Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pressed through and made it to 60 and the gods smiled upon me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Pressed through and made it to 60 and the gods smiled upon me

Cool variant! And with Zabu/Surfer nerfed and Shuri intact, that's going to be a very useful card if you've got her.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
I'm not buying the season pass just yet, but Strong Guy -> MODOK -> America Chavez sounds like a fun way to end a game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Christ, first match and the guy had MODOK. Did seem to work well with Swarm and Apocalypse in his hand

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got me a title I liked finally. Gotta find a good avatar for it.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Thanks, The Hub for 2x Patriot, but you made my opponent retreat.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

What are your Deathwave variants? I'm considering Hood somewhere but not sure what I'd drop.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Looks like the datamined Surfer & Zabu nerfs aren’t live yet. So who knows when they’ll come out if it was just a rumour or what.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Ah..

Dracula on board + Modok on 6 is gross.

Brode give me Dracula alfuckinready. I'll literally give you $10

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Victor Vermis posted:

Ah..

Dracula on board + Modok on 6 is gross.

Brode give me Dracula alfuckinready. I'll literally give you $10

What does this do? Wouldn't you not have anything to trade for it?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

What does this do? Wouldn't you not have anything to trade for it?

It ensures your big fat Apocalypse is the 1 card in your hand

edit: I realize now I left that bit out of my post. Literally shaking over here, can't type for poo poo.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 7, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
yeah, you dracula/modok/america for a guaranteed big dracula from apoc + 9 from Chavez

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Man I am enjoying MODOK. I've just been passing turn 5 then MODOK + she hulk on turn 6. shame the nerfs aren't live.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Strong Guy/collector/swarm/Modok seems pretty fun.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

KaosMachina posted:

Am I the only person who sometimes enjoys picturing "how the gently caress would that battle even go in comic form"? I can't be, right?

Me too, honestly.

lukevictorious
Mar 31, 2019

this is the water
I only recently got into discard decks despite having a lot of the pieces early on, I know people go(or did) crazy about hell cow and ghost rider while they were just collecting virtual dust for me. But I dunno, when MODOK got datamined people were saying it's only use would be in meme Hela decks. And maybe it is a meme deck, but it's pretty easy to know when to snap/retreat, and if you are snapping a lot of the time you can do it by turn 4 so you don't scare off the opponent. Early days and all, and I have no desire to use a deck tracker, but I'm thinking I can climb pretty high with it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I am workshopping a Marry, gently caress, Kill game with alts that get fed credits for the sake of CL regardless of quality..

I have identified my Marry:

And I can't decide if this is gently caress or Kill:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This new Negative gives me Lupin III vibes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Push El Burrito posted:

Got me a title I liked finally. Gotta find a good avatar for it.

Mojo maybe?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Yay, I beat my Doppleganger. I want his Patriot variant.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Anyone else getting a lot of bot matches to start the season out? I've had at least 3. It's kinda hilarious how much they just have no clue what to play with turn 7.

Whatever, easy 12 cubes to start the season out.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

:bisonyes:

Modok is fun.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

Last game of the night, my opponent played the Destroyer on Danger Room. And it ate him, after eating his Lizard on round 2. Sometimes I love the RNG.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I like the battle mode ideas at the end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmlLGajF1VA

And I am inspired.

Would anyone be interested in an absurd 10 player DRAFT league where we each draft one card, for 16 rounds, and then run through a tournament with whatever deck we are able to cobble together? You'd have a 4 card "bench" to sub cards in, and there'd be some interesting completely unfair and silly draft day shenanigans with pool 3+ cards where you have to consider its intrinsic value vs. how many other people are likely to have access to it.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Victor Vermis posted:

I like the battle mode ideas at the end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmlLGajF1VA

And I am inspired.

Would anyone be interested in an absurd 10 player DRAFT league where we each draft one card, for 16 rounds, and then run through a tournament with whatever deck we are able to cobble together? You'd have a 4 card "bench" to sub cards in, and there'd be some interesting completely unfair and silly draft day shenanigans with pool 3+ cards where you have to consider its intrinsic value vs. how many other people are likely to have access to it.

