Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pontificating rear end posted:

Oh man I used to follow this guy a few years back and had to unfollow from the cringe. He talks about Hasan a lot, and starts a petulant shouting when he's generating outrage about something fairly inconsequential.

yeah i think he started out as a troll caller on majority report. he's a weird caricature of himself now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hasan "Jimmy Dore" Piker

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1620107543577231360

he had a good take

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I remember there was like a documentary I saw a few years ago where some eye doctors went to north korea to give cataract surgery to poor people there. And you know, it was about like THE HERMIT KINGDOM NORTH KOREA. And it was shown as being, like, insane that after they could see again, the people they'd operated on would like go over to a picture of kim jong il and thank him for giving them back their sight. But like which is better?

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

there's something about mr beasts fuckin mug that disgusts me viscerally. never watched a video and never will but every once in a while I will get logged out of youtube and see a dozen thumbnails of his lovely goatee hanging off of an unhinged jaw in soyface rictus for a video titled like $1,000,000 to live IN A HAUNTED HOUSE for 24 HOURS????? absolutely hideous

if I was cured of my blindness and the first this I saw was mr beasts face I'd ask them to reverse the surgery

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

What Mr. Beast did there was to offer quick cataracts surgeries to a lot of people. I find it kind of amusing that he won't state what it is unless you watch the video and the schematics, because you can spend AGES looking at every single charity that also offers free to very low priced surgeries specifically for cataracts. It's admirable... if you have never gotten a pamphlet about one of the gazillion charities that specifically train for eye care. The only difference is that he found one of the many, many, MANY groups, dumped money for the procedure (which could be as cheap as a hundo or as expensive as 2500 USD) and for likeness rights. If its not Mr Beast, it's some catholic church nearby, or a hindu temple, or a Madrassa, or SEVA, or Orbis, or etc etc etc etc.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 02:32 on Jan 31, 2023

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kunster posted:

What Mr. Beast did there was to offer quick cataracts surgeries to a lot of people. I find it kind of amusing that he won't state what it is unless you watch the video and the schematics, because you can spend AGES looking at every single charity that also offers free to very low priced surgeries specifically for cataracts. It's admirable... if you have never gotten a pamphlet about one of the gazillion charities that specifically train for eye care. The only difference is that he found one of the many, many, MANY groups, dumped money for the procedure (which could be as cheap as a hundo or as expensive as 2500 USD) and for likeness rights. If its not Mr Beast, it's some catholic church nearby, or a hindu temple, or a Madrassa, or SEVA, or Orbis, or etc etc etc etc.
likeness rights? that means they're all going to get plastic surgery to look like mr. beast, right?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Other way around, he gets to turn into them for a future video

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Mr Beast has managed to do The Expression irl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

harrier du beast

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
mr beast fund the swamp maoists

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Poggies

https://twitter.com/MrBeast/status/1620062824776216577?s=20&t=ePRRBS7we0uz-WryTPtuPg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so he's not alt-right, he's got terminal lib brain

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

there's something about mr beasts fuckin mug that disgusts me viscerally.

There's something off about it for sure. When people talk to him he doesnt sound human, it's like he figured out humanity and profits from his good deeds even though he actually lacks the ability to be empathetic

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

there's something about mr beasts fuckin mug that disgusts me viscerally. never watched a video and never will but every once in a while I will get logged out of youtube and see a dozen thumbnails of his lovely goatee hanging off of an unhinged jaw in soyface rictus for a video titled like $1,000,000 to live IN A HAUNTED HOUSE for 24 HOURS????? absolutely hideous

if I was cured of my blindness and the first this I saw was mr beasts face I'd ask them to reverse the surgery

Having a normal one, i see :D

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

likeness rights? that means they're all going to get plastic surgery to look like mr. beast, right?

More like "paying for the rights to be around the surgery recovery and meeting so he can secure the right to show them around for a rather emotional youtube video".

I watched both MrBeasts and Hasan's response to this and I find it rather weird that only my brazilian and portuguese friends highlighted what the procedure was and just how many groups, including governments, would just offer this particular procedure, while Hasan didn't seem to even state this to some fashion. Yes I thought of all those religious charity groups and NGOs, so for Cuba's world spanning healthwork services it was certainly a walk in the park. It just seems a bit silly specially when I was little, I knew some people who either went to Cuba and went with one of these to get their surgery.

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Apparently raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for earthquake relief is bad now...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/HorribleHelpfulShingle4Head-DcJWtcwyQDtyrs0L

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hasan is going to get owned by the Coffee & Politics guy who lets people call in and rant about China and the libs

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

3 of the greasiest mfers I ever seen

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
mr beast paying for thousands of bbls

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al! posted:

mr beast paying for thousands of bbls

changing lives two rear end cheeks at a time. i'm signing up.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Isn't Athene that guy who tried to make his own scientology cult / mobile game studio?

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

https://twitter.com/femalekissinger/status/1623374600196263961

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god this took loving forever to figure out this is about playing the harry potter game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i say swears online posted:

god this took loving forever to figure out this is about playing the harry potter game

he's not even playing it lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
People are calling for his head because he isn't playing the wizard game but thought it might be nice to get a bunch of people who were going to play it anyway to do a big charity stream for trans charities while playing it but ultimately decided not to do that lol

I"m so glad that I'm not entertaining or funny or mentally ill enough to be a content creator

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Yeah he was going to/did do a charity stream, but people are still complaining how he bought a house? or about his politics, or something

I have to say, Hasan drama is bottom-tier

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
just do the charity thing without playing the game. this isn't hard

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
he bought a porche, which are lovely

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the important part is the charity, not playing the hogwarts game my man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Pontificating rear end posted:

Yeah he was going to/did do a charity stream, but people are still complaining how he bought a house? or about his politics, or something

I have to say, Hasan drama is bottom-tier

He needs to start jerking off to deep fakes.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

I'm sure the I Hate Cars thread would tell you the problem isn't the brand of car, but the mere fact he bought any sort of car

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

mcmagic posted:

He needs to start jerking off to deep fakes.

I just started watching Atrioc a few months ago, he seems like a really smart and insightful guy who speaks using strong facts as opposed to the opinion-based punditry of Hasan and his ilk

too bad he just ruined his career!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

the streamer supercar fixation is so loving funny

xqc has a mclaren he's never driven because he cannot drive

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

are there any photos of Lowtax with his Nissan GTR? he was, like with many things, ahead of the curve on this

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

The nerd stickman comics guy?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Using Twitter is like playing a phone game and if you press this you lose

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022