Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

veni veni veni posted:

Current GT7 trip report. I finished getting my drivers license after practicing such exciting tasks as stopping and starting and making the car go around corners, which unlocked a whole 3 new races, with scenery as bland looking as the first three races that won me some early 00's Japanese compact cars. Super sick rolling around in these things that I'd be disappointed to drive irl. I can't do one of the races because I have the wrong tires and can't select the right tires and it doesn't seem like I can buy them in the garage either and the game doesn't say why, so that's cool. There's plenty of weird photos of actual humans to talk to though. There's the instructor who looks like a gamestop employee that someone took a surprise picture of and ran off, my "waiter" who is serving me menus of cars or something (what?) and some cool zoomer girl with headphones that sounds suspiciously like an autistic Japanese man as she explains to me in excruciating detail why some 2003 Mazda clown car "took the world by storm" all accompanied by one of the lamest soundtracks I have ever heard in my life. Then I turned it off and played some Forza Horizon 5 to remind myself racing games can be fun.

You need to buy the tires in the tuning shop on the map. And you need to make sure all of the assist functions are off except I set the TCS to 1 and keep antilock braking system (ABS) on. Any other settings and you’ll be having a real poo poo time trying to take corners and drive. Especially the automatic stability management. Sounds honestly like you need to listen to the menu book tutorials a bit better because I can’t imagine missing literally anything this game needs you to know they lay it on so thick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Back in the day GT7 would come with a manual the size of a telephone directory

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

You need to buy the tires in the tuning shop on the map. And you need to make sure all of the assist functions are off except I set the TCS to 1 and keep antilock braking system (ABS) on. Any other settings and you’ll be having a real poo poo time trying to take corners and drive. Especially the automatic stability management. Sounds honestly like you need to listen to the menu book tutorials a bit better because I can’t imagine missing literally anything this game needs you to know they lay it on so thick.

Ooh, I’ll have to try turning assists down too. Taking turns where I had to brake have been a bit awkward for me so far, maybe having some assists on is part of that reason?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s because braking sucks and the best racing games just let you hold accelerate all the way down all the time and occasionally tap an e-brake button to take tight turns at a million mph

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s because braking sucks and the best racing games just let you hold accelerate all the way down all the time and occasionally tap an e-brake button to take tight turns at a million mph

This is incredibly boring when compared to perfectly driving an hour long endurance race in a car that feels like it's a moment away from falling apart like the F40.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That sounds way more boring imo

A friend of mine has a full on stepdad sim pit and does real-time 24 hour races with his iracing buddies and it just sounds like the opposite of fun even at scale

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Ehh, it’s cool. And besides what would I say? “The game is fun and I like it”? Doesn’t really add a lot anyway.

:justpost:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

That sounds way more boring imo

A friend of mine has a full on stepdad sim pit and does real-time 24 hour races with his iracing buddies and it just sounds like the opposite of fun even at scale

Racing real cars is insanely cool and fun and things like iracing and gt7 are the closest approximation of doing some real racing with significantly reduced time and cost investment. If you've never been in any way interested in sitting behind the wheel of a real car at a real racetrack then I can see where the appeal of gt7 can be lost on you. If you just want to play video games then yeah stick to mario kart or whatever

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

\
\

Oh, hey. I noticed that you have got yourself an Axel. In case you don't know who I am, I am stella and I have been hiding in the walls and staring at you the whole time. The Axel Was popular in Japan in the late 90's due to it's fuel economy and was later rebranded as **** ****** in America. It took the country by storm due to it's low profile dual mounted machine guns.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1620519354403262465?cxt=HHwWgsDQ7Yrxnv0sAAAA

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Uh, I didn’t actually know that Abby could follow a kneecap with a fatal melee on a clicker. That’s so cool and now I want to make my 5th run through the game.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Someone please make San Francisco Rush but with Gran Turismo graphics. PLEASE.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SilkyP posted:

Woody Allen loving sucks lol

Only if you know anything about him as a person...

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I didn't know she could stomp so much...who does she think she is, Isaac from dead space?

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

JBP posted:

This is incredibly boring when compared to perfectly driving an hour long endurance race in a car that feels like it's a moment away from falling apart like the F40.

This is me every time I have to drive to the store. (My truck has 240k all-original miles on it). Every trip is an adventure. Is today the day?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's too many games coming out this year, I've decided. I'm probably going to buy LAD: Ishin, RE4, Zelda, FFXVI, and Trails into Reverie, and all those are full price, and all within the next six months.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trails from Azure out first

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

Trails from Azure out first

I need to play the Sky games before the Crossbell games, argh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

you wont be seeing this kinda stuff on your grandads HBO, i'll tell ya

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Oh this looks good, thanks

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Morpheus posted:

Theatrythm is going to make me want to play a bunch of FF games again, I can tell. Even the bad ones, like Type 0, since it had such a rad opening theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TKCXZ1oxFY

Thanks thread for reccomending the demo (which I had to add through the PSN website as I couldn't find it in the PS5 store).
I had my wife, who's a big rythmn and FF fan try it and we immediately pre-ordered it. She was poo-pooing the RPG elements until like 20 minutes in when she started getting into assembling her party together.

