Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vakal posted:

I thought I pegged them for making Imperious the next big baddie which would open up the gates for demon-faction "heroes"

This was precisely my thought the first time I ever went through the campaign. They even named him Imperious, as in "so prideful that he's bound to fall"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mad Dragon posted:

Everything gets recycled in video games and movies.

Now we just need a friend to go bad and the protagonist to have their, "I can fix them," moment to get the real Metzen certification

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
I am no savant on Blizzard games but I'm pretty sure it's been the same punchline throughout every game that has had the word craft in it.

Mymla posted:

Nah, the story of diablo 2 is the story marius narrates in the cutscenes. The moment it deviates from that (the act 5 intro cinematic) it kinda turns to poo poo, but marius' story is high quality. The story the player character experiences is kinda meh, but some of the dialogue with the npcs in the cities is decent enough.

Who is always ahead of you, always behind Diablo, and somehow doesn't die until Baal decides he wants his saltlick back. Much as I hate that loving Marius is the only thing driving the story, you are right. But Diablo 2 has always been a better big budget film than a video game story anyway.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DarkMatt posted:

I am no savant on Blizzard games but I'm pretty sure it's been the same punchline throughout every game that has had the word craft in it.

Who is always ahead of you, always behind Diablo, and somehow doesn't die until Baal decides he wants his saltlick back. Much as I hate that loving Marius is the only thing driving the story, you are right. But Diablo 2 has always been a better big budget film than a video game story anyway.

They did the same story in SC2 with Kerrigan as well.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Are some event chests bugged? Both on Switch and PC I've had chests that allow me to activate, maybe kill a few guys and then despawn after 20 seconds or so.

edit: Also, is there a way to clear the dialog markers over NPCs in Adventure mode? I've tried listening multiple times to no effect.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 6, 2023

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They really tried to with making the prime evil thing of all the big demons smashed into one demon. Everyone sort of just ignored that when they saw Diablos awesome D3 model.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Are some event chests bugged? Both on Switch and PC I've had chests that allow me to activate, maybe kill a few guys and then despawn after 20 seconds or so.

edit: Also, is there a way to clear the dialog markers over NPCs in Adventure mode? I've tried listening multiple times to no effect.

You have to exhaust every dialogue option they have.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Mustached Demon posted:

They really tried to with making the prime evil thing of all the big demons smashed into one demon. Everyone sort of just ignored that when they saw Diablos awesome D3 model.

"Alright guys, here's my pitch. Badass horns and thorns everywhere...with titties."

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Suburban Dad posted:

"Alright guys, here's my pitch. Badass horns and thorns everywhere...with titties."

And some high-heel bone spurs for the foot freaks.
Don't forget them swaying hips!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That Diablo model is badass. Sorry y'all are weird about girl parts

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Field Mousepad posted:

I'm being serious when I say the model owned.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wait, there are people who DIDN'T like Diablo with tits?

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

…Diablo had tits? I guess that’s what I get for mostly playing handheld

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
She can fix me

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

reading the patch notes for season 28 has me jonesing to play d3 now when does the new season start

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

IcePhoenix posted:

reading the patch notes for season 28 has me jonesing to play d3 now when does the new season start
Unknown, but unfortunately season 27 doesn't end until February 26th which means at the absolute earliest we would be looking at the first week of March.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Late Feb at the very earliest.
We'll get a warning about S27 winding down, then some down time.
It's unfortunate that it'll overlap with d2r season 3's start :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sauer kraut posted:

It's unfortunate that it'll overlap with d2r season 3's start :smith:

That's ok I have no interest in d2r until they do something to not make me feel like I need a sorc or an enigma to do end game

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Jelly posted:

Unknown, but unfortunately season 27 doesn't end until February 26th which means at the absolute earliest we would be looking at the first week of March.

The end date hasn't been announced. Where'd you get this? Since we're guessing I'm gonna say the season will start on the 24th.

There's a thing on the launcher saying the season is ending soon but it links back to the start of s27 junk. Imagine they'll clear it up in the next day or two.

