Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
alternately buy me a cert when I get banned, for posting the goatman itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I just got to the quest where you have the option to cut harry's dick off and become a non-binary demisexual wizard. What is the optimal option here in terms of DPS and quest rewards?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i just looked at the specs for this ya only boomers are going to be even able to afford to have a pc to run this jesus christ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Books On Tape posted:

I just got to the quest where you have the option to cut harry's dick off and become a non-binary demisexual wizard. What is the optimal option here in terms of DPS and quest rewards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARspoAmDUKE

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
also, play dark and darker which is free to play alpha till the 13th way better game than this probably i like rogue

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mnoba posted:

i just looked at the specs for this ya only boomers are going to be even able to afford to have a pc to run this jesus christ

Are you sure you're not looking at another game? The recommended specs are a 1080Ti.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mnoba posted:

also, play dark and darker which is free to play alpha till the 13th way better game than this probably i like rogue

:yeah: this game is really great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only serious post i will make in this thread: its weird that when some streamer's chat descends into chaos because of dudes posting insane transphobe poo poo and other people saying the streamer is a transphobe, and then those two sides arguing, its only the latter group that gets blamed

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Are you sure you're not looking at another game? The recommended specs are a 1080Ti.

when the min says ssd prefered i know i'm in trouble lol

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Endorph posted:

the only serious post i will make in this thread: its weird that when some streamer's chat descends into chaos because of dudes posting insane transphobe poo poo and other people saying the streamer is a transphobe, and then those two sides arguing, its only the latter group that gets blamed

yeah it's a pretty disgusting tactic. rile up a group of people by dehumanizing them and then when they bite back go "whoa, look at how out of control these people are! so much for tolerance, am i right?"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mnoba posted:

That's going to be the baseline from now on

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Mnoba posted:

The Switch port is going to be fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Donated $60 to https://transequality.org/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mnoba posted:

lol fair, yeah it's not a game that is on Xbox One and PS4. Going forward games are going to start requiring an SSD.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I think they're making ports for those as well as switch.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Games fun

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

it is really funny that i thought this game was going to be a school life sim or something and then i saw gameplay footage and it just looked like destiny 2.

The early marketing leaned into immersing yourself in magical life so no not really surprising.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Books On Tape posted:

why is Harry having bottom surgery if they're non-binary?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Well now that were in the stage of intensely weird jokes, I think its time I head out

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

flipendeez nuts

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The game is now at 1.2M concurrent Twitch viewers. I'm pretty sure that even Elden Ring peaked at measly 900k.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Reik posted:

Quoting an epic post

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BoldFace posted:

The game is now at 1.2M concurrent Twitch viewers. I'm pretty sure that even Elden Ring peaked at measly 900k.

The supposed boycott is giving the game more attention

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Arrrthritis posted:

yeah it's a pretty disgusting tactic. rile up a group of people by dehumanizing them and then when they bite back go "whoa, look at how out of control these people are! so much for tolerance, am i right?"

Yep. That's "It's ma'am!" in a nutshell.

Bully a trans woman until she lashes back, selectively cut the video, hold any and every trans person responsible for her behavior at the end of her rope as though she's representative of the calmest trans person on their best day.

Don't forget to make it a joke you regurgitate as often and mindlessly as possible with the "is just joke" defense at hand. Especially in mediums/spaces designed for young men.

But this forum goes over these tactics so exhaustingly often we have a fuckin emote for it :umberto:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

BoldFace posted:

Yeah it seems generally well liked

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The supposed boycott is giving the game more attention

You might be surprised to find out that harry potter is more popular than dark souls.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Reik posted:

You might be surprised to find out that harry potter is more popular than dark souls.

THat's what happens when you actually have accessibility op.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

BoldFace posted:

There's a lot of idiots out there, Marvel movies popularity proves this.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Reik posted:

Yeah I don't think "boycott's giving it attention" holds any water when it comes to giant IP like Harry Potter or Star Wars or whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its the stunning power of the greatest trans rep in the history of video games, sirona ryan. #transwin

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1623031151521857536?s=20&t=zE6BQGfHums2EB5NkoUWvw

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

So streamers aren't even not streaming out of solidarity as they are afraid of being bullied. Well drat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

can you post more twitter embeds with no context, i think that would benefit this thread a lot

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
why is everyone bullying me on twitch for streaming prison architect with the gas chamber mod :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id rather discuss this twitter embed instead

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1622986194475708419

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Reik posted:

They got some real bad advice because its the 18-hundreds and its the religiously conservative wizarding world of this franchise?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a local lesbian/sex predator got called out for, among other things, a) being a financial abuser and b) claiming to be plural and have an Adolf Hitler alter

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

TheWorldsaStage posted:

So streamers aren't even not streaming out of solidarity as they are afraid of being bullied. Well drat

I had a cynical feeling it'd be like this, you wouldn't want to miss out on all those views as a streamer. Though I do have hope that's not the case for every streamer.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I saw that tweet earlier and I did that head tilt dogs do when they just do not comprehend something at all. A literal reincarnation :psyduck:

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

a local lesbian/sex predator got called out for, among other things, a) being a financial abuser and b) claiming to be plural and have an Adolf Hitler alter

lmao every thing i learn about this clip just makes it better. incredible content.