Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Coolness Averted posted:

I know these tabloid things are mostly fake, but it reminds me of how much it sucks when a kid's body and style trends overlap with the latest moral panic. Like I know fades and 'short everywhere but the front/top' is popular with kids, my little brother has ridiculously curly hair, so if he just copied the current trend he'd be a hoodlum if he lived in the bog people islands.

If it's any consolation I think this particular moral panic existed purely in the fevered imaginations of tabloid editors, I doubt if 0.01% of the population ever thought about it more than "lol that's a funny name for a haircut"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's England m80 if you don't like it get the boat, simple as.

:britain:

I would like the boat please

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've only ever seen that cut referred to (in English) As a 'fuckboy haircut'.

e: Don't think I've seen it on kids' heads, more like 20-somethings. But then I'm not English.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: Don't think I've seen it on kids' heads, more like 20-somethings. But then I'm not English.

My gal and I call it a TikTok haircut.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I call it the 3D Megadoodoo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

My gal and I call it a TikTok haircut.

Makes sense.

e: The only person I actually know (like, enough to say "hi" to) sporting one was on a season of Temptation Island.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Like I said my 18 year old brother has it, but as mentioned he is a baby and I am old, also he didn't specifically get a perm, the kid basically has 3 hairstyle options, a buzz, this, or a jewfro. I've never been able to convince him to grow out the jewfro, sadly. His grandfather rocked an amazing one in the 70's and it would be cool to have photos of both of them with the same hairstyle.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

behold the negative tiktok haircut

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Is that comedy writer Ethan T Berlin?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Remulak posted:

Is that comedy writer Ethan T Berlin?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I will never understand getting upset about kids and their ugly hair

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

this guy seems epic

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

drat I was just thinking about bobcat today

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

yes I know its bill bailey they look the same

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I had stupid hair as a child will: but when I became a man, I put away childish things like having hair

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Instead of acknowledging that you are growing older and your generation is no longer the focus of popular media and culture and that's fine, you can yell about how kids' haircuts are actually satanic cult symbols or whatever as a proxy for your own unaddressed fear of aging.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Professor Shark posted:

The solution is to take lots of photos so you can brutally mock them twenty years later, not banning the stupid haircut.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Shame Boy posted:

Instead of acknowledging that you are growing older and your generation is no longer the focus of popular media and culture and that's fine, you can yell about how kids' haircuts are actually satanic cult symbols or whatever as a proxy for your own unaddressed fear of aging.

Lol okay buddy

You can just admit the haircut it dumb. It's okay, kids always have dumb haircuts and have since the dawn of the haircut

When I was a kid it was the height of fashion to shave the sides of your head all the way down and wear the top in a long, lank mess. It was stupid as poo poo and none of us needed some internet guy to defend our stupid as poo poo haircuts

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Skullets never go out of style.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

Lol okay buddy

You can just admit the haircut it dumb. It's okay, kids always have dumb haircuts and have since the dawn of the haircut

When I was a kid it was the height of fashion to shave the sides of your head all the way down and wear the top in a long, lank mess. It was stupid as poo poo and none of us needed some internet guy to defend our stupid as poo poo haircuts

I'm not saying they're not dumb, I'm saying people who get mad at them for being dumb are using it as a proxy for their own anxiety over aging.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I get mad at them for being dumb and for your information I am deathly afraid of aging :smuggo:

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Shame Boy posted:

I'm not saying they're not dumb, I'm saying people who get mad at them for being dumb are using it as a proxy for their own anxiety over aging.
Well that and probably more about how today's no good teens are just lazy and bad.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

I get mad at them for being dumb and for your information I am deathly afraid of aging :smuggo:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Focus that anger on something more productive, like ridding your neighborhood of solicitors.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

mawarannahr posted:

this guy seems epic

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Heihachi lost a lot of muscle mass while on chemo, but he seemed happy at the time

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you're not taking part in the glorious new Mullet Renaissance I don't know what to tell you

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think we should go back to male children wearing dresses until age 5 honestly

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

We live in 2023

Identical unisex silver jumpsuits for everyone

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Heihachi, you bald gently caress, what the gently caress did you do to Kazuya?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Manager Hoyden posted:

We live in 2023

Identical unisex Mao jumpsuits for everyone

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

We live in 2023

If it's truly the future I want to print a new paper outfit every morning and feed it into the incinerator at night

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Manager Hoyden posted:

We live in 2023

It's the only way to truly be fair to everyone, because even the most beautiful people will still look terrible. Finally a level playing field.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Focus that anger on something more productive, like ridding your lawn of those drat kids and their skateboards.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Solicitor spotted.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

how the gently caress is ip stealing even real

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHXBacEH0qo

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Lol at the end, how all the consumers just need to "make it clear what we want." The corporations all just got confused and thought we loved buying worthless bullshit, we should make it clear that this is not the case!

These days, even premium brands (especially clothes) are still garbage that falls apart immediately. I fell for that a few times, best to just buy H&M clothes that are still poo poo, but at least cheap.

Laptops are about as bad. I had two "nice" in a row brick themselves just out of warranty. gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ArmZ posted:

how the gently caress is ip stealing even real

The capitalism defender has logged on: making a thing that works sometimes takes thousands of hours to sketch, prototype, test and so forth. The person doing that labour should be compensated so they can eat. But if someone just goes "yeah, that's a good and well tested product, I'll make it for a fraction of the price because I don't have to make up for all the food I ate the last year", that kinda sucks.

Obviously, the real answer is to separate income and labour. And in reality it's not some inventor but a scummy corporation, but the basic principle is not our enemy.