Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Everett False posted:

If you didn't listen to Thomas' statements, he spent considerable time second-guessing himself based on the fact that he would not have found the ways Andrew touched him upsetting if it had been their other friend Eli instead. He seemed to struggle with the idea that he could have different boundaries with different men, or that it was okay for him to be more physical with some friends and not others. If your only knowledge of the situation came from Andrew's statement, you'd assume Thomas said something very different about that friendship. There's no way that implication is accidental, and it's scummy as hell.

Especially since I watched their huge fundraiser marathon livestream they held for the Georgia runoff a couple years ago, and Eli was incredibly explicit about just how hot he found Legal Eagle during his segment. I've never really seen or heard from Eli before or since, though I know he gets referenced all the time. The idea that what Thomas said was some kind of "outing" seems bizarre.

Fuschia tude fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Miiind taking this to its own thread? Don’t mind a cross link should someone wish

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Yeah, not to diminish what they're all going through, but I prefer laughing at a fake crying baby and this real stuff is a bit too much for me

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So...uhh...Did you hear we didn't lose any planes in Veitnam? :v:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Well known the US did not bomb Vietnam at all.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

Well known the US did not bomb Vietnam at all.

Wouldn't have put it in my school history report if it wasn't true.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alex spending the next hour going "get a load of this guy" to every caller and guest was fun.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

Alex spending the next hour going "get a load of this guy" to every caller and guest was fun.

The cherry on top was getting Ron Paul involved.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Its so rare for Alex to be able to safely shoot down a conspiracy he had to milk it to say. "Hey listen not everything is a staged false flag with actors thing."

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think Dan made the right call with the SPLC article. I thought they would be funny but it turned out to be just sad. As an avid listener I am well aware of what a piece of poo poo Alex is (billion dollars level rear end in a top hat) and I found myself starting to feel bad for him. Maybe the next few will focus more on Sandy Hook truther stuff but the ones with his wife just make me sad. They make some of the relationships I've been in seem healthy and functional

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Some of Alex portraying a single guy saying something factually incorrect as "a controversy" still felt like bet-hedging. Like he felt pretty confident that it was nothing, but wanted to take the temp of his listeners first in case this was some new up-and-coming conspiracy he could get on the ground floor of. Which was extra funny to me. Like it was so batshit out there that even Alex had to be like "is there something I'm missing here or what".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think Dan made the right call with the SPLC article. I thought they would be funny but it turned out to be just sad. As an avid listener I am well aware of what a piece of poo poo Alex is (billion dollars level rear end in a top hat) and I found myself starting to feel bad for him. Maybe the next few will focus more on Sandy Hook truther stuff but the ones with his wife just make me sad. They make some of the relationships I've been in seem healthy and functional

While there's something to be said for the moral high ground or forgiveness as a virtue or whatever, I don't give Alex any of that in his relationships. That kind of redemption is earned through actions.

He wouldn't have such lovely relationships if he did not spend his entire life being a toxic, hateful cumstain. Being an emotionally manipulative pile of poo poo like his private security stalking for fears of cheating while cheating himself, then pulling full DARVO and acting like he's the innocent and hurt one is not an accident. That's emotional abuse poo poo.

He's doing that to other people and ruining their lives, then complaining that nobody loves him for the paragon of innocence and victimhood he is.

gently caress him he deserves it and I hope he hurts in his soul for every day of his life he continues to do so.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Thanks for posting the transcript. Except also ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I suppose there’s a world where that’s a sincere apology, but I’m not convinced it’s this one. And how often he harangued in the verb “to out (someone)” into there like a sack of weasels is not loving helping.

Also I listen to other podcasts that Eli is on and he's been pretty clear about being bisexual on things like God awful movies and the scathing atheist? So he's not actually outing him?

Edit: sorry tw didn't see your post

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

KitConstantine posted:

Also I listen to other podcasts that Eli is on and he's been pretty clear about being bisexual on things like God awful movies and the scathing atheist? So he's not actually outing him?

I don't listen to those and one of the few things I know about Eli is that he's bi.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

teen witch posted:

Miiind taking this to its own thread? Don’t mind a cross link should someone wish

Does someone have ideas for an OP? Guessing OA/PiaT & friends/maybe CA45 belong in a thread together, and we don't seem to have one for discussing any of the above, right?

I'm not sure I should be the one to actually make a thread, though.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yeah, I was hoping about how the sasuage is made at infowars and Office-esq hijinks.

I did not need to know about Jones sex life.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I dunno if we need a Thomas + surrounding universe thread. I'm good with just not talking about it here further unless it's more directly referencing Knowledge Fight like the Morgan tweet.

