Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I guess of all the canned 5* dupes I could have gotten, at least I got the hot fox guy instead of like, idk, the ice zombie girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Tighnari cons are by far the best ones. They're still not as good as rate up 5* cons but they actually do stuff. Its almost impressive how bad the other ones are tbh. Even Mona's C1 is broken to not extend freeze duration.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Spoilers but 3.4 will have a ton of fanart of Mihoyo showing their hand at Depression Impact

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
C1 Mona trying for Hu Tao, got her on guaranteed, C1 Jean trying for Yelan.

Guess I can get Eula or Baizhu now though!

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

No Wave posted:

Tighnari cons are by far the best ones. They're still not as good as rate up 5* cons but they actually do stuff. Its almost impressive how bad the other ones are tbh. Even Mona's C1 is broken to not extend freeze duration.

C2 Jean is pretty amazing actually. Very good for co-op.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I got a Skyward Spine off the standard banner. I don't have Xiao. Is there any conceivable use for this stupid thing?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FractalSandwich posted:

I got a Skyward Spine off the standard banner. I don't have Xiao. Is there any conceivable use for this stupid thing?

Give it to Raiden or xiangling?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

It's got high base damage and ER sub, so it's not really a "bad" weapon on pretty much anyone, except maybe Yaoyao/Thoma/Yunjin?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sure you're not the only person to do so but despite not going full art Critic on every single picture I do appreciate the post dump of them whenever they happen.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
loving nuts.

My wife did 40 wishes on the Hu Tao banner. She

First 10 pull - Beidou (C1), Beidou (C2), Xingqiu (C0).
Second 10 pull - Ningguang (C1)
Third 10 pull - Keqing (C0), and Lion's Roar sword
Fourth 10 pull - Beidou (C3), Hu Tao (C0).

So then she takes Keqing, Hu Tao, and Xingqiu to 20 for the free wish.

A few pulls on standard banner: Mona (C0)

I'm gobsmacked.

She did another 10 pull and got Xingqiu's C1 and C2.

Fifty wishes in on the new banners got her
3 Beidou
1 Ninguang
3 Xingqiu
1 Keqing
1 Hu Tao

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 8, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

sushibandit posted:

It's got high base damage and ER sub, so it's not really a "bad" weapon on pretty much anyone, except maybe Yaoyao/Thoma/Yunjin?
I guess if I view it as basically equivalent to a second copy of The Catch, that's hardly something to be salty about. And it's not like any of the other standard 5-star weapons are that impressive either.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Hm, this weapon banner is almost tempting. I already have a homa, but multiple homas are good. How worth it is that yelan bow for a c0 yelan haver?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fav Bow is her best weapon

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Got Yelan within 30 pulls, leaving me with more than enough pulls to have picked up Alhaitham if I had just gone for it :negative:
Well, that's not actually how it works so whatever. Now what am I gonna do for 2 months? Until Baizhu launches. I already had all of Yelan's gear prefarmed for more than a year, and she only got released 8 months ago...

Mika got a big attack buff for some reason, might be interesting seeing if a Crescent Pike Mika (Pika?) build might kinda sorta work. Can't be worse than Qiqi! And if I end up getting Eula in that time then so be it, she can kill overworld hilichurls or whatever. Or I guess I can try for 5 star weapons? The current Homa/Aqua banner and the upcoming desert spear/claymore banner are both pretty decent. But I don't really run teams that revolve around a central "main dps" anymore, so I'm not sure who the weapon would be for. Or I could get Dehya :twisted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish everyone who will be participating in this patch good rolls. Since I am missing 9 characters and have all the 4*s currently and until Mika and Kaveh get added, I am fine holding off for now, since I now only need Alhaitham, Nilou, Cyno, Shenhe, Kokomi, Yoimiya, Ayaka, and Childe.

Still just waiting for that sweet sweet double 5* star a single pull moment.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

vs

:negative:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

Mika got a big attack buff for some reason, might be interesting seeing if a Crescent Pike Mika (Pika?) build might kinda sorta work. Can't be worse than Qiqi! And if I end up getting Eula in that time then so be it, she can kill overworld hilichurls or whatever. Or I guess I can try for 5 star weapons? The current Homa/Aqua banner and the upcoming desert spear/claymore banner are both pretty decent. But I don't really run teams that revolve around a central "main dps" anymore, so I'm not sure who the weapon would be for. Or I could get Dehya :twisted:

Him being a modern 4* C6 support really makes going for a niche build like that feel worse, I'm always gonna know there's a nice chunk of phys dmg/crit dmg left on the table.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No Wave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUDYTHriQ7U

Actually, they are as good as rate up 5* cons. C6 Tighnari absolutely stands shoulder to shoulder with C6 Alhaitham and Nahida which is kind of insane. Dendro is really really good.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
man, the show-off trials for this banner's 4*s are extremely :psyduck:

beidou gets kaeya and superconduct reactions as her only partner, and the trial has two separate solo mitachurls one-at-a-time with no other enemies around so her chain lightning doesn't even work
xingqiu gets a freeze team?!

