Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favourite former IK?
This poll is closed.
metis 5 7.04%
Metis! 16 22.54%
Me, tis 18 25.35%
emits 14 19.72%
Hydrossity 18 25.35%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hairy pooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVvNme-3ad8

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQlOfXyrUY

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Unrelated but I'm glad Jerma played through The Eternal Cylinder last week. That was probably one of my favorite games of 2021 and it's good to see it get a spotlight even with all of its faults.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Arrrthritis posted:

Unrelated but I'm glad Jerma played through The Eternal Cylinder last week. That was probably one of my favorite games of 2021 and it's good to see it get a spotlight even with all of its faults.

yeah the highs were high for sure, im glad he came back around on it by the end

lmao at him being like oh yeah this seems a great choice for 'chill stream' tho

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

haha what posted:

yeah the highs were high for sure, im glad he came back around on it by the end

lmao at him being like oh yeah this seems a great choice for 'chill stream' tho

lol yeah, that game gets pretty stressful at times with the amount of poo poo that tries to kill you or take away your powers.

Although late-game it seemed like he didn't really experiment with the gun trebhum. That thing can make some very powerful bullets if you're willing to experiment with combining different items together; by the time I reached the desert just about anything that walked in my general direction was at risk of discovering their weakness of bullets.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

speaking of poop, in the upcoming digimon card set (feb 17) there is support for a deck based on the poop digimon, sukamon (if you watched the dub he was bastardized as "custard" but you best believe he is walking talking poo poo):

this set was the one getting revealed in Japan when I started playing, so I have been excited to take a big fat poo poo on my opponent's playmat literally the entire time I have been playing the game. so imagine my delight when last night, they revealed more poop cards for the upcoming july set!

in conclusion: 💩

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ok so here’s why I think pathfinder’s approach to magic is bunk: (also applies to d&d games)

At low levels you don’t get many spell slots at all, AND the buffs you cast don’t last long, maybe one or two battles. So after a few encounters, your casters are essentially bad fighters, spending the vast majority of their time missing their autoattacks.

Ten levels later, they have TOO MANY spell slots. Because most buffs’ duration increases with level, a single cast of a buff lasts a whole dungeon, so casters can fill their magic book with many more direct combat spells, and suddenly they’re OP as gently caress and become the best damage-dealers AND healers AND crowd-controllers in the game.

Is there no middle ground??

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jay Rust posted:

Ok so here’s why I think pathfinder’s approach to magic is bunk: (also applies to d&d games)

At low levels you don’t get many spell slots at all, AND the buffs you cast don’t last long, maybe one or two battles. So after a few encounters, your casters are essentially bad fighters, spending the vast majority of their time missing their autoattacks.

Ten levels later, they have TOO MANY spell slots. Because most buffs’ duration increases with level, a single cast of a buff lasts a whole dungeon, so casters can fill their magic book with many more direct combat spells, and suddenly they’re OP as gently caress and become the best damage-dealers AND healers AND crowd-controllers in the game.

More precise specialization? Like main damage sub healing and no crowd control?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

Abasi (スワヒリ in the Japanese version) is a lion student in Magicians Quest: Mysterious Times. He was born on October 12th, under the sign of The Staff. He's an easy going drum player that likes salty foods, specifically meat. He also favors the refreshing scent of may lillies, and tends to decorate his room with ancient and restaurant themed furniture. Abasi's catchphrase is "*growl*".

homeless snail posted:

Interestingly enough, Abigail (aka プップ), also enjoys the refreshing scent of may lilies AND favors salty foods. However, that's where the similarities end. For one, she's a pig, and was born under The Witch's Nose on March 30th. Her personality is sometimes described as passive and pessimistic. Her catchphrase? "But, like, um…". She tends to decorate using furniture of the basic type. Some might call her a real basic bitch, not me though.

Magician's Quest loving rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq8R5d_xyLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsSyk1feI64

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sukamon deez nuts

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

All buffs should be modal.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Leviosa!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Someone give me a quick rundown of Romance of the Three Kingdoms before Wo Long comes out. Keep it under say, 200 words should be plenty I would think. Also don't confuse me with a ton of characters.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Saint Freak posted:

Someone give me a quick rundown of Romance of the Three Kingdoms before Wo Long comes out. Keep it under say, 200 words should be plenty I would think. Also don't confuse me with a ton of characters.

Do not pursue Lu Bu.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think one kingdom would have been plenty

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica...ingawful.com%2F

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

February is the perfect month for a Romance

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Do not pursue Lu Bu.

Ah, ol' Louie Boo. I've heard of him.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

wizards should be over powered

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Saint Freak posted:

Peasants are starving to death and mad and start to rebel against the Han Empire. Dong Zhuo takes control of emperor and is evil. Yuan Shao makes a coalition of warlords to fight Dong Zhuo. Dong Zhuo is killed by his adoptive son Lu Bu, but Cao Cao who is a minister and warlord conspires to seize more power. Liu Bei and his comrades swear an oath to fight peasants and make the government righteous

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have also sworn an oath to fight peasants

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gripweed posted:

wizards should be over powered

Just amazing. Read the last few pages. Wizards are awful people

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I know you troll a lot but suggesting that someone read the last few pages of this thread is too far

rox
Sep 7, 2016

elden ring update: i have defeated the fire giant forgemaster ( :( ) but decided to progress through the tree before visiting the forge. i made my way down through the plaza and defeated loretta, knight of the haligtree, and finally descended down to elphael, brace of the haligtree.

unrelated pic but i thought it was cute and u can see my outfit

its gonna be extremely hard for any game to replace this one in my mind for quite some time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's finally happening

Metroid Prime Trilogy

This time

For sure

Definitely

Also Blast Corps

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i stan wizards of the coast

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

mods please ban this disgusting filth.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

demod shallnoiseupon

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

sorry meant to say paizo slip of the brain

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I was going to say that I stan TSR, but then I remembered they're Nazi sympathisers, so I actually do the opposite of stanning TSR.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sorry meant to say paizo slip of the brain

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Whoever thought this godawful laser escape sequence in Hi Fi Rush was OK needs an interview sans coffee.

It's sucked out all the fun I was having right out of the game.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 7, 2023

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

I was going to say that I stan TSR, but then I remembered they're Nazi sympathisers, so I actually do the opposite of stanning TSR.

ernie gygax sucks so much

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pwrxh82-nI

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

it all begins with the yellow turban rebellion, a widespread revolt by a popular religious sect that the emperor and his general He Jin deals with by ceding authority to local governors who mobilize their own armies. its at this time that Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, and Guan Yu meet and make the famous peach garden oath, before going off to war together. the yellow turbans are defeated but most of the infrastructure of the empire is also destroyed, which allows the warlords to maintain their sovereignty. the vacuum is further exacerbated by, the death of the emperor, and then He Jin's assassination by the eunuchs and the burning of the palace after a failed power grab. the 12 year old heir to the throne is, captured by Dong Zhuo who becomes the de facto emperor until he is, murdered by Lu Bu which sets into motion a series of events that culminates, in Cao Cao taking possession of the emperor and founding the state of Wei in the north. opposed by, principally, Liu Bei's western Shu and the Sun family's eastern Wu, who had their own claims on the empire. that is 200 words, now what is wo long

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

hogwarts legacy cloud version let's fuckin go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

now what is wo long

Nioh people making Fantasy Feudal China instead of Fantasy Feudal Japan.