Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

aniviron posted:

I've seen a lot of Dagoth Ur shitposts the last few days, but for some reason I never considered just completing the voice lines.

Wonder if that'd work for the rest of the game's lines.

Theres already a few in the works to voice female imperial guard idle lines, which makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

aniviron posted:

I've seen a lot of Dagoth Ur shitposts the last few days, but for some reason I never considered just completing the voice lines.

Redo Oblivion's blue skinned bosmer into appropriately gruff black lung victims.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Redo Oblivion's blue skinned bosmer into appropriately gruff black lung victims.

This combined with all the amazing mods that have come out since it's release would make it 2/5th playable. Almost there

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

aniviron posted:

I tried to get the male Dunmer voice lines, but despite using the same method as people use for Dagoth Ur's the voice lacks the gravelly, hosed up smoker's voice that the Dunmer have. What comes out sounds a lot like a more prim verison of Joshua Graham's voice, which is ironic considering his voice actor did the Dunmer of Skyrim.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Getting back into modding this again – seeing what the newest mods are and cramming as many in as I can before going and playing something else.

Except this time when I was testing out some mods my 8yo daughter was watching me and started asking about what this was (she has played lots of Zelda and likes those). Started explaining some basics and she of course wanted to make her own character. Rolled up a woodelf who she liked the look of best. And we headed out – no expectations, no knowledge of what is around the next corner. Just heading off on an adventure.

Words can’t describe how great it is to watch someone play through this game for the first time – stuff like Ashfall makes it so much better - she is obsessed with making sure we have food and drink. Can’t wait to get into Dave’s furniture mod as well.

We are of course playing a complete good character – no stealing. No killing NPCs. Even talking to the Thieves Guild members is wrong.

Every session she is like “Dad, Morrowind is the best game ever.”

Yes. Yes it is.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

V for Vegas posted:

Getting back into modding this again – seeing what the newest mods are and cramming as many in as I can before going and playing something else.

Except this time when I was testing out some mods my 8yo daughter was watching me and started asking about what this was (she has played lots of Zelda and likes those). Started explaining some basics and she of course wanted to make her own character. Rolled up a woodelf who she liked the look of best. And we headed out – no expectations, no knowledge of what is around the next corner. Just heading off on an adventure.

Words can’t describe how great it is to watch someone play through this game for the first time – stuff like Ashfall makes it so much better - she is obsessed with making sure we have food and drink. Can’t wait to get into Dave’s furniture mod as well.

We are of course playing a complete good character – no stealing. No killing NPCs. Even talking to the Thieves Guild members is wrong.

Yes. Yes it is.

Please keep posting about your adventures together

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
How is she with the combat does she need the cat companion?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

V for Vegas posted:

Yes. Yes it is.
This is adorable.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I installed the Twin Lamps and Slave Hunters mod, but I can't seem to join the twin lamps? There's the guy at Stendarr's Retreat who says he is the man to talk to, but when I select the topic he says he can't help with that.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
She is worried why she started off in a prison ship with that ‘creepy dark elf’ and what she could have done to end up in jail. Definitely trying to live a reformed life now she is out.

Not to say we don’t bend the rules. She originally felt sorry for Fargoth and returned his ring. But he is too ugly so has become our sworn enemy! (She was not pleased to learn he was a wood elf like her). Despite the ‘no stealing’ policy, she was more than happy to steal the ring from his tree stump. But would not hear of not returning the gold to Hrisskar, because that was stealing!

Haven’t done much combat so far. All the monsters are much uglier (everything is nice or ugly) than the Bokoblins in Breath of the Wild (her favourite game – she can beat Ganon solo). Is amazed by the fact that weapons don’t just break in this game. She really likes the cooking in BotW so just wants to do lots of cooking in MW too – I have to say the Ashfall system for this is very good.

We are playing this with Morrowind ‘as is’ with all the mods I have been installing – so Harder Barter, MDMD, Ashfall and dozens more. I’m doing all the controlling so its up to me to git gud if we hit a rough patch.

Up to Balmora now, she likes that House Hlaalu is nice to outlanders, because we are an outlander. But now getting lots of questions about where wood elves come from and who all the different races are. I'm going to have to brush up on my Tamriel lore to keep ahead of the curve.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i think i would be very careful about revealing information about the bosmer to an 8 year old

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
smdh, even an 8 year old instantly recognises her higher place in the colonial hierarchy and is working with the comprador bourgeoisie.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
She even gets that weapon degradation was stupid

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Jazerus posted:

i think i would be very careful about revealing information about the bosmer to an 8 year old

I had something like this happen when my 4 yr old niece and I were looking through old kids books at my mom's. I grabbed the fairy tale book with the huge full page illustrations and didn't remember it was the classic versions of the fairy tales and boy howdy did Little Mermaid get awkward. That said, if I can figure out how to leave out the knives in the feet you can probably glaze over the cannibalism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If 8 year old Catholics can learn about Transubstantiation she can learn about the Green Pact.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

HootTheOwl posted:

She even gets that weapon degradation was stupid
Not if she likes Breath of the Wild.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
If she is set on House Hlaalu, the sponsorship with Crassius Curio might be a little strange for an eight year old.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Node posted:

If she is set on House Hlaalu, the sponsorship with Crassius Curio might be a little strange for an eight year old.

