Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fix posted:

PS+ next month, got it.

Hope so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I might be wrong but I remember seeing that mentioned some time a year or two ago and it stuck with me

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

All of the music in GT7 absolutely rules just like the rest of the game!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Already own it, but buying the PC version next week. :hellyeah:

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I've double and triple dipped on some games but i'm not sure Returnal is one of them. Looks and plays really well on PS5, been a while since I got that plat though.

Also steal

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1623200522919612417?s=20&t=14EeSAULE29Cq8u4DEDchw

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I got returnal at full price, 17.99 is an incredible steal! It is one of the best of this gen!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

IcePhoenix posted:

I might be wrong but I remember seeing that mentioned some time a year or two ago and it stuck with me

Oh youre probably right, its just i cannot wrap my head around the whole business concept of what is the modern day version of going round to your buddies and watching them play a game and shoot the poo poo and now its some big cap venture

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh youre probably right, its just i cannot wrap my head around the whole business concept of what is the modern day version of going round to your buddies and watching them play a game and shoot the poo poo and now its some big cap venture

do you have 20000 buddies

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I barely have time to play games as it is. I can't understand who is watching other people play games that isn't living at leisure in mom's basement.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

do you have 20000 buddies

Yeah

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When I was a kid controller hogs like Randy Stein were to be mocked and shamed, now millions of people will gladly watch somebody else play a video game and send them money for the privilege. It is perhaps the greatest moral failing of our society.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I would watch random garbage on twitch everyday for a decade before I got bored enough to watch random garbage on Netflix

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

VideoGames posted:

I got returnal at full price, 17.99 is an incredible steal! It is one of the best of this gen!

Same; I can highly endorse it if you enjoy anything about that sort of game. It really scratches the right itch for me and at $18 I'd jump on that really quick if I didnt have it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t returnal already free with one of the ps pluses

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I would watch random garbage on twitch everyday for a decade before I got bored enough to watch random garbage on Netflix

Its not qbout watching twitch, i watch veeg play video games sometimes cos its fun.

Its the fact that its now something you can put on your tax return which is twilight zone poo poo and they are spoken about like celebs and put in games like they are new japan wrestlers because of it

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 8, 2023

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its not qbout watching twitch, i watch veeg play video games sometimes cos its fun.

Its the fact that its now something you can put on your tax return which is twilight zone poo poo and they are spoken about like celebs and put in games like they are new japan wrestlers because of it

Yeah but we also pay people to play golf

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Feb 8, 2023

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That Jedi sequel looks pretty cool but what was with how those animals all got chopped in half exactly the same? There’s a cave and he’s hacking at a bunch of them and each one’s head section pops off like playdo. Over and over. And the jumping up between two close together walls… it’s cool if it’s 3 jumps or so but that dude just did it 15 times getting up that crevice.

I dunno it’s just kind of weirdly dumb. They could clean a few things up and it would feel a lot more organic and authentic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the dopey wildlife enemies being so prevalent in the gameplay trailers gives me less hope in the sequel. no one liked those

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Mind_Taker posted:

I just hope the next game has fast travel.

Good news: https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars-jedi-survivor-will-feature-both-fast-travel-and-rideable-creatures/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Blind Rasputin posted:

That Jedi sequel looks pretty cool but what was with how those animals all got chopped in half exactly the same? There’s a cave and he’s hacking at a bunch of them and each one’s head section pops off like playdo. Over and over. And the jumping up between two close together walls… it’s cool if it’s 3 jumps or so but that dude just did it 15 times getting up that crevice.

I dunno it’s just kind of weirdly dumb. They could clean a few things up and it would feel a lot more organic and authentic.

Looks just as jank and lovely as the first one

Riding a creature around those nothing to do, gears 5 style, open field areas

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah but we also pay people to play golf

They're having sex tho

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

Looks just as jank and lovely as the first one

Riding a creature around those nothing to do, gears 5 style, open field areas

The amount of vitriol you have for that game is comedic at this point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JBP posted:

I barely have time to play games as it is. I can't understand who is watching other people play games that isn't living at leisure in mom's basement.

Sometimes they say funny things or get owned horribly

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lmao

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/microsoft-activision-deal-could-harm-uk-gamers

Looks like CMA really is gonna block the deal.

Good, cos it means we're gonna get a sony sbowcase soon

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lmao

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/microsoft-activision-deal-could-harm-uk-gamers

xbox stays winnin

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lmao

Good. Industry consolidation is bad.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Even if it's good that they're blocking the deal, they're doing it for a really stupid reason (Sony might cry)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this bit is good

"Deal could also harm UK gamers by weakening the important rivalry between Xbox and PlayStation gaming consoles"

uk console wars have a proud history and are nothing to joke about. :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's why Nintendo should buy CoD

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sakurazuka posted:

*nods*

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

JBP posted:

I mean that's half the point - I don't have time to play all the games, so while I'm doing something on the computer, in the background someone else is playing one of these games I don't plan on playing.

Granted I don't understand watching people play games you've already played, unless you're just there for the personality, that's kinda foreign to me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bugblatter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i05L-FaDhko

Cal still has poopy pants. The rest looks cool.

Looks great, cant wait for more!

I've been meaning to buy Returnal for so long but I just picked up Dead Space. And it looks like it's still $80 in Canada, haha.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/returnal-ps5/15204416

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Morpheus posted:

Granted I don't understand watching people play games you've already played, unless you're just there for the personality, that's kinda foreign to me.

I think this is why the majority of streamers who can make it their actual career are able to do it. Most of the streamers I watch regularly I'm not watching for the gameplay, I'm watching because the streamer themself is entertaining to me.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I thought mafia was supposed to be in the ps+ games this month?

2 multiplayer games and an indie title that was just on sale for $9 is pretty dire. Mafia was the only good thing about this month.
I dont even play multiplayer games anymore, I dont know why i'm still subbed. PS+ titles I play for longer than an hour in any given year amount to 2, maybe 3 tops. Would be cheaper to just buy them on sale.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

theres a direct tonight... could it be...

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

cubicle gangster posted:

2 multiplayer games and an indie title that was just on sale for $9 is pretty dire. Mafia was the only good thing about this month.
I dont even play multiplayer games anymore, I dont know why i'm still subbed. PS+ titles I play for longer than an hour in any given year amount to 2, maybe 3 tops. Would be cheaper to just buy them on sale.

It gets better. I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that the destiny content we got is going to be retired when the new destiny expansion releases at the end of the month!

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

It is, it's been up since yesterday. In the mexican PS store at least.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cubicle gangster posted:

It is. I just snagged it. Mafia: Definitive Edition.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

IcePhoenix posted:

I think this is why the majority of streamers who can make it their actual career are able to do it. Most of the streamers I watch regularly I'm not watching for the gameplay, I'm watching because the streamer themself is entertaining to me.

I just love twitch culture, I love watching folk like Limmy carve out the easiest career of their lives, I love going into streams with 1 or 2 viewers and getting a happy reaction just from following them, I love going into Just Chatting AMA streams and learning about other countries though people. I love that Grubby streams dota like 8 hours a night and you can just start to see the toxic moba brain effects seep into him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Escobarbarian posted:

It is. I just snagged it. Mafia: Definitive Edition.

How?

It's not listed with the ps+ titles (although on second look I see evil dead is listed twice...), and searching the store for mafia only results in mafia 2, 3 & sonic mania for some reason.