I would be down for some drafting action.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
It's so nice to drop 30 rank after the season is over and finally play some bots again, I'd forgotten what it felt like to win some drat cubes

Trucker Hat posted:

I'm not buying the season pass just yet, but Strong Guy -> MODOK -> America Chavez sounds like a fun way to end a game
Can vouch, this is very fun!

I wasn't in a hurry to theorycraft MODOK fun before but now that I've put a deck together and seen early results, I'm suddenly exploring all kinds of stupid ideas. Morbius Wong MODOK Swarm + Collector while Zabu is still pre-nerf... I've been running Hood + Quinjet alongside Moongirl for double 0-cost Demons, as well as what she does with Swarm and Wolvie for when MODOK lands...If only I had Dracula for Apoc fun, too, man, but I uh already named 12 cards in this post

--just got destroyed by a MODOK + Hela (I don't have her neither) behind an Invisible Woman... This card has some solid combo potential

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kooriken posted:

I would be down for some drafting action.

There's a draft deck generator here.

A general goon snap tournament might be fun, too.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Post if you're interested: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023457

Once there's enough interest and extras, I'll randomize a draft order and sound the opening bell.

Quackles posted:

There's a draft deck generator here.

A general goon snap tournament might be fun, too.

Neat, but nothing beats a DRAFT THREAD. Get yo memes rdy.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Folks I'm going to bed, please don't post too much interest in the Marvel Snap Draft Championship Thing thread because I have a job and my boss will fire me if I tell him I can't focus too much on my work because I am quote, Paul Tagliabuing This Mother Fucker (it's happened before and I'll never live it down!!!)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ninurta posted:

Yay, I beat my Doppleganger. I want his Patriot variant.

You can't get it, at least not right now. It's the Winter Wonderland variant from the Christmas/New Year event and as far as I know they stopped dropping.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Trucker Hat posted:

Don't think I'll buy it myself but I theorycrafted Invisible Woman -> Wave -> Hela behind Invisible Woman -> MODOK - topdeck.

Is the combo reliable? Absolutely not. But if I had MODOK, would I try it all the time? Yes

EDIT: Is there an analysis of this month's bundles somewhere to see if it's worth it? The Deadpool one looks like good value, but this Mr. Negative one...I dunno. I think maybe the tokens are worth it but it's still steep.

Artelier fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 7, 2023

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Artelier posted:

Don't think I'll buy it myself but I theorycrafted Invisible Woman -> Wave -> Hela behind Invisible Woman -> MODOK - topdeck.

Is the combo reliable? Absolutely not. But if I had MODOK, would I try it all the time? Yes

EDIT: Is there an analysis of this month's bundles somewhere to see if it's worth it? The Deadpool one looks like good value, but this Mr. Negative one...I dunno. I think maybe the tokens are worth it but it's still steep.

Yeah, Deadpool is the best value one.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-february-2023-bundles-guide/

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 7, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

For the cetaceans among us, Snap Zone doesn't use the smartest method of determining dollar equivalent prices. They say that 8k gold is $114, but if you go through the Nuverse store, set location to Philippines and buy the biggest bundle it will "only" cost you $95. Still not worth it for a poor variant, less than the gold value in credits and half an S5 card, though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jedit posted:

For the cetaceans among us, Snap Zone doesn't use the smartest method of determining dollar equivalent prices. They say that 8k gold is $114, but if you go through the Nuverse store, set location to Philippines and buy the biggest bundle it will "only" cost you $95. Still not worth it for a poor variant, less than the gold value in credits and half an S5 card, though.

Yeah, a straight conversion of gold to credits is 8000g for 10000c. The bundle is 8000g and gives you 6000c. You really have to judge for yourself if the rest of the bundle is worth those extra 4000 credits for you. The 3000 tokens to buy Shuri perhaps?

(It gets too tricky for me to calculate what the extra value would be of the season pass XP if you use all that gold into 2 extra missions.)

