Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

ReelBigLizard posted:

smoking a big bifter rn, a real fattybombatty

Huge fan of the word bifter, sad that Ive never found a reason to use it here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

Y'all need to smoke some weed

You're the boss.

:orb::350:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the best use of my dynavap is packing it, heating it, and emptying it in the time it takes my arizer to heat up.

and then i dont have to wait to use the arizer after!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

maxe posted:

Huge fan of the word bifter, sad that Ive never found a reason to use it here

What are your local/national Words of Weed?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Do not sing Dyna dyna dyna dyna vap to yourself to the Thundercats theme when you use it because you'll get stuck always doing it.

But might as well now that you've suffered the memetic curse I guess.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ReelBigLizard posted:

Bong
Weed
Bud
Yindi/yarndi
Pot

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'm from the UK and I'm not sure if it's local, but older people around here refer to weed as "blow", which I've only ever heard used for cocaine anywhere else

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
is 8:17 am too early to start smoking

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

So you’re getting addicted to something that’s not addictive.

psychological addiction is real addiction. it won't kill you like physical addictions can, but it can certainly gently caress up your life pretty good

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

is 8:17 am too early to start smoking

not at all.

i wake up between 7 and 730 am every day. i make coffee and do pushups while i'm waiting for it to brew and then i sit outside and get vape weed oil and listen to an album i have not heard before, then i go inside and make a bagel and eat it while reading one chapter of whatever book im reading. then i roll a joint and smoke it with a second cup of coffee and either re-listen to the best tracks from the album i heard, or listen to something that will get me into the appropriate headspace. then i go inside and work.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Earwicker posted:

psychological addiction is real addiction. it won't kill you like physical addictions can, but it can certainly gently caress up your life pretty good

weed absolutely creates a physical tolerance complete with dependence and reliable physical withdrawal symptoms, especially when quickly ceasing use from high levels. It's not the sort of physical withdrawal that can kill you but that's actually very rare (benzos and alcohol, mostly, and even there it's extremely uncommon -- opiate withdrawal makes people wish they were dying for periods of time sometimes, but actually is pretty safe for everything except your underwear/linens).

The most common cannabis withdrawal effect is insomnia (which straddles a line between physical and psychology, but appears to have a strong mechanistic basis, because THC is an incredible releaser of melatonin); the most common purely physical daytime symptom is sweating, followed by GI disturbance and reflux IIRC.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24724880/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34791767/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24724880/

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i am 1000% percent addicted to weed marijuana. i think it depends person to person

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive definitely experienced insomnia as a withdrawel symptom but never the sweating or gi stuff. depression and irritation though for sure

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

ReelBigLizard posted:

we don't use eighths, we use half-quarters

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Stressful meetings today, one done, and one in 30

Not so much like I'm worried, this job is just new still and I am still feeling out expectations / how they do things

My dynavap and arizer wait for the minute after my meeting is over

don't get comfortable in there, anxiety

e. just discovered a bunch of material from my presentation earlier has been put up on our project collaboration board, that's good! I think I didn't gently caress up!

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 7, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i wish there was a way i never had to go to work again

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Weed was there

when you won the big game

Weed was there

when you nailed your presentation

Weed was there

when you ate all that pizza

weed was there

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

weed's in my hair

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish there was a way i never had to go to work again

:haibrower:

I was fired last week. I will have to go back to work again, but not today

although fr i'm switching to CBD next week because I got a lotta computer toucher certifications to pass

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LifeSunDeath posted:

Weed was there

when you won the big game

Weed was there

when you nailed your presentation

Weed was there

when you ate all that pizza

weed was there

it truly was

Done with my day, presentations / meetings went fine. my anxiety sucks and I wish weed didn't make me aggressively lose my train of thought mid-sentence or I'd vape more during the day

If I am alone and just working on documentation or w/e, hell yeah keep that dynavap hot

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Do you use the induction heater or just blast it with a bic.

And why are there like 40 designs

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Jestery posted:

Yindi/yarndi

Not heard that one, is it something specific?

forest spirit posted:

we don't use eighths, we use half-quarters

That's fuicked up OP

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I'm from the UK and I'm not sure if it's local, but older people around here refer to weed as "blow", which I've only ever heard used for cocaine anywhere else

I'm UK adjacent and I've heard it called puff? I've also heard Green used to mean specifically bud (as opposed to hash). Locally we would call hash "Diesel" because it all came in hidden in the fuel tanks of boats and it always had an edge of diesel to it. Grow ops are basically a guaranteed arrest here because everyone is so loving nosey so all we had was hash for a long time. Now we have 10% of the population on medical for two years and hash is a rare treat.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Weed place gave me a freebie, looks like someone with a lung infection hocked on some wax paper

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Weed place gave me a freebie, looks like someone with a lung infection hocked on some wax paper

sounds legit af. also I read your post three times before I realized they didn't give you a frisbee.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my place didn't give me a frisbee :(

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
You don't hear it called dope much these days.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

lids of dope deseeded on a frisbee isn't something you see these days.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 8, 2023

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i’ve only ever heard ‘bifter’ from dudes from the UK who are like over 40 and as i don’t fall into that category i feel i can’t use it but it is a very good word

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carlos Lantana posted:

You don't hear it called dope much these days.

The only people who use the term dope for weed are cops.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Smoking a bowl of Sundae Driver and reading documentation.

What a world.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Holland Oates posted:

What a world.

I see that and raise you bowls of spacewalker in the dynavap while writing documentation

I will review when sober lol

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Mozi posted:

my place didn't give me a frisbee :(

mine technically gave me a floatation device (seeds float) :raise:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Waffle! posted:

The only people who use the term dope for weed are cops.

I went looking for a pic of Fat Freddy dressed as a cop.
Found this gem instead

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Carlos Lantana posted:

I went looking for a pic of Fat Freddy dressed as a cop.
Found this gem instead

gently caress

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Holland Oates posted:

What a world.

A friend of mine bought some of that recently. It was pretty decent, but it came from a $50/oz store.

I'm smoking a guava and lemoncane blend at the moment. Sativas while the sun's out.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Code Jockey posted:

I see that and raise you bowls of spacewalker in the dynavap while writing documentation

I will review when sober lol

Buddy I don't even know how to read rn, tell me about the documentation adventure later, lol.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

ReelBigLizard posted:

an aboriginal australian term

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carlos Lantana posted:

gently caress

gently caress yeah, 3DMM owns. I should play it while high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ReelBigLizard posted:

Local first nations word , you don't hear it much, but it's present