Field Mousepad posted:

it's whatever. Just funny to imagine the blizzard devs getting nerd horny pitching that idea. I honestly didn't notice the boobs initially, haha.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 7, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

exquisite tea posted:

Wait, there are people who DIDN'T like Diablo with tits?

yeah people complaining about that is news to me

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Suburban Dad posted:

The end date hasn't been announced. Where'd you get this? Since we're guessing I'm gonna say the season will start on the 24th.
Sorry, I mistakenly assumed the top result was Blizzard because it was a definitive claim, but it was some website called dexerto and for some reason they're certain about it, which like you said is horse poo poo.

Your guess is as good as any.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
They haven't even given an update on the PTR with all the busted stuff that needs to be changed, which should require another week of testing to make sure whatever they do isn't also busted. I'm not expecting a season until mid-March.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

The d2 grognards would not shut the gently caress up about it back at launch.

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
What endless hours of grinding and repetition does to a man.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Herstory Begins Now posted:

People (wrongly) complained because;

a) now had female features, and bah gawd you can't have VAGINAS IN A VIDEO GAME THINK OF BABY JESUS
b) the complete opposite of the rage roid Diablo 2 version, THINK OF YOUR LEGACY BLIZZARD

even though it made 10000% lore sense that the body type/shape of the host would affect the demon version

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
god that's such a dumb thing to get mad about, I'm glad I completely missed that at the time. d3 diablo looks iconically good

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I mean if you want a peak time where people are mad about point A then you're living through it...

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

It's not even tits, it's just a vague feminine shape.

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
The only thing I can dislike about that is the shoulder mouths which are weird.

I guess gamers really just wanted super HD janky red guy Diablo II Diablo, and nothing else. Once you're stuck in that dream of being a half-naked man killing a big red demon you'll never escape it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

There's a thing on the launcher saying the season is ending soon but it links back to the start of s27 junk. Imagine they'll clear it up in the next day or two.

Ok now it's confirmed. S27 ends Feb. 19th.

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/23893119

Usually they start on the following Friday I think so that makes it Feb. 24th if they keep the same cadence.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Suburban Dad posted:

Ok now it's confirmed. S27 ends Feb. 19th.

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/23893119

Usually they start on the following Friday I think so that makes it Feb. 24th if they keep the same cadence.

Nice, they finally did one that doesn't coincide with a Path of Exile league

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait is the next season the last season of Diablo 3 or are people just jokin' around?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

I assume they stop adding seasonal content once d4 comes out so maybe yea

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
As long as the prime evil package sell enough copies every time it's 66% off, they can keep banging out cheap season gimmicks like that S27 primal consumable, and adjusting some sets 2-3 times a year.
Same with D2R.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait is the next season the last season of Diablo 3 or are people just jokin' around?

Nobody has said anything officially but I think a lot of people feel like once D4 is out they'll stop putting in dev time and making new season content. With this season I wonder if they'll make the altar (or a detuned version of it) permanent for the QoL upgrades it gives. If they make more seasons I would be pumped but I wouldn't be surprised either if they started cycling previous themes instead. Still, I would think the people working on D3 are probably not working on D4 currently so maybe they'll keep them on for more (a boy can dream) seasons. I don't think they'll add more sets though or put in anything huge like that, but I'd love to be wrong.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
I assume the last few years of d3 season themes/balance changes have been them giving the interns a chance to do some meaningful game design work in an environment where there isn't much riding on their success or failure.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

RodShaft posted:

It's not even tits, it's just a vague feminine shape.

The statue they were selling was more girlish.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I gotta say I wasn't a fan of D3 diablo, always felt the head was oversized for the body.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People just kind of naturally assume that this will be the last big season for D3 because of the impending release of Diablo IV, but I don't necessarily share that opinion. Most of the streamers and players looking for something new will move on, but I don't think the current crew working on D3 is especially large to begin with, and nobody is particularly going to care if some intern turns up a damage number by 8,000% every few months or so. Even if all they do is cycle between the 6 most popular seasons from now on, that's still a ton of replayable content. And I think new stuff will continue to be added into the game as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Suburban Dad posted:

I didn't know Chris Metzen posted in this thread.