Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

stev posted:

This is my current 'stuff I actually want to play/started ages ago and need to finish' list. I'm burned out on Hitman and FF14 at the moment and I play Snap on my phone.

Play Pentiment!

Others may give you other suggestions, and offer strong and compelling reasons for why you should listen to them. To counter those, I make the best argument possible: you should play Pentiment instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Jerusalem posted:

Play Pentiment!

Others may give you other suggestions, and offer strong and compelling reasons for why you should listen to them. To counter those, I make the best argument possible: you should play Pentiment instead!

yes pentiment is very good, it took me till late act 2 to really appreciate how special it was

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MarsPearl posted:

Please quit because JK is an active fascist and anti-semite who actively helped swing an election in favour of people who were photographed bowing in front of a statue of a nazi, who collaborates with a government that openly talks about their support of the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands of disabled people, concentration camps for refugees and the killing of 'undesirables' and has decided to trigger a constitutional crisis explicitly to hurt and kill as many trans people as possible. I became afraid to walk the streets because at least once a week I'd be assaulted, screamed at or threatened until I fled the country. Why be a transphobe, bigot, anti-semite defender when you could just be quiet?

Could you provide sources for these claims? I've heard she made a couple tweets saying trans women weren't real women but none of the other stuff. If true then I'd like to read more. Thanks.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
After spewing a bunch of transphobic rhetoric she wrote an entire detective book where a transwoman is the murderer and the protagonist cant investigate properly because of a woke mob or something. idk I'm a grown rear end man so I read books for adults

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

Could you provide sources for these claims? I've heard she made a couple tweets saying trans women weren't real women but none of the other stuff. If true then I'd like to read more. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OReGUIdddJw

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

That will be my fourth day straight of playing Wanted: Dead.

:swoon:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In the distance

Cowboys from the deep

"ON A STEEL HORSE I RIIIIIIIIIDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

Expectro Patronum!

this spell isn't even in the fuckin game!!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I knew it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrzhe posted:

this spell isn't even in the fuckin game!!

I think from what I've heard, you can use more spells playing Hero in Smash than in the entire Wizard Game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

External Organs posted:

Speaking of skill issues I keep loving up the final fight in Deaths Door right before I kill him. Dang ol lord of doors...

I beat him! Fun game. Not gonna do the post game, I think. Great soundtrack.

Next up: back to Kirby.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

MarsPearl posted:

Please quit because JK is an active fascist and anti-semite who actively helped swing an election in favour of people who were photographed bowing in front of a statue of a nazi, who collaborates with a government that openly talks about their support of the avoidable deaths of tens of thousands of disabled people, concentration camps for refugees and the killing of 'undesirables' and has decided to trigger a constitutional crisis explicitly to hurt and kill as many trans people as possible. I became afraid to walk the streets because at least once a week I'd be assaulted, screamed at or threatened until I fled the country. Why be a transphobe, bigot, anti-semite defender when you could just be quiet?

You understand I’m not defending her being a lovely person right? It’s not that black and white. I’m saying, you can say she’s all of those things (and I believe them and agree) and also state that making a generation or (two or three ) read more and hopefully fall in love with reading (not just her stuff) isn’t collectively a bad thing.

But this don’t buy her game if you want to be a good person thing that a lot of online discourse goes doesn’t help, is all I’m saying. I’m all for trans rights.

Especially when this stuff doesn’t come up around blizzard, when we know the president who directly benefits from the company doing well is a known sex pest.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

LionArcher posted:

Especially when this stuff doesn’t come up around blizzard, when we know the president who directly benefits from the company doing well is a known sex pest.

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LionArcher posted:

You understand I’m not defending her being a lovely person right? It’s not that black and white. I’m saying, you can say she’s all of those things (and I believe them and agree) and also state that making a generation or (two or three ) read more and hopefully fall in love with reading (not just her stuff) isn’t collectively a bad thing.

But this don’t buy her game if you want to be a good person thing that a lot of online discourse goes doesn’t help, is all I’m saying. I’m all for trans rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRLVFRe9AU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I appreciate that getting kids to read is good but there are probably hundreds of books, possibly even a thousand books that weren't written by JK Rowling.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Dan Brown was the other one that got people reading again what's he been up to?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
please permanently ban anyone else who posts about this bull poo poo in the chat thread ty

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this fully AI voiced dagoth ur mod came across my feed and man, it's a loving trip listening to this and realizing that it's 100% just a computer figuring it out

this sort of thing is gonna make full voice acting a much more achievable goal for smaller independent studios, especially for non-essential roles, but you gotta wonder what it's gonna be like even 5 years down the road for VAs trying to break into the business when all the bit parts are gobbled up by an algorithm

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Vermain posted:

this sort of thing is gonna make full voice acting a much more achievable goal for smaller independent studios, especially for non-essential roles, but you gotta wonder what it's gonna be like even 5 years down the road

God I hope that doesn't happen

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASU8FXplDKA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Voice acting ruined video games

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
by providing our AI with chat logs from your favorite online games we've made it so that your NPC companions will banter just like the players you meet online! this winter the line between single and multiplayer will be blurred like never before. rack em and bug out, prowlers!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

AI is going to take so many jobs. We’re probably less than ten years away from just being able to type into one make another Zelda and an AI will just spit one out.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

Voice acting ruined video games

Final Fantasy X is right there

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

God I hope that doesn't happen

it's still kinda rough around the edges but, at the current pace, it's gonna be hard to identify an actual computer voice in a video game before long, and if you're a 1-5 person studio without a big budget, then you'll absolutely jump at the opportunity to cut down on the cost of full VA

what i imagine you'll see is that independent VAs without big ticket roles are gonna start creating sound banks with various accents/speech patterns so that devs can buy them and feed them to the AI to get specific characters out of it, like a unity asset store kinda deal

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pwnstar posted:

I appreciate that getting kids to read is good but there are probably hundreds of books, possibly even a thousand books that weren't written by JK Rowling.

Kids should read manga instead

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What do kids these days read? Vonnegut?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they read their freaking smart phones

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fortnite novels?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tiktok captions

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

LionArcher posted:

I thought those books were boring af when I was 12 so insteas I read "The Feed" which is about consumerism and it ends with the protagonist's girlfriend as a vegetable from a computer-induced brain hemorrhage and she doesnt get medical attention because she consciously made her consumer profile unprofitable to advertise to

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

please permanently ban anyone else who posts about this bull poo poo in the chat thread ty
ur a pissard, harry

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

hatty posted:

Kids read nothing these days. They can't fuckin' read

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kids these days don't know how to download a dang file

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I've become addicted to Gambit mode in Destiny 2.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

Forums and IRC chats mostly last i checked

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleman_ posted:

Kids these days don't know how to download a dang file

Can confirm, My 12 year old cousin needed help finding a gif he saved from discord or whatever and I had to teach him how to navigate the terrible Windows search system

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've become addicted to Gambit mode in Destiny 2.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vermain posted:

this fully AI voiced dagoth ur mod came across my feed and man, it's a loving trip listening to this and realizing that it's 100% just a computer figuring it out

this sort of thing is gonna make full voice acting a much more achievable goal for smaller independent studios, especially for non-essential roles, but you gotta wonder what it's gonna be like even 5 years down the road for VAs trying to break into the business when all the bit parts are gobbled up by an algorithm

seems especially cool for dyslectics or people with other reading disabilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

https://youtu.be/SLNI81jaDtw