Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Well, drafted BG, played 6 BG in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Is anyone having problems accessing certain parts of the PC client? Every time I try to open Decks, Find Match or the profile display stuff (Avatar, Pets, emotes etc.) the client hard crashes. I can access Events and Recently Played just fine though, which is weird

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 7, 2023

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

plainswalker75 posted:

Is anyone having problems accessing certain parts of the PC client? Every time I try to open Decks, Find Match or the profile display stuff (Avatar, Pets, emotes etc.) the client hard crashes. I can access Events and Recently Played though, which is weird

Oddly enough for a release, I've had a flawless experience on PC.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
2-3 on my first one :(

I had final opponent on 1 life and 9 poison :(

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

plainswalker75 posted:

Is anyone having problems accessing certain parts of the PC client? Every time I try to open Decks, Find Match or the profile display stuff (Avatar, Pets, emotes etc.) the client hard crashes. I can access Events and Recently Played just fine though, which is weird

Looks like a reinstall fixed it :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've been burning out on Yugioh and looking for another game to move back to, and possibly getting back into MTG caught my eye. I was poking my nose into Pauper, specifically, but it seems like it's only really played on MTGO. Does it get played much on Arena? (I'm aware it'd technically be 'Historic Pauper' if you wanted to be pedantic.)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

I've been burning out on Yugioh and looking for another game to move back to, and possibly getting back into MTG caught my eye. I was poking my nose into Pauper, specifically, but it seems like it's only really played on MTGO. Does it get played much on Arena? (I'm aware it'd technically be 'Historic Pauper' if you wanted to be pedantic.)

It only really happens as occasional events, rather than being a regular queue. Maybe once a month or so?

--

Ugh, I'm 1-2 on my next one. This format feels, as expected, REALLY hard, having an easily available alternate wincon means you have to defend on some VERY hard to defend axes. I just died to an oppponent who made literally zero attacks :(

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
The final boss in my 6-3 draft with gruul beatdown was a UW artifact deck with lots of the 2/1 lifelink and a couple of cephalopod sentries. Seemed to work quite well, the deck was 90% artifacts that most other decks won't even look at lol

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Second draft (3-3 on my first draft with a W/B deck), EZ game when you get passed the nuts in open colors.

First picked Glissa; I probably could have splashed her but didn't feel like making my deck worse.
Probably should not be playing the colorless land here with how many 1 drops I had but I thought it was funny.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

thespaceinvader posted:

It only really happens as occasional events, rather than being a regular queue. Maybe once a month or so?
drat, that's a shame. Ah well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I picked upbthe pack bundle pre-order. Does it actually matter if I open the gold packs first or wait till after the regular ones?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

drat, that's a shame. Ah well.

IKR, I'd like to see Pauper or Artisan as a regular queue, but I guess they don't want to spread the queues too much and risk matching times going up too high.

E: I will be REALLY interested if there are stats on 17L or whatever for how many games end by posion vs damage.

E: 3/3. Only two left in the tank for now, and I've done my wins for today so I'm gonna leave it. Format is interesting but very, very difficult, is my read, and basically any stumble is likely to cost you the game.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 7, 2023

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

IKR, I'd like to see Pauper or Artisan as a regular queue, but I guess they don't want to spread the queues too much and risk matching times going up too high.

E: I will be REALLY interested if there are stats on 17L or whatever for how many games end by posion vs damage.

FWIW 4-3, 3-3, 3-3 so 19 games so far and I've only lost 1 to poison. And I've killed someone with poison once.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm drafting my third one now and I haven't yet opened a pack 1 pick 1 rare I've taken :(

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I had the oddest draft. I was putting together a r/w draft and both colors evaporated for pack 3. And I don’t mean slowed to a trickle, I mean I didn’t open, get passed, or see a single card of either color over about 120 cards. I’ve been hosed by rng before, but never quite like this.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I picked upbthe pack bundle pre-order. Does it actually matter if I open the gold packs first or wait till after the regular ones?

Only 2 of the rares from the gold packs are guaranteed to be from ONE, so probably not. The pre-order pack bundle isn't enough to give you a playset of rares.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Suggestions here: https://www.17lands.com/deck/81cc4a8809864aa8ab5b5c798272f223?

I feel like with only the Twilight and the Troll for 5+ 16 lands is correct, and it's gonna be super aggro.

Took out Viral Spawning because the lack of other Toxic really feels like it's gonna struggle to get Flashback, and the Scrapgorgers aren't unlikely to just eat it anyway.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm drafting my third one now and I haven't yet opened a pack 1 pick 1 rare I've taken :(

This was my p1p1 lol, so bad

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

thespaceinvader posted:

I actually didn't realize until you said this that the only rare in my deck I won with was the silly land I probably shouldn't have even played. Pretty wild.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Am I misremembering things, or did they have dupe protection for the reprinted Thalia, Guardian if Thraben if you already had the historic anthology one? I have a playset of the HA Obliterators and opened one in a pack just now. Not a big deal, but still kinda lame.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

My first dradt went real bad, currently on my second and got two rotpriests, was handed the first p1p2 so not sure what happened there

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Judgy Fucker posted:

Am I misremembering things, or did they have dupe protection for the reprinted Thalia, Guardian if Thraben if you already had the historic anthology one? I have a playset of the HA Obliterators and opened one in a pack just now. Not a big deal, but still kinda lame.

