Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

the most underrated part of that schedule is that he only has one meal on monday and sunday

but yeah the weekly schedule is a death march unless you're an incredibly fast creator. monthly can be a bit rough in terms of keeping up momentum but i think jump+'s bi-weekly is a perfect middle ground.

Monthly authors tend to have more than one series going at once though. Generally 2-3. Rarely do weekly authors have more than one series, but it happens, I think and their series are usually relatively simple gag stuff rather than something more complex or intensive.

Assistants obviously help though, but when starting it's not so easy to get them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Southern Cassowary posted:

ah yes, my fathers the failed comedian and oil baron

god that bit was funny. I hope everyone on the fence after three episodes kept going because the last two have been great (although I thought it was solid to begin with)

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

god that bit was funny. I hope everyone on the fence after three episodes kept going because the last two have been great (although I thought it was solid to begin with)

*smugly* I was sold by the previous episode. Because of the hot teacher

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
it's only a matter of time until that scary killer guy ends up a buddy daddy as well

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i liked the first few episodes of 80k coins isekai, but the latest one you could tell was very cut and paste on the content.
Nagatoro continues to deliver goodness. big sister is great

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Anetoro's savagery makes you wonder if there is a Mamatoro even further up the food chain.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All I can say is Torofamily delivers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Precure delivered arguably the best 1st episode of Precure ever God drat

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Big Leg posted:

i was avoiding it because of the tepid initial impressions but i decided to just give it a shot and pa works delivered again. show owns.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Indiana_Krom posted:

Anetoro's savagery makes you wonder if there is a Mamatoro even further up the food chain.

The comedic timing of her bursting in and saying Hayase five times in three seconds after a heartwarming scene of Paisen affirming that he wants to ask her her first name on his own steam still kills me to think about

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Buddy Daddies Pecking order:
Kyu-papa
Miri
Other Papas

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New series just started airing

quote:

Pole Princess!!
The story centers on Hinano, a very normal and mild-mannered 17-year-old girl. Since she was very young her grandmother ran a planetarium that Hinano loved, but one day Hinano found out that the planetarium would be closing down. Hinano worried about whether there was anything she could do for her grandmother and for the planetarium, and she coincidentally one day catches sight of a woman dancing on a pole under a starry sky. She gathers her friends and together they set up a stage in the planetarium to perform shows, and they jump into the world of pole dancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2et-JVd3c

:wtc:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wow, they're really scraping the barrel I'm search of new sports anime.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
there's really no point in trying after the perfect sport Keijo!
after that, they knew they could never top it

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GateOfD posted:

At least until they make the Ambojutsu manga/anime

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GateOfD posted:

Ah, a man of science

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the harukana receive mangaka did a decent pole dancing manga but it actually engaged with the tension between it as performance and it as a sex thing, feel like this, uh, wont

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I suppose at least they're not planetarium idols

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh boy, the latest episode of Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World was really sub-par. Basically a rival adventuring team tricked their leader into a magically rigged bareknuckle fight and the others had to run around behind the scenes figuring out how they were doing it and expose the scam before he got beaten to death which should have been a tense, action-packed episode but the animators simply couldn't pull it off. Zero effort in the fight choreography, zero tension, the payoff fell flat ... just terrible.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
The Animators Who Don't Believe in the Adventurers Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World Won't Save the Show

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Aw cmon they stole this plot straight from Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The animation for pole princess, from a glance, looked like rwby animation but with anti aliasing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tae posted:

The animation for pole princess, from a glance, looked like rwby animation but with anti aliasing.

Feels like they used motion capture to animate the characters and they made them wave their arms around like drunk windwills to distract from their dead lifeless eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c-i72OFS6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f7wi2OSX4A

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pole Princess has been airing for almost a month and the episodes are 5 minutes long

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh wait I've seen the inspiration for that pole dance anime before... Now if I could only remember--

:geno:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what in the world are you saying ruriruri has to do with this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

Oh wait I've seen the inspiration for that pole dance anime before... Now if I could only remember--

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

what in the world are you saying ruriruri has to do with this
Am I the only one that remembers that creepy trend where people would put on those dead-faced anime masks and go on cams and poo poo?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

yeah sure man

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FilthyImp posted:

Am I the only one that remembers that creepy trend where people would put on those dead-faced anime masks and go on cams and poo poo?

why do you have this encompassing knowledge of fetishes held by people on the internet you bring up at random in unrelated conversations

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're just remembering that one boss fight in Killer7.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ayame blackburn was kinda random even for how generally weird and dark suda's writing was at the time

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Snowglobe posted clips from the show and the way the faces don't emote made me remember the trend. :confused:

There's an interaction where it's like "my grandma will have to close down the observatory oh no" and the whole time the rigs make them look like creepy dolls.

E:
Honestly I never saw it as a fetish.

But I also guess it's safe to assume that anything can be a fetish given enough time on the internet.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 8, 2023

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the trend, of people on the internet with a fetish

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FilthyImp posted:

Snowglobe posted clips from the show

It turns out those aren't clips, they're the full episodes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

here's this year's kirara anime

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1623285216340230145

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
One step closer to Musou Telepathy the Anime

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Colonel posted:

why do you have this encompassing knowledge of fetishes held by people on the internet you bring up at random in unrelated conversations

Do you think your talking to CleanImp?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Yea look at this sick filth, wtf Japan!