I definitely remember not understanding what was going on with that guy, when I first played. I was quite young

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I think I was a similar age when I first played this game, and I understood that he was a deadbeat: messy room, isn't dressed, seems to have more or less given up on his organisation. I remember thinking that the skooma stuff (like pipes) were similar to the other weird alchemical aparatus you get in the game.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Chatrapati posted:

I think I was a similar age when I first played this game, and I understood that he was a deadbeat: messy room, isn't dressed, seems to have more or less given up on his organisation. I remember thinking that the skooma stuff (like pipes) were similar to the other weird alchemical aparatus you get in the game.

That's a different guy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

If you get your strength high enough you can still break weapons in one hit but at least they can be repaired.

There's definitely some stuff in the game I'd be leery about letting an 8 year old see/read. There's a dremora in one of the temple quests (he just hangs out in... Maar Gan?) who says he'll rape your corpse for example, which honestly feels like a weird thing to be in the game at the best of times. Also anything to do with Molag Bal.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Slugworth posted:

Not if she likes Breath of the Wild.

She's a child. Children are stupid.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

a7m2 posted:

That's a different guy

Oh yeah. I haven't actually played Morrowind in over a decade (waiting for TR to finish), so I forget this stuff. I think my point was that 8 year-olds will interpret what's going on through their own lenses.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The 36 Lessons of Vivec build character in a child

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chatrapati posted:

Oh yeah. I haven't actually played Morrowind in over a decade (waiting for TR to finish), so I forget this stuff. I think my point was that 8 year-olds will interpret what's going on through their own lenses.

lol just play it dude

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

If you get your strength high enough you can still break weapons in one hit but at least they can be repaired.

There's definitely some stuff in the game I'd be leery about letting an 8 year old see/read. There's a dremora in one of the temple quests (he just hangs out in... Maar Gan?) who says he'll rape your corpse for example, which honestly feels like a weird thing to be in the game at the best of times. Also anything to do with Molag Bal.

One of the dreams Dagoth Ur sends you about becoming his bride is pretty eek, too.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arivia posted:

One of the dreams Dagoth Ur sends you about becoming his bride is pretty eek, too.

He's a handsome prnce who wants a princess. Kids love that stuff

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015
There are the 'sexual harassment remover' and 'less triggering Morrowind' mods which might be useful if playing with a kid.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Lmao you guys, I'm not actually explaining what cannibalism and pederasty is. We're clothes shopping, trying out recipes and saving up for a house.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
You can also teach about the perversity of land ownership & squatters rights via Hlaalo Manor

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

V for Vegas posted:

Lmao you guys, I'm not actually explaining what cannibalism and pederasty is. We're clothes shopping, trying out recipes and saving up for a house.

Oh I see, just let her learn herself on the mean streets of Vivec City.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ChatGPT: Tell me a story of a poor khajit stealing a load of bread in Pelaigad to get by, narrowly avoiding the Imperial Guard

Once upon a time, in the city of Pelagiad, there lived a poor Khajiit named S'rendarr. He lived on the fringes of society and struggled to make ends meet. Despite his best efforts, he often went hungry and struggled to provide for himself and his family.

One day, as he walked through the market, he came across a cart loaded with fresh bread. The aroma of the warm, crusty loaves filled the air and S'rendarr's stomach growled with hunger. Without a second thought, he reached out and grabbed a loaf, slipping it into his pocket.

As he made his way through the crowded street, he heard the sound of shouting behind him. It was the Imperial Guard, calling out for him to stop. S'rendarr's heart raced as he broke into a run, dodging through the busy stalls and dodging past startled shoppers.

He darted down a narrow alleyway, the sound of the guard's footsteps echoing behind him. He stumbled over a pile of crates and nearly fell, but he regained his footing and kept running. He could hear the guard getting closer, but he refused to give up. He pushed himself harder, his legs pumping furiously as he ran towards the edge of the city.

Finally, S'rendarr emerged from the alleyway and saw the open fields beyond. He sprinted towards the freedom of the countryside, his heart pounding with fear and excitement. Just as he thought he was safe, he felt a hand grab his shoulder. He spun around, ready to fight, but to his surprise, he found himself face to face with an old woman.

She smiled kindly at him and offered him a piece of bread from her own basket. S'rendarr was shocked, but grateful. He took the bread and ate it gratefully, feeling the warmth of the woman's kindness filling him. The Imperial Guard never caught up to him, and S'rendarr made his way back to his home, grateful for the unexpected kindness of the old woman. From that day on, S'rendarr always remembered the importance of kindness and the power it held to change even the direst of circumstances.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

ChatGPT tell me a story about a lusty argonian maid :spergin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ChatGPT describe my death to a nix-hound after I completely run out of potions and get an unlucky knockdown with like 6 hours since my last save

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

somehow i never bothered with potions, i know they're overpowered but something about having to take an energy drink instead of relying on the inherent inner strength of my character turns me off a little

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I really only tend to use potions to restore things. Not preemptively.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Every 8 year old knows about cannibalism. Bit I would not want to expose a child to CHIM.

hooah posted:

I really only tend to use potions to restore things. Not preemptively.

Same.

Unless I'm playing as a mage.

With my ever full playyhrough ages ago, as an Orc barbarian, I even barely used health potions unless I was in a real bind. If I couldn't kill it with a couple of hits with my axe I was dead anyway so why bother with potions?

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 8, 2023

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Shibawanko posted:

somehow i never bothered with potions, i know they're overpowered but something about having to take an energy drink instead of relying on the inherent inner strength of my character turns me off a little

Yeah potions are only good if making a character with the intention of going full abuse mode and make the insane stat boosting ones with effects that last for days, if I'm not doing that I'm not using potions basically

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I use the mod that has a cooldown on potions and it's p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Real winners don't do skooma.