I just read the latest entry in the SPLC Jones texts series. Not sure his correspondence with Rogan needed a whole entry dedicated to it but I understand that's pretty juicy bait since Rogan is so huge. Jones continues to look desperate to get on any outlet that will draw more attention to him and Rogan comes off as as big a douche as ever. Definitely not just asking questions or having provocative guests on because it's amusing. As if there was still any doubt about any of that.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

The articles seem very focused on "Alex Jones is a sad, sad little man", which is fine, I guess. But it's not really the problem with Alex Jones.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I know people like to see hypocrisy called out and get a thrill from seeing a lovely person seemingly suffering, but I don't know. It's just kind of nothing. It feels like the constant "Trump is at his most isolated ever" articles we got for 4 years. A lot of wishful thinking that doesn't really matter. Maybe he's in a bad place. Maybe it was just a bad day. It's not making a difference and acting like it's anything more than tabloid stuff is kind of silly. Fine to rubberneck, but it's just rubbernecking at this point unless there's some really good texts that they're holding back.

Only stuff that seemed significant was the abuse of his private security to follow people, I guess, but I don't think there's any more meat to that other than Alex being awful in his relationships too.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wish that the Knowledge Fight boys were liking Fire Emblem Engage as much as I am

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
As the thread OP, I haven’t tried to damp down the OA talk simply because I am very mid-western and the thought of creating another thread just to gossip is horrifying. We are polite and talk poo poo in here where nobody can see.

But, yeah, maybe it deserves its own thread. I don’t know where one would put it since, for real, starting a new thread about what is most likely a dying podcast in the official podcast forum feels wrong.

You can bet your sweet bippy.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Marsupial Ape posted:

As the thread OP, I haven’t tried to damp down the OA talk simply because I am very mid-western and the thought of creating another thread just to gossip is horrifying. We are polite and talk poo poo in here where nobody can see.

But, yeah, maybe it deserves its own thread. I don’t know where one would put it since, for real, starting a new thread about what is most likely a dying podcast in the official podcast forum feels wrong.

You can bet your sweet bippy.

My thinking there was this OA thing is going to flare up and burn out, either slowly or apparently quickly, but it's the others that will keep going, and they're all in each other's extended universes to various overlapping degrees.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Fuschia tude posted:

My thinking there was this OA thing is going to flare up and burn out, either slowly or apparently quickly, but it's the others that will keep going, and they're all in each other's extended universes to various overlapping degrees.

I ain’t throwing shade. This is just a weird situation.

Also, my father was an Air Force ground mechanic and electrical engineer during Viet Nam. He can at least attest to setting up forward air fields and poo poo. He has this story about being flown from the middle of loving Viet Nam to the Florida Keys just to work on the back up generators at Nixon’s vacation home and then flown back to Viet Nam in like 72 hours. Fuckin’ weird side quests.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Referring to Alex being out and another employee covering his show that day, Dan's narration: "there's no one on Earth that has six hours of interesting things to say in a day, and if there is a person it's not Owen."

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

While there's something to be said for the moral high ground or forgiveness as a virtue or whatever, I don't give Alex any of that in his relationships. That kind of redemption is earned through actions.

He wouldn't have such lovely relationships if he did not spend his entire life being a toxic, hateful cumstain. Being an emotionally manipulative pile of poo poo like his private security stalking for fears of cheating while cheating himself, then pulling full DARVO and acting like he's the innocent and hurt one is not an accident. That's emotional abuse poo poo.

He's doing that to other people and ruining their lives, then complaining that nobody loves him for the paragon of innocence and victimhood he is.

gently caress him he deserves it and I hope he hurts in his soul for every day of his life he continues to do so.

100% gently caress Alex and this is all his own doing. According to his ex wife he's even worse off air then on. I don't put much stock in what she says because she clearly has an ax to grind and an agenda but going off these texts she wasn't wrong, and I can't help feeling a little bad for someone with that lovely of a life.

It's like watching Steve Buscemi get put in a wood chipper at the end of Fargo. He was a piece of poo poo and he deserved it, but that's got to suck.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Your Gay Uncle posted:

.According to his ex wife he's even worse off air then on.

He is undoubtedly drunker off air than he is on, at the very least

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
It depends on the context of "worse" because I can't even imagine him going into "show mode" in the middle of a conversation with someone he actually knows. It kind of requires him to be talking to no one in particular, or at least talking with people he actively doesn't respect. (Such as the Sandy Hook lawyers, for example.) Even during times when he is interviewing people on the show, he lapses into a mode that is less performatively manic. It's still not great, but it approaches everyday conversation.

