Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Kenny Logins posted:

get the gee dee wahl plug in peanut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kenny Logins posted:

get the gee dee wahl plug in peanut

yo hit me up w/ a link!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's called the wahl peanut beep, i trust you to google that

any plug-in wahl will do you just fine though

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

yo hit me up w/ a link!

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-Clipper-Trimmer-8655-200/dp/B001FDKGIW/

you can find them in stores too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
my hairdresser uses you guessed it the wahl peanut. works a charm

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i just #4 everything from crown to chin every other week or so

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Why are you murdering your beards with clippers? It's not the 90s, grow it out!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

MrQueasy posted:

i did that for like 3 years, and the first bowl of ramen after clipping that thing off was loving magical

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i did that for like 3 years, and the first bowl of ramen after clipping that thing off was loving magical

Don't make ramen from your beard hair!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

MrQueasy posted:

i had to involuntarily grow mine out back in 2018 when i broke both my ankles and i'm not going back down that road again. i like it short to medium

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i just #4 everything

Kenny Logins posted:

i look for stick-outs and straighten the mustache lipline on sundays.

this tbh

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i buzz my head with a no guard. i’ll touch up the beard with scissors but it’s long enough that i don’t really have much trimming maintenance to do. i just oil it up post shower and blow dry it straight.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

oh! I thought you were calling me peanut.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

I don’t want my wife to banish me to the phantom zone so i will be keeping my beard in check tyvm.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

oh! I thought you were calling me peanut.
maybe i will until you post proof you got one, peanut

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i used to just do whatever I thought looked ok when trimming my beard and usually ended up over trimming because really i had no idea what I was doing. finally watched this video and it helped a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfyM48MtsY

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

saved for later viewing

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

polyester concept posted:

i used to just do whatever I thought looked ok when trimming my beard and usually ended up over trimming because really i had no idea what I was doing. finally watched this video and it helped a lot

Same

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

hah! the pinch-up trick. i like it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i use the clippers backswards, or upside down or whatever, don’t go against the grain

otherwise you end up like the ginger dude from modern family

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ed shereen?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

echinopsis posted:

i use the clippers backswards, or upside down or whatever, don’t go against the grain

otherwise you end up like the ginger dude from modern family

Lol, my beard doesn't grow in one direction... wtf is "the grain"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

echi is an ent. he was an extra in the two towers.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

every day different poo poo on me hurts. one day it’s a knee, another day it’s an ankle. lots of days it’s my back. today it’s my left thumb(???)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

MrQueasy posted:

if you’re a true shavehead you map out your entire face so you know the direction it’s growing at every spot

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i measure my head every day with calipers to make sure I’m not turning into a devious cretin or an irishman.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i also only drink wholesome beer. never unhealthy gin.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

MrQueasy posted:

this post is completely baffling to me

mystes
May 31, 2006

For some reason my facial hair has gotten really patchy so I'm not sure I could do a beard now even if I wanted to which will suck if I go bald

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Truman Peyote posted:

this post is completely baffling to me

I have to shave in like 40 different directions.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

saw thst ninja edit

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

President Beep posted:

saw thst ninja edit

I don't even know how the form submitted. I'm having a Tuesday

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
just grow a beard its easy.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i look like the before pic in this screenshot

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i just shaved my beard off on sunday and every time i do i'm like "oh man that feels much better, why did i even have a beard to begin with"

then i remembered i'm lazy as poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
also lol that someone doing a video hit for GQ looks like an old timey prospector

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I found the exact beard length that works for me. Any shorter and it looks goofy, any longer and I look like a teenager poorly trying to grow a beard.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

i measure my head every day with calipers to make sure I’m not turning into a devious cretin or an irishman.
:mad:t

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I didn’t say that’s bad! i just want to know what’s going on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
are you having mysterious cravings for potatoes and/or the catholic church