I think around last Christmas when Jordan was in Paris.

Edit : And now Andrew has put out some kind of emergency apology-type message, again via the podcast feed. I didn't actually finish it because he started trying to "correct the record" and I decided to set that aside for later.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 7, 2023

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

Andrew himself was on an episode of KF. I think around last Christmas when Jordan was in Paris.

Edit : And now Andrew has put out some kind of emergency apology-type message, again via the podcast feed. I didn't actually finish it because he started trying to "correct the record" and I decided to set that aside for later.

There's a transcript.

He gets a hearty "gently caress you" from me for this one:

quote:

I was also unaware of Thomas's apparent physical relationship with a mutual friend of ours until yesterday. I'm disappointed that Thomas would out that close friend without his explicit permission and and I'm sorry that he got dragged into the middle of this.

If you didn't listen to Thomas' statements, he spent considerable time second-guessing himself based on the fact that he would not have found the ways Andrew touched him upsetting if it had been their other friend Eli instead. He seemed to struggle with the idea that he could have different boundaries with different men, or that it was okay for him to be more physical with some friends and not others. If your only knowledge of the situation came from Andrew's statement, you'd assume Thomas said something very different about that friendship. There's no way that implication is accidental, and it's scummy as hell.

Apparently he's going to keep trying to do OA without Thomas. What are the odds he does a hard pivot into a lucrative right-wing podcast by a former leftist cancelled by the woke mob?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Oh? I heard he withdrew himself from the pod over the initial allegations and assumed he'd set up somewhere else, but hearing him gently caress with other people in the OA production makes it seem like he's torpedoing and pr pivoting.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Thanks for posting the transcript. Except also ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I suppose there’s a world where that’s a sincere apology, but I’m not convinced it’s this one. And how often he harangued in the verb “to out (someone)” into there like a sack of weasels is not loving helping.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Oh yeah this release Andrew made on the actual public feed is loving gross.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I posted that half way through and I think it deserves another post to just say it only got worse from there and it was a short rear end clip.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

No me gusta.

Fake/actual edit: I'm leaving these up, though I just realized the transcript was posted earlier, because Andrew's audio sounds ridiculously disingenuous alongside Thomas's audio.

From the start, Andrew claimed that Tom was outing a friend and that it was a sleight against Andrew. T the end of the clip he explicitly says "I always trust women" and excludes Thomas. This poo poo is some nasty wagon circling and clever lawyer rear end covering.

Andrew said he still wants to make OA episodes. Ikwtf. Rip OA.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 7, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Everett False posted:

Apparently he's going to keep trying to do OA without Thomas. What are the odds he does a hard pivot into a lucrative right-wing podcast by a former leftist cancelled by the woke mob?

Depends on how hard he gets up for money in the near future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Xiahou Dun posted:

Thanks for posting the transcript. Except also ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I suppose there’s a world where that’s a sincere apology, but I’m not convinced it’s this one. And how often he harangued in the verb “to out (someone)” into there like a sack of weasels is not loving helping.

It’s a noteworthy exercise in taking responsibility while also being a pompous rear end in a top hat in an attempt to also appear gracious.