"I'm in trouble."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh gently caress I forgot Theatrhythm

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I forgot Shopto do cheap PSN cards I can get the mega Theatrythm pack for like £82.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh I forgot Shopto do cheap PSN cards I can get the mega Theatrythm pack for like £82.

drat. I wish I'd thought of that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I did this for Ishin and also realised that enrolling in PlayStation stars and then just using my console over the last couple of months had completed enough of their stupid task things to have enough points for £10 of PSN credit directly on the store, so if you turned that on make sure to go see if you can cash in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah I forgot they gave you actual money for that, got a tenner in points too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Well now I feel kinda weird talking about GT7 here if so many people in this thread hate it lol. I guess I’ll just keep my thought to myself

Even I don't actually hate it. I just find the molasses pace and JRPG style menus to be a lot and feel compelled to riff on it. Like I said earlier the driving itself feels good. I'll probably like it quite a bit once I hit a point where I can use cool cars and the activities feel less mundane. I do think the scenery is weirdly bland for a racing game though which is disappointing.

Feel free to not hate on it, because I'm basically the only person itt making GBS threads on it and even I'm not being particularly serious.

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is literally the first thing I did and the other tires are grayed out with no explanation as to why and I can't buy or equip them.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 7, 2023

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Are you able to buy tires from the race shop menu?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nope. I can't start the race because it defaults to comfort tires and I need some variant of racing tires. I tried to switch in the tuning menu before you start the race and can't even select them. Then I went over the tuning shop and I can select them but they are grayed out and the game won't let me buy or equip them with no explanation. I'll have to check today, but I suspect that maybe despite already unlocking that race, I was somehow attempting to sequence break the endless tutorials, and the game wants to do a tutorial on selecting tires from the menu later or something.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

:homebrew::yeshaha::homebrew:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Nope. I can't start the race because it defaults to comfort tires and I need some variant of racing tires. I tried to switch in the tuning menu before you start the race and can't even select them. Then I went over the tuning shop and I can select them but they are grayed out and the game won't let me buy or equip them with no explanation. I'll have to check today, but I suspect that maybe despite already unlocking that race, I was somehow attempting to sequence break the endless tutorials, and the game wants to do a tutorial on selecting tires from the menu later or something.

Levels of the tuning shop unlock as you complete the menu items and I believe racing tyres are in a higher tier than sports tyres so maybe you have to do more menu thingies to unlock the ability to buy racing tyres

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

It's cool and good that gran turismo games make no attempt to appeal to non car people

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

got to experience Dead Space Remake's "intensity director" in action first-hand. after the tentacle jumpscare in engineering you backtrack a bit through some cleared rooms to get back to the save room. when I got to the save room I decided I wanted to make a quick stop at the upgrade bench and did so without actually saving. when I came back from upgrading I suddenly got ambushed by two necromorphs inside the previously empty save room, panicked, got trapped in a corner, and died. I got sent back to the checkpoint after the tentacle, which is whatever, not a huge amount of progress lost and I just had to go through a few empty rooms again. except one of the rooms wasn't empty this time and instead had an ambush from a crawling necromorph. I killed it, got back to the save room (empty again) and saved immediately.

moral of the story: don't let your guard down when backtracking in Dead Space Remake and always be saving

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

veni veni veni posted:

I can't do one of the races because I have the wrong tires and can't select the right tires and it doesn't seem like I can buy them in the garage either and the game doesn't say why, so that's cool.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/stuck-on-menu-3.405017/

You won't have any campaign progression race that requires racing tires that early in the game.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

It's cool and good that gran turismo games make no attempt to appeal to non car people

Absolutely true. It's not for me at all but I appreciate that Sony is still publishing at least one game that someone might hate, and consequently that someone else might love. They should do a lot more of that, balance the boring tentpole games with a variety of oddball lower budget releases. Maybe have a studio for it, in Japan,

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Vintersorg posted:

Someone please make San Francisco Rush but with Gran Turismo graphics. PLEASE.

This and Ridge Racer, if you'd told me 15 years ago that we would go two generations of Playstation consoles with no Ridge Racer I would have accused you of bullshitting me

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

fridge corn posted:

Levels of the tuning shop unlock as you complete the menu items and I believe racing tyres are in a higher tier than sports tyres so maybe you have to do more menu thingies to unlock the ability to buy racing tyres

Collector level gets you more tuning shop upgrades. fwiw I thought it was menus too.

Buy more cheap cars, VVV. The unlock thresholds should be start the game/250/390/550/730. Between the free cars the game should be throwing at you and a couple "oh, that looks neat" purchases, you should get 'em in no time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Augus posted:

got to experience Dead Space Remake's "intensity director" in action first-hand. after the tentacle jumpscare in engineering you backtrack a bit through some cleared rooms to get back to the save room. when I got to the save room I decided I wanted to make a quick stop at the upgrade bench and did so without actually saving. when I came back from upgrading I suddenly got ambushed by two necromorphs inside the previously empty save room, panicked, got trapped in a corner, and died. I got sent back to the checkpoint after the tentacle, which is whatever, not a huge amount of progress lost and I just had to go through a few empty rooms again. except one of the rooms wasn't empty this time and instead had an ambush from a crawling necromorph. I killed it, got back to the save room (empty again) and saved immediately.

moral of the story: don't let your guard down when backtracking in Dead Space Remake and always be saving

I had at least twice where I was using the store and heard a vent bust and I was suddenly being attacked. I like it cause the game doesn't go overkill with the random enemies during back tracking but they are present and random enough to keep doing side stuff from being boring empty hall.

The one time it pissed me off was after the first Hunter part, it spawns like 40 necros that you are really meant to just run past as the hunter chases you. But then the second part of the hunter side mission just makes you go through those rooms again, they are still there and you basically have to kill all of them so you can watch a drat holo log. Wasted most of my inventory to do that part of the quest and walked out with a sliver of health.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Yeaaaah lets loving go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgFHuD7y3gw

First canon return of Jill since 5. (This is after vendetta which is before 7, so assuming this is still before 7 or maybe before 8 hmm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love RE, but those movies are unwatchable lol.