Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

we don't know that for sure

put me in coach

What would a sphere know about a game involving a non-spherical ball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

The Saints beat the Eagles this year. Therefore I believe Kansas City will win 438-3.

i was about to say "when" because i completely forgot the 2 non Jalen weeks happened :v:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Strobe posted:

Lmao I didn't think about that at all but having 32 out of 78 sacks be against the rest of the NFC East is hilarious.

Outside the NFC East the Eagles are putting up 3.8 sacks a game and while that's still pretty drat good it's not The Most Ever good.

Chiefs sacked the AFC West 25/55, or nearly half their total. It kinda helps when you play other teams in your division twice I guess? :shrug:

Edit: and I don't get what the QB has to do with it. Burrow got sacked a billion times last year but I don't think anyone is clamoring for his backup.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Quiet Feet posted:

Chiefs sacked the AFC West 25/55, or nearly half their total. It kinda helps when you play other teams in your division twice I guess? :shrug:

Also when those teams happen to be bad

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

I suspect the Chiefs and Eagles are both pretty good at rushing the passer (the Eagles obviously are to me, NFC East or not) but the Chiefs need to blitz more to get there unless Chris Jones is going off.

That's like Spags' whole thing, so it's by design for better or worse.

Yeah that is the big key difference. Chiefs blitz so much to reach their big sack numbers, Eagles can rush 4 and count on Reddick beating Wylie or Graham or whoever beating Orlando. I wish the Chiefs run the ball extra, and am more nervous about the Eagles than the Bengals who had the Chiefs number totally. A running QB will also dominate the slow Chiefs linebackers.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Now I'm remember the Carson Wentz Revenge Game, where the Eagles got revenge on Carson Wentz for having to deal with his dumb poo poo for years by sacking the hell outta him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah that is the big key difference. Chiefs blitz so much to reach their big sack numbers, Eagles can rush 4 and count on Reddick beating Wylie or Graham or whoever beating Orlando. I wish the Chiefs run the ball extra, and am more nervous about the Eagles than the Bengals who had the Chiefs number totally. A running QB will also dominate the slow Chiefs linebackers.

If Willie Gay is back he should be the spy (in my opinion that is) if they use one and is plenty fast, but that puts Bolton into coverage. So yeah you're picking your poison there with the LBs.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i feel like "lol they got so many of their sacks against the nfc east" ignores the fact that the nfc east was historically great this year? like they almost sent all four teams to the playoffs and put together one of the best combined records for a division in league history

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

i feel like "lol they got so many of their sacks against the nfc east" ignores the fact that the nfc east was historically great this year? like they almost sent all four teams to the playoffs and put together one of the best combined records for a division in league history

The NFCE had an incredibly easy schedule, yes.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The East got to play the AFC South and NFC North, which certainly helped things.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The eagles were genuinely very good, Cowboys were pretty good and the other two teams took advantage of their schedule.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Again, all the bad QBs was still a harder schedule than the Chiefs played

Going to need some clarification on this post

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

MrLogan posted:

The NFCE had an incredibly easy schedule, yes.

So did the AFC West, and yet the division barely scraped past the .500 mark. There were a lot of bad teams this year, but you still have to be decent-to-good to actually beat 'em with any kind of consistency. It's not like the NFCE was packed with dominant teams, but shrugging off what the Eagles did to the rest of their division when that division was, as a whole, head and shoulders above every other one in the league just seems stupid.

The whole line of discussion got started because someone pointed to the Eagles getting 32 of their 78 sacks against the NFC East as being indicative of their numbers being fraudulent, but as was pointed out:

Quiet Feet posted:

Edit: and I don't get what the QB has to do with it. Burrow got sacked a billion times last year but I don't think anyone is clamoring for his backup.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think the Eagles have both had an easy cakewalk schedule/playoffs so far and are also a legit all-around team that should handle the Chiefs fine.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Ok but note how badly they did sacking the good qbs minus Herbie who plays offense behind a layer of paper towels
TLaw plays behind a worse OL than Herbie and as Pontius Pilate said they only sacked him 3.5/game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Toaster Beef posted:

So did the AFC West, and yet the division barely scraped past the .500 mark. There were a lot of bad teams this year, but you still have to be decent-to-good to actually beat 'em with any kind of consistency. It's not like the NFCE was packed with dominant teams, but shrugging off what the Eagles did to the rest of their division when that division was, as a whole, head and shoulders above every other one in the league just seems stupid.

The whole line of discussion got started because someone pointed to the Eagles getting 32 of their 78 sacks against the NFC East as being indicative of their numbers being fraudulent, but as was pointed out:

I said it was "still pretty drat good but not The Most Ever good" but if that reads as "fraudulent" to you be my guest.

Every butthurt Eagles fan immediately leaping out to BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHIEFS NUMBERS about the most mild criticism possible has been pretty funny though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Our buttfrustration will receive the prep h of your favorite team being broken over the Eagles’ knee, worry not, young Strobe.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nobody in the NFL is good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Still waiting to hear what kind of algorithm yall running through to come up with the idea that Philly had a harder strength of schedule

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0tUJnRFcIY

Views:
Rob_Lowe_NFL_Hat.jpg in food form. :discourse:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Schedule by DVOA has KC as the 29th hardest and Philly as the 32nd. They were pretty close while both being “easy” schedules.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

shyduck posted:

Nobody in the NFL is good

Our sweet child Tua is too brain scrambled to hold evil in his heart.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Dallas was Philadelphia’s best opponent. Their full strength team almost lost to Cooper Rush. Their Hurtsless team sacked Dak 6 times in a losing effort.

The Chiefs are basically the only other good team they’re going to face.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao

https://twitter.com/FYFJohnLuke/status/1623118245749305344?t=iJZUAJg0Wef3b7K6TVg1pg&s=19

And high as a kite!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lol

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Trevor recognizes it's still a pandemic, and this is the way of things.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Goat

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao that rules

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Imagine putting this in your shitter

And not using it as a piss target

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1623132762000564224

lol everybody knows the Raiders don't want to pay the roster bonus next week, they'll be forced to cut him and get nothing.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 8, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

don't piss on eisenhower and teddy please

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cthulu Carl posted:

loving Teddy would be beating Reagan to death with the table lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

why is ford even at the table instead of like

well

ok i guess ford is fine

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cthulu Carl posted:

Trump's face is in the toilet.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
That's probably the one with trump inserted

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

loving Teddy would be beating Reagan to death with the table lol

I don't know but I know for sure he's coming strapped to that table, either openly or carrying a derringer.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Cthulu Carl posted:

Lol didn't even realize it was a McNaughton

Wait maybe not! It's some dude named Andy Thomas

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 8, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

George Bush's face looks like he broke his jaw

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Lol didn't even realize it was a McNaughton

Wait maybe not! It's some dude named Andy Thomas

He also did one with Democrats

https://medium.com/@joe_donatelli/an-interview-with-andy-thomas-creator-of-the-presidents-playing-poker-paintings-4b227936e434

Edit: Kind of a fan of Parrothead Truman tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I prefer the poker dogs