I remember the scry Temples were protected (you'd get them last) when reprinted in a core set, but they also had the same art as the Theros version. I don't think the Sorcerous Spyglass had protection from Ixalan to Eldraine becaue the art was different? Can't say for sure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
first draft went well but the games were awful losses. 2-3, so far it seems like corrupted is really all that matters for poison, even the all in toxic decks get you with damage before poison

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

2-3, ready to declare this format as "bad" lol

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Started with aSealed!

https://www.17lands.com/deck/92f206457ee74a4098dff56e00cd272b/3 (link to Deck)

https://sealeddeck.tech/CfvvIdQVou (just the whole pool, I didn't use the site to build, just hip-shootin' what seemed obvious)

This is 3-2 right now, hoping for another win or two tomorrow (gotta sleep now). The first loss was unavoidable screw (mulligan an unkeepable hand to 6, then get two forests and only red cards and...never a mountain), the second loss they simply had a better and more aggressive deck, then I started to actually be able to do things. Observations:
- the oil didn't really come together so far
- just lol at using one Koth as a nuke and then playing another
- the Conduit is...fine. It's a bit clunky, and you better be stable when you play it, but then it wins you the lategame. You can kill an artifact per turn with the Cankerbloom. Every trade is a zero for one. They kill your Planeswalker? gently caress it, replay it. And you can keep drawing lands off the Sphere. Of course, this is with the asterisk that you can't do anything else on your turn, but you can still cast Instants on theirs ofc. Generally, I wouldn't say this is a first-pick bomb, but it sure won me games where the opp was like "well I can't do anything anymore"
- Koth is not great but if you can replay him forever...don't make the mistake I originally did though where I was like "hm dunno if I can play him here, I don't have any blockers" - he has a +2 and enters with 4. They can't really do much against him early on. Turn 3 with the clunky Oil ramper and you can just keep drawing extra mountains, and eventually kill whatever they might threaten him with
- the equipment Rebuke destroys doesn't have to be equipped. I saw way too many terrible "destroy creature and equipment attached to it" cards. Hell, the ONE Threaten has something like that!
- I didn't quite realize it at first but Rebel Salvo is just a 3 mana 5 damage spell baseline, huh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I knew as soon as I'd seen that you could get Vorinclex in these drafts someone would kill me with a Vorinclex poison kill and I hate it already. That is a new level of tilt inducing

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Drafted what I thought was a pretty good golgari deck in Bo3. Got a rotpriest and glissa, though I was more of a face damage deck than toxic. Won my first match vs someone who played only lands, 2nd opponent had my deck but better draws and a SECOND afflict, 3rd opponent had Glissa, Kaito, Atraxa, Wanderer and primo removal. They reanimated Atraxa when I had lethal on board, blocked, went to 7, and played wandering emperor against my board 2 games in a row.

So get super greedy and people will pass you bombs in Bo3. This is probably the bomb-heaviest format in the last decade. Not made for limited at all

wei
Jul 27, 2006
I'm up to 3 trophies in 5 drafts, one had 1 rare and another had none. Just draft red and kill your opponents

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

plainswalker75 posted:

Mine was fine all day but my boyfriend has the exact same thing as you; each time he opens a pack or clicks to go to his decks the client brings up the Unity crash handler.

It's going to take him hours to reinstall on this wack-rear end internet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

deck absolutely slapped everything that came my way other than the Vorinclex. Swinging with 10/10 Justiciars feels real good. Unctus' Retrofitter is a wild card 7-1

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Vigilance seems quite good in this format. I was really impressed with the Bardiche.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

https://www.17lands.com/draft/76204010619f43a6baa6a90abb01d710

I feel like my mistake was not drafting enough bombs but im not a draftologist

Every game I would be stuck at 4 mana, but I didn't know that going in, so I didn't draft enough cheap creatures.

lost a bunch of games against the platonic ideal of a bunch of archetypes. I gotta figure people just have better pack opening luck than me because if i saw any of the cards I lost to, I'd pick them in a second

A Moose fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 8, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
https://youtu.be/AsA8uTfd168

this is pretty funny

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

this guy is genuinely wi flagged. At least I can manaweave before shuffling irl to make me feel like I'm dpong something, this is just bullshit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
only time ive clicked sad face on "did you have fun this match" was against a blue player who apparently needed to do intense timeout length calculus from the first turn.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Squashing Machine posted:

Not sure how long I'll be drafting this one. Might be the most go-first-or-lose limited format we've had in recent memory. Lots of relevant 1- and 2-drops for getting toxic online early, and it feels super bad if you are on the draw and don't have a turn 1 play. Not a fan

Yeah it feels like they went a little overboard with putting Toxic on a bunch of things, especially with so much Proliferate tacked onto various spells as an afterthought. I've done three drafts today, every game came down to "who can get more Toxic guys on the field first". Black seems stronger than all the other colors by a large margin. The compleated Planeswalkers are nuts, I blew out several opponents by dropping some early blockers in front of a turn 3 Jace.

Fun set but probably not going to be drafting a ton of this one.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have been finding that if I drop even one moderately statted creature in the first 2-4 turns the toxic decks just fall over. The RG oil beatdown decks though are insane to try and race. They just have the stats and the consistency to punch hard and repeatedly. Have folks been dying to poison counters before damage would kill them anyway?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Went 5-3 and 6-3 with GW toxin decks. The little W1 sword that makes tokens is deceptively good because as soon as you get a single swing in you can basically never stop it from swinging on a 3/1 token ever again.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
went 3-3 with an R/W deck, I think I have this thing in limited formats where I just tunnel vision on something early and forget everything else about how to draft (but also it's my literal third time playing a limited format ever, so am I all that bad really)
https://www.17lands.com/draft/40df99e989c14489a618ee7d9a271f0b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Went 5-9 overall across 3 drafts, best was a 3-3 run with RG. Still trying to decide if I like the format. I definitely need to look at lists more, because I feel like I'm picking super suboptimally. I also don't think I got anything particularly bomby, but that's probably bad beats speaking.