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

beidou gets kaeya and superconduct reactions as her only partner, and the trial has two separate solo mitachurls one-at-a-time with no other enemies around so her chain lightning doesn't even work

Beidou makes a sick kind of sense in that it is trying to boost her damage while apparently ignoring her Burst. So you use Cryo and Parry an attack to Superconduct and auto attack whatever health is left.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

MadHat posted:

Beidou makes a sick kind of sense in that it is trying to boost her damage while apparently ignoring her Burst. So you use Cryo and Parry an attack to Superconduct and auto attack whatever health is left.
I think it expects you to autoattack/parry the mitachurls and use the burst to clear the wave in between?

Kaeya shows up in a lot of these because, out of the non-gacha characters, he's the only one that can charitably be called an on-field DPS.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hu Tao gets to work with absolutely nobody

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Speaking of Tighnari how are Stringless and Aqua Simulacra on him?

I rolled on the weapon banner, justifying rolling for bigger numbers on the basis of "I use Fischl constantly, I want a five star bow for her. And if I miss it Homa is one of the best weapons in the game."

But then I realized that I have nobody else who wants an R5 lvl 90 Stringless, and that Tighnari is currently settling for the Windblume Ode. And it's not like I don't use him a lot too.

(Enough that I almost skipped Alhaitham between Tighnari and Keqing, but he's so cool and for some reason I love little connections between games so him being a Honkai expy is a massive plus. Especially since Su Honkai is probably the coolest character who isn't playable. Well, maybe second coolest, if you count the exclusively in side events version of Kevin with a personality that includes making tons of ice puns.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain France posted:

Speaking of Tighnari how are Stringless and Aqua Simulacra on him?

I rolled on the weapon banner, justifying rolling for bigger numbers on the basis of "I use Fischl constantly, I want a five star bow for her. And if I miss it Homa is one of the best weapons in the game."

But then I realized that I have nobody else who wants an R5 lvl 90 Stringless, and that Tighnari is currently settling for the Windblume Ode. And it's not like I don't use him a lot too.

simulacra is okay on him, stringless is pretty bad

tbh slingshot would probably be better on him than windblume

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
What’s a nice 4* bow on Yelan? Or even 3* I guess, since she’s in the unusual position where it looks like attack is meaningless so she’s not losing anything using a 3*.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

What’s a nice 4* bow on Yelan? Or even 3* I guess, since she’s in the unusual position where it looks like attack is meaningless so she’s not losing anything using a 3*.
favonius

if you dont have that, mouun moon/stringless

but you get a free copy of favonius, so use favonius

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got a 3R favonious so will try it out! Is she pretty energy hungry?

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 8, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

very, she wants 100% burst up time and has a pretty long cooldown skill. you usually run energy recharge sands except maybe if shes on a double hydro team, and emblem is her best artifact set

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

Jean has some pretty good ones. Her C2 seems at least as good as some limited 5* constellations (since it's basically a constant 15% attack/movement speed buff).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Hu Tao gets to work with absolutely nobody

And yet stil finished that trial on full health for me. Clearly a weak character that needs a buff.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
A 70/80 Yelan with a Favonious bow, Level 1 talents and 5 artifacts with zero synergy is doing a lot of damage. This bodes well.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Finally got a Hu Tao (because I already have a C1 Yelan). Previously I either lost the coin flip or the other banner got the rolls. Even had some good artifacts laying around for her to use.

Also for the new Yelan havers, the AoE on the charged shot is good for 'fishing'.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I guess of all the canned 5* dupes I could have gotten, at least I got the hot fox guy instead of like, idk, the ice zombie girl

I retract this statement as a result of what's coming out about his eng va

:stare:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

for real though what the gently caress

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Absolute scum

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
drat, for some reason Tighnari needs a 7GB patch to use now

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Tag it with warnings if you need to, but can you link or explain?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

silvergoose posted:

Tag it with warnings if you need to, but can you link or explain?

Sex pervert with minors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Just reissue it in Chinese or Japanese, I assume those VA's aren't loving creeps.