Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/WardSutton/status/1622743834714316803?t=3qBfELG12SlxFz3ofUQ0Sw&s=19

New comic from Ward Sutton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Reserve Bank of Australia Governor Philip Lowe. Most cartoons are about the ninth consecutive interest rate rise (25 points up to 3.35 percent). Reserve Bank raises interest rates, 'expects that further increases will be needed' (ABC).

Rowe:

Katauskas:

Fiona Katauskas is now cartooning for Guardian Australia.

Knight:

Spooner:

Golding:

Downes:

Wilcox:

David Pocock blasts Albanese government as it reauthorises Nauru offshore immigration detention (Guardian).

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Ninety-nine red balloons
Floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
When ninety-nine red balloons go by

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
That is a lot of hyperventilating about a balloon with some cameras that was promptly jammed and dealt with.

Wait until they find out what countries have been doing with satellites and airplanes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A lot of strong competition, but this might be the dumbest balloon cartoon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

The "Hitch Draws a Human Face at Any Angle Other Than Straight-On" Challenge (IMPOSSIBLE!)

Belated edit:
Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jun 14, 2023

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ladies and gentlemen, we have Buttery Mails.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

No effort, random mess of hasty napkin sketches, can't tell if the man with slanted eyes is holding a phone or flipping the bird.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have Buttery Mails.
thats kevin, not hunny bunny, so more a trump/biden files thing

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: First They Came for Bigger Cubicles

Ted Rall posted:

Unemployment fell to the 3.4%, the lowest on record since the early days of the Richard Nixon administration. Jobs have never been easier to find and workers are able to get raises. The American economy, however, relies on cheap compliant labor, so economists are worried.

First Dog on the Moon: This week's fun politics quiz: who is Australia's federal opposition leader - do they even have one?

Regarding the deputy opposition leader Sussan Ley and numerology: Why Sussan Ley has an extra ‘s’ in her name (news.com.au)

Sussan Ley posted:

“I read about this numerology theory that if you add the numbers that match the letters in your name you can change your personality,” she told The Australian.

“I worked out that if you added an ‘s’ I would have an incredibly exciting, interesting life and nothing would every be boring. It’s that simple.”

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I am starting to think the horrendously drawn guns are a deliberate troll.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ajkalan posted:

The "Hitch Draws a Human Face at Any Angle Other Than Straight-On" Challenge (IMPOSSIBLE!)

Someone related it to baby birds asking to be fed and I haven't been able to unsee it since.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Regarding the deputy opposition leader Sussan Ley and numerology: Why Sussan Ley has an extra ‘s’ in her name (news.com.au)

Haha, what?

I know we get our dumb idiots in US politics but this is so benign it's almost sweet but incredibly stupid. She ever see Number 23 with Jim Carrey? Great catastrophe of a film.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 8, 2023

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, everyone knows that the sliding oil guard on the grip cock is reversed on the Rüpprechtr 420 semi.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gun

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So he accomplished something? Does that idiot remember the origin of that stupid banner?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

For context, because I had to look this up myself to understand what the gently caress crawled up Bob's rear end over a years-old article, Hulu is making it into a show. The reason rightwingers love to claim it's been debunked are explained in an article written by one of the fact-checkers:
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/03/06/1619-project-new-york-times-mistake-122248

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

So he accomplished something? Does that idiot remember the origin of that stupid banner?

It was put up by Pres. Barack HUSSEIN Obama after he did 9/11, right?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Stantis has now drawn three cartoons in which his protagonists do nothing but stare at a box.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

kartikeya posted:

Stantis has now drawn three cartoons in which his protagonists do nothing but stare at a box.

That’s the message he took from Calvin and Hobbes. People love cartoons about boxes

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

kartikeya posted:

And single panels stretched out in a three panel at that. I feel like this really warrants some sort of Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

An unironic Dewey Dawner would have better pacing than this.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's really great because there's absolutely no joke there unless you're heavily invested in the news cycle from two weeks ago AND deep Prickly City lore, and also no joke even if you are.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Next strip: the bunny leaves with the box and nobody says anything. Following strip: they stare at the place where the box was. Concluding strip: "That might have been a serious problem. Or maybe not. Who can say?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just think after this arc ends we have the balloon arc to look forward to! :yum:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s reshuffle — Rishi Sunak has become the latest occupant of Downing Street to shuffle the Whitehall pack in the hope that a reorganisation of the machinery of government will lead to faster economic growth"

Telegraph:

Sunak reshuffle: Shapps named energy secretary in department shake-up After Rex Harrison.

Matt:

Independent:

Rishi Sunak reshuffle – live: PM finally replaces Zahawi, but Raab survives

Times:

Evening Standard:

Fawlty Towers set for revival with John Cleese and his daughter Camilla

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1st panel: character walking
2nd panel: character looking up at sky
3rd panel: character says "uh oh"

paycheck please

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Fister Roboto posted:

1st panel: character walking
2nd panel: character looking up at sky
3rd panel: character says "uh oh"

paycheck please

Not even walking, probably just standing still

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ambitious Spider posted:

That’s the message he took from Calvin and Hobbes. People love cartoons about boxes

Scientific progress goes "meh"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Western experts' panda by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Osama Hajjaj from Jordan

Charlie Hebdo

:nws: Breasts

Retirement at 43!
"You need to get started right away!"

"Do as I say, not as I do!"
Different objects followed by "...god knows where!"

I won't be translating everything but this is peak "Yet we participate in society". It's on the Pope's speech in Kinshasa on colonialist and imperialist actions in Africa.
Good sentiment and of course the Pope is definitely a hypocrite but this feels like the worst way to go about it. At least draw him standing on the skeletons of the indigenous peoples of the Americas (let alone the other continents), while saying this.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

The Stage 3 tax cuts passed under the Morrison government are the ones for the richest and will cost a mint when they go into effect next year; the government still hasn't touched them despite the risk of recession.

Rowe:

Voice to Parliament pamphlets advocating both sides to be sent to Australians, in concession to Peter Dutton (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Dyson:

Wilcox:

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Victorian schools accused of ‘indoctrinating’ Voice in classrooms (Sky News Australia).

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Microplastics posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gun
If Rall started using a Rall-trained stable diffusion checkpoint, how would we even tell??

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

FFT posted:

If Rall started using a Rall-trained stable diffusion checkpoint, how would we even tell??

The comic would suddenly become coherent.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

Western experts' panda by Luo Jie

missed opportunity to also make it a Chinese Room reference.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Bill Bramhall

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Why is John Kerry giving Biden a thumbs down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

what