Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

F.D. Signifier posted:

How did resetera handle it?

The same way SA handled threads about virtual youtubers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
Speaking of controversial releases, I am curious about the lack of backlash to Atomic Heart, a game where you literally play as a KGB agent in an alt-universe where the USSR came out on top. Yikes.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If you really want to play an open-world adventure about a normie exploring a fantasy world and dealing with their flashy new magical powers then just pick up the far superior Forspoken.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Trickortreat posted:

Is it possible to get twitch drops even if you don't have the game? Do you just get a code that you can enter to redeem so you can redeem it? I forgot there's exclusive Twitch drops for outfits and costumes.

yeah but you need to go link your twitch on the hogwarts legacy site, also drops don’t start till 1pm EST, there are like 7ish things to unlock

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Mad Wack posted:

yeah but you need to go link your twitch on the hogwarts legacy site, also drops don’t start till 1pm EST, there are like 7ish things to unlock

the glowy magic cloak is pretty cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

the far superior Forspoken.

farts pokin

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Trickortreat posted:

Speaking of controversial releases, I am curious about the lack of backlash to Atomic Heart, a game where you literally play as a KGB agent in an alt-universe where the USSR came out on top. Yikes.

Stalin is in fashion now AND you get to kill hosed up looking robots

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

chernobyl kinsman posted:

yeah that's the one i meant

why

Throwing space magic at ugly bug monsters and watching my number go up releases the happy brain chemicals.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

way too much text, jesus

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Trickortreat posted:

Isn't everything going to poo poo in the game though? I don't know poo poo about the story, but I got a vague impression of a Bioshock style criticism of the ideals behind the setting/aesthetics.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trickortreat posted:

Sounds based op

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Trickortreat posted:

Is it possible to get twitch drops even if you don't have the game? Do you just get a code that you can enter to redeem so you can redeem it? I forgot there's exclusive Twitch drops for outfits and costumes.

absolutely, I just saw a code off a stream. grab it quick: youfuckingmoron

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Oldstench posted:

They banned all discussion of it. If you talk about it you risk getting banned from the forums.
So the exact same thing we did with My Little Pony, VTubers, gamergate poo poo, and various pedo anime?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

very strange that people are fine supporting Elden Ring, when Hidetaka Miyazaki is basically to disabled people what JK Rowling is to the LGBTQIA+ community

☝️

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

very strange that people are fine supporting Elden Ring, when Hidetaka Miyazaki is basically to disabled people what JK Rowling is to the LGBTQIA+ community

lol this is a good one

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Trickortreat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7QEo3LmVE

This video got recommended to me today and the situation even worse than that lmao

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I mean if you want to go down this road, this is basically every japanese developer ever lol

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Trickortreat posted:

The Atomic Heart devs seem to be trying their damndest to talk about how they relocated to Cyprus and how developers from "all over the world" "including Ukraine" are working on it and hide exactly how much development is actually going on in Russia, for what its worth. If the head of Mundfish had instead spent the last year making it known to the world how much Russia's invasion was great, glory to the motherland, death to Ukraine, etc. it would have gotten dropped from the Xbox showcase faster than you can say The Last Night.

However, maybe there's still time...

Pwnstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs7QEo3LmVE

This video got recommended to me today and the situation even worse than that lmao

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 7, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

worms butthole guy posted:

I mean if you want to go down this road, this is basically every japanese developer ever lol

That's right, Worms Butthole Guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

We go down that road every day on twitter dot com

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i wish you would go down a road full of trucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i wish you would go down a road full of trucks

i "went down" on your freaking mom lmao

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

F.D. Signifier posted:

The Atomic Heart devs seem to be trying their damndest to talk about how they relocated to Cyprus and how developers from "all over the world" "including Ukraine" are working on it and hide exactly how much development is actually going on in Russia, for what its worth. If the head of Mundfish had instead spent the last year making it known to the world how much Russia's invasion was great, glory to the motherland, death to Ukraine, etc. it would have gotten dropped from the Xbox showcase faster than you can say The Last Night.

They must be destroyed. We didn't survive the cold war so these ruskie jerks could imitate our culture

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Like most Avalanche games this will be on PS+/Game Pass in a few months so you can hold out if you really want your Ubisoft waypoint checklist fix

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So it’s confirmed this is a Ubisoft style game? Lol does it have towers then or is this more Witcher/assassins creed odyssey

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
hogfarts lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

F.D. Signifier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqRLVFRe9AU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

You climb a pile of dead goblin slaves to make more icons for boring busy work to show up on your map

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i "went down" on your freaking mom lmao

post this in the ps5 yhread and see who's laughing, punk!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Is this guy anti-circumcision? Cuz that is butchery where the kid isn't even consulted.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waltzing Along posted:

Is this guy anti-circumcision? Cuz that is butchery where the kid isn't even consulted.

It is, OP. if you want to know more, play Silent Hill 2

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why are nerds in this thread doing "what about this other game"

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

grieving for Gandalf posted:

do you really expect people on this forums to follow simple instructions

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Everyone loves messy drama

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they’re doing their best to illustrate why normal people ignore anything with roots in twitter drama

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/NoraReed/status/1622742620090007552

Control Volume posted:

They must be destroyed. We didn't survive the cold war so these ruskie jerks could imitate our culture
Did you watch the video

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Welcome to industry thread 2.0 :twisted:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nobody’s going to watch the video

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Tiny Timbs posted:

Nobody’s going to watch the video
I'm gonna watch Pwnstar's video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Mad Wack posted:

I was wrong about this - looks like drops went live at 11AM EST