They also datamined another bundle featuring a great looking Mystique variant, but since it comes with credits and gold it will very likely be cash only (no price yet).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 7, 2023

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

Thanks for that tip, I used to buy the season pass which goes for 12 eurobucks on steam like a dumbass when apparently I could've gotten it for 8 fiddy. Will definitely use that in the future instead. Maybe shell out for the birthpool pack, I dunno, because 85€ is still too steep to justify buying for just 6000 creds, 3000 collector tokens and a variant.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Lane 1: 3 unimportant cards and Ebony Maw, Location unimportant.
Lane 2: 3 unimportant cards, Location is Manhattan.

On the turn Manhattan is active, why the gently caress can't I play something on Lane 1 if I move Ebony Maw to Lane 2? He still counts as being in Lane 1 while simultaneously no longer being there, in the turn order, or is the game order dictating that the move and the play happen at the EXACT same time? This is stupid, by this logic even without Ebony Maw the above scenario should STILL block you from playing in the freed-up space on the turn you move because, according to this, at the same moment you move a card out the lane STILL has 4 cards and you can't play cards into full lanes, right?!

loving stupid HS clown-rules poo poo, yes I lost a game because of this, yes I'm mad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
moves happen before cards get played once a turn happens, and before then all card effects stay active. it's a little annoying that you can't do a play of 'new card in loc B, move ebony maw from loc A to loc B, new card in loc A' but not resolving moves first does some immediate much weirder things to several mechanics, not the least of which is cards that add cards to other locations

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

KazigluBey posted:

Lane 1: 3 unimportant cards and Ebony Maw, Location unimportant.
Lane 2: 3 unimportant cards, Location is Manhattan.

On the turn Manhattan is active, why the gently caress can't I play something on Lane 1 if I move Ebony Maw to Lane 2? He still counts as being in Lane 1 while simultaneously no longer being there, in the turn order, or is the game order dictating that the move and the play happen at the EXACT same time? This is stupid, by this logic even without Ebony Maw the above scenario should STILL block you from playing in the freed-up space on the turn you move because, according to this, at the same moment you move a card out the lane STILL has 4 cards and you can't play cards into full lanes, right?!

loving stupid HS clown-rules poo poo, yes I lost a game because of this, yes I'm mad.

If you'd played your cards in Lane 2 before moving Maw you would have been fine. Was there a reason why you couldn't?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Morbius -> Moon Girl -> MODOK is a very fun combo when I can line it up. My discard deck is much more tenable now even without Ghostrider or Hela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Jedit posted:

If you'd played your cards in Lane 2 before moving Maw you would have been fine. Was there a reason why you couldn't?

???? How can I move Maw to 2 if I've already used up the one slot remaining there? The cards I mentioned as "unimportant" are already in both lanes before the turn.

The winning move was moving Maw to 2 and playing a card from hand in 1. Playing a card directly on 2 and keeping Maw in 1 lost the game.

flatluigi posted:

moves happen before cards get played once a turn happens, and before then all card effects stay active. it's a little annoying that you can't do a play of 'new card in loc B, move ebony maw from loc A to loc B, new card in loc A' but not resolving moves first does some immediate much weirder things to several mechanics, not the least of which is cards that add cards to other locations

The game already accounts for sequencing in the resolution process, which is why when you play like 4 cards in a turn but don't lock it in and want to redo you have to pull them back to hand in the inverse order you played them.

If the game already gives a poo poo and pays lipservice to sequencing I don't understand why my scenario played out the way it did. I mean, no, I get it now and your explanation helped, but this still comes across as really stupid in this particular scenario.

.: Wait maybe I didn't explain myself well: Location 1 was full at the start of the turn Manhattan becomes active, 3 cards + Maw. Location 2 had three cards and was Manhattan. I figured I SHOULD be able to move Maw to Manhattan and play a card in the slot Maw frees up. But NOPE, even though the game cares about sequencing Maw is in a quantum state of being physically in Manhattan (since LOOK, once I drag him over I can't play any more cards there! there are FOUR CARDS IN MANHATTAN) while STILL blocking Location 1 with his effect.

I mean, I kinda get it but at the same time this seems really stupid to me.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 7, 2023