It is interesting revisiting what we knew of Kelly Jones and when. I revisited the custody press conference episode not long ago, and it surprised me. Elizabeth Williamson wrote about the custody battle, and Kelly was actively losing the case. The divorce left her penniless and Alex had much better lawyers. ... but then Alex walked into the court and lapsed into "show mode" in front of the jury, horrifying them and reversing the flow of the case almost instantaneously.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Been a while since we had a Wacky Wednesday. What are Jim Semivan and Charlie Freak up to?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Pretty sure KF said they were done covering it but I have been checking out Project Camelot occasionally to see if Solomon Berg has been back on.

Just saw this notice when I clicked into the entry for Solomon Berg 2.

Due to the continued censorship on Youtube, Project Camelot will now be subscription-based.  NEW VIDEOS AND SHOWS will be available only through subscription while past videos will continue to be free on Youtube.  Please join us and subscribe to make it possible to continue this important work!

I think she's tried this before and Dan had to hit pause on covering PC because F giving Kerry money for it.

Also lol at "censored on YouTube... Watch the old videos on YouTube"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah Squatch was a KF listener so they're done with him, but not wacky in general. It's a shame nobody's found anything as good as Project Camelot out there. Kerry just has something special.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In case anyone didn't know the Dollop did an episode in their early days about Mark Richards. I don't remember if they get into Minerva but they do talk about Mark grooming teenagers into warrior assassin knights for his round table and his plans to build a laser to take over Marin County

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Ape0zUnT4

God I love Kerry

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I have suggested this before, but if you love Wacky Wednesday mostly-benign-ufo-weirdo stories, I really suggest The Saucer Life podcast. It’s produced by a history professor who is obsessed with the Contactee Movement of the 50s-80s. It’s all pre-Pendragon. As of this posting, the latest episode is about Dr. Peter Beter. Yes that’s a real name. Anyway, there are death rays, moonbases, and organic robotoids.

If anybody likes it, I’ll finally make a thread for it here in RGD. Aaron, the host, deserves attention.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I've been listening to it for a bit, it is fun but for me it's pretty different from Wacky Wednesday. I need to hear the insane person describing fighting ants on Mars or Kerry telling us about how Biden is actually Jim Carrey.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Ok. So you want the real hard poo poo?

Dark Matter Digital Network.

This is the fire hose. The programming is random as gently caress, but if there a psycho conspiracy podcast or ‘internet radio show’, it gets a play. You may get an old episode of C2CAM, you may get a wildly homophobic British guy saying the Kenosha shooting was a hoax. So, don’t blame me.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I used to listen to Dark Matter pretty regularly when Art Bell started it and then it started going down in quality when Heather Wade took over. The network had started because Art had gone to Sirius XM and then got fed up with it because it's Sirius XM and didn't have the same amount of listeners that would allow for a call in show. He starts up Dark Matter and gets some other alright shows but live programming was limited and it was mostly Dark Matter and some C2CAM reruns, although I think the current C2CAM has most that library. Eventually Art had got out of it under mysterious circumstances, allegedly he had credible death threats and attempts on his life by people from the Philippines, and Heather seemingly got conned by Art to buy all his stuff, a studio and equipment along with a trailer or something, and take over the show. I think Art was definitely not happy with that situation either, his health was obviously declining, and just picked Heather to be his successor. She was a fan who had interviewed him and he apparently thought she had the spark, or was a mark, and sold it to her. The show got progressively worse, Heather would spend the first half hour or so talking about her cats and not in a fun way but in a very sad, boring way. People hated it from the start and she got more and more frustrated. Eventually she quit after Art died and the people who bought the network were in a war with each other last I saw because one of them went all in on covid denier/truther stuff. He was also on the Alex Jones level of every mass shooting is fake so it wasn't that much of a stretch but I guess the other guy didn't agree with him on the covid stuff or saw it as a liability.

I stopped listening midway through Heather's run, it got George Noory levels of bad too in terms of programming, and I'm surprised it's still up. I guess it's not hard to host these things if you have a little money.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm a big fan of Dan's love for the phrase "bet your bippy" after discovering it, and how he's working it in any chance he can get.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I miss the "I'm Dan, this is 2020" joke

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So how likely is it that Alex starting a home studio that is definitely legally distinct from Free Speech Systems and probably under someone else's name will allow him to continue operating without conceding any of the profit to his financial vortex?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I'm assuming pulling this sort of BS was pretty routine by the sort of people who find such judgements made against them. You'd hope the courts would be wise to it, and it might even get them in legal trouble, but IANAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Mauser posted:

I miss the "I'm Dan, this is 2020" joke

I miss 2021BLACKJACK!