Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who ya got?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs 42 41.18%
Eagles 60 58.82%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's Super Bowl week!

It's the Philadelphia Eagles, led by this guy!

Against the Kansas City Chiefs, led by this man!

I think it's gonna be high-scoring and close but Andy will win the hot dog eating portion of the competition.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm kinda chill about this one, to be honest.

Philly finally got theirs in 2017 and god drat what a game that was. The narrative going into it with the underdog Eagles with a backup QB going up against the Patriots juggernaut, and the whole story of the game was phenomenal. Tom Brady missing a reception followed by Foles getting a TD on a 4th-down play that now has its own nickname. An incredible game with a high final score. It has to go down as a top-5 Super Bowl.

So while I'd love it for the Eagles to win, especially after somehow tearing down the SB team and building back stronger, there's not much that's gonna top that and I wouldn't be unhappy seeing Andy Reid get another ring.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The extra week is good for player health but man is it bad for interest, what a dead week of football

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Andy

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
gently caress the Cowboys. Also, Pete Carroll ya'll.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kalli posted:

The extra week is good for player health but man is it bad for interest, what a dead week of football

Think of it this way, both QBs clearly needed that extra rest. Now Hurts can be more accurate in his throws to better carve up the Chiefs defense, while Mahomes might be able to escape that dominant Philly pass rush (and might also have receivers to throw to).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Think of it this way, both QBs clearly needed that extra rest. Now Hurts can be more accurate in his throws to better carve up the Chiefs defense, while Mahomes might be able to escape that dominant Philly pass rush (and might also have receivers to throw to).

Oh it's fine, just nothing of interest happened, pretty much because the pro bowl is a void. Move that poo poo to Nickelodeon on the offseason and do literally anything else with this weekend and the NFL would be better for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this sb cements one of these teams as just an all-time elite team without caveats. they both broke through stigmas in the last decade and now this is it. the loser will be just like the seattle seahawks and can only ever make fun of the minnesota vikings and buffalo bills and cincinnati bengals and no one else

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

this sb cements one of these teams as just an all-time elite team without caveats. they both broke through stigmas in the last decade and now this is it. the loser will be just like the minnesota vikings and can only ever make fun of the cincinnati bengals and no one else

I dunno, if the eagles win, every hater's just gonna say they had the easiest road to the SB imaginable. Comically overmatched Giants squad, 49ers team on their 3rd string rookie QB, Chiefs with an injured Mahomes.

And they'll be right :smugdog:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the Jesus ad campaign being funded by anti-choice bigots unshockingly

https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/1622608123784560640

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles by 100

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

I dunno, if the eagles win, every hater's just gonna say they had the easiest road to the SB imaginable

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'll be rooting for the Eagles but I can't be mad at Reid and Mahomes getting a second ring, especially now that Tyreek Hill isn't on the team anymore

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

I dunno, if the eagles win, every hater's just gonna say they had the easiest road to the SB imaginable. Comically overmatched Giants squad, 49ers team on their 3rd string rookie QB, Chiefs with an injured Mahomes.

Eagles played a tougher schedule than the Chiefs :smuggo:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Gotta root for the Eagles for AJ Brown and Brett Kern

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

How washed is Keenan Allen? The Athletic guy lists him as a likely cap casualty. Seems like he was pretty good once he started playing post-injury.
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1621549634249441280

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1622608355972849667

lol what a weirdo. he's a 46 year old father of what? 5 kids?

This fucker just will never go away from clout farming will he?

I'm counting out Touchdown Twink

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

How washed is Keenan Allen? The Athletic guy lists him as a likely cap casualty. Seems like he was pretty good once he started playing post-injury.

Me and DC think alike because I would drive cross country and pick Keenan up to get him on the Jets.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Can't believe his wife left him

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Go Merrick Garland and the rule of law!!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That picture just like, doesn't look real? Can't tell if it's because the exposure got jacked from the sunshine and all the shadows/darkness on Brady had to be jacked up, or if this is literally BrAIdy.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's still very, very good when he's healthy. He doesn't quite have the agility he used to, but he can still get open on any route inside of 15 yards and his hands are still terrific. Herbert trusts him more than any of the Chargers' other receivers, and the offense noticeably trended way upward once he came back.

He's maybe not a 20 mil a year guy anymore, but he can still play and would be terrific for most other teams in the league, long as you understand that he has maybe 2-3 years left at being a difference maker. The Chargers would be very stupid to get rid of him, since they have essentially nothing at receiver after him and Williams.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i like the super bowl

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don’t have an opinion on the Eagles in any direction, but I would like to see Andy get his revenge.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I get what you're saying but I don't think there's much of a revenge angle here

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
gently caress the eagles

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

i like the super bowl
Concerning

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If the Eagles win, they will tie the Philadelphia Athletics for the most championships won by a city major pro team (5).

The A's left the city in 1954.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Who is winning Puppy Bowl XIX?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fartknocker posted:

I'm pulling for the team that has the puppy in a wheelchair.

Thought I think the other team has a puppy that is deaf and visually impaired so it's really a tough call on who to root for.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Durandal1707 posted:

He's still very, very good when he's healthy. He doesn't quite have the agility he used to, but he can still get open on any route inside of 15 yards and his hands are still terrific. Herbert trusts him more than any of the Chargers' other receivers, and the offense noticeably trended way upward once he came back.

He's maybe not a 20 mil a year guy anymore, but he can still play and would be terrific for most other teams in the league, long as you understand that he has maybe 2-3 years left at being a difference maker. The Chargers would be very stupid to get rid of him, since they have essentially nothing at receiver after him and Williams.

There was a huge night-and-day difference between Herbert with Keenan and Herbert without Keenan. The only way I wouldn’t be sad that the Chargers cut him is if he winds up on the Ravens.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

ABC

Always bet on Corgi

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Silly Burrito posted:

Go Merrick Garland and the rule of law!!

:yeah:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eagles played a tougher schedule than the Chiefs :smuggo:

Still lollin that the Chiefs randomly lost to the Colts

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

Still lollin that the Chiefs randomly lost to the Colts

And very nearly won against the Titans, Texans and eventually Jags in the playoffs.

The AFC South is somehow poison to the Chiefs specifically.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Also the Jesus ad campaign being funded by anti-choice bigots unshockingly

https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/1622608123784560640

All this money spent to lure left-leaning people into their churches that could have been used to feed the hungry or help the sick. Gotta love their priorities.

A podcast I listen to was also talking about this today, and one of the hosts (who watches lots of sports) mentioned that he hardly sees any of those ads outside of football games, which matches up with my experience with them. He'll see one occasionally during a basketball or hockey game, but never in the sheer volume that we get in during football. It's extremely targeted

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

And very nearly won against the Titans, Texans and eventually Jags in the playoffs.

The AFC South is somehow poison to the Chiefs specifically.

Eagles only held them off 17-16 too somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mecole Hardman placed on IR