Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

tristeham posted:

they have stupid names

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

exmarx posted:

they use a series of pitchers with built-in filters because water isn't safe directly from the tap
hardly unique

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
make maps like this

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Inventing twitch

I have bad news about SA's role in this.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grimey Drawer

wtf

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

8/10. No Aidens or Jaydens

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

8/10. No Aidens or Jaydens

30% of the team being named a variation of Brayden is pretty bad

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

um excuse me it's called DIVERSITY!???!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

um excuse me it's called DIVERSITY!???!

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"and then i saw the cast member living out of their car in the parking lot. WHERE IS MY DISNEY MAGIC!!!!!?????"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1385581448363716608?s=20&t=EWabfMRrBcOmFlZkIwvCmA

Edit: since it's paywalled

Disney is forgetting that guest immersion is at the core of its business model. When I stand in Galaxy’s Edge or Fantasyland, I know I am in a theme park but through immersion and my willingness to set the real world aside, something magical happens.

That spell is broken when the immersive experience is shattered by the real world. And boy, has Disney been breaking the immersion.

Recently, Disney announced that cast members are now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts. Disney did all of this in the name of allowing cast members to express themselves.

The problem is, I’m not traveling across the country and paying thousands of dollars to watch someone I do not know express themselves. I am there for the immersion and the fantasy, not the reality of a stranger’s self-expression. I do not begrudge these people their individuality and I wish them well in their personal lives, but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business.

What’s next, is Disney going to end the rule barring on stage cellphone use by cast members as an infringement on self-expression.

More broadly, like many corporations, Disney has been politicizing its business. Full disclosure: I am a Christian and a conservative Republican, so the people who run Disney and I do not see eye to eye.

is pepsi ok has issued a correction as of 17:17 on Feb 8, 2023

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Nice wonger, Braden.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

vyelkin posted:

every single person is named Brock

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

exmarx posted:

they use a series of pitchers with built-in filters because water isn't safe directly from the tap

not true! americans are suckers who believe whatever they're told so they spend a bunch of money on filters when it's not necessary

unless they live in flint or jackson they're just a baby who doesn't like the taste of minerals

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

i say swears online posted:

not true! americans are suckers who believe whatever they're told so they spend a bunch of money on filters when it's not necessary

unless they live in flint or jackson they're just a baby who doesn't like the taste of minerals

A very very large amount of the US water supply is now contaminated with PFAS.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I live in Florida, no loving way do I trust our ailing infrastructure to provide me actual clean water.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Disney and Florida are fighting right now and I hope they both lose

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

thetan_guy42 posted:

Disney and Florida are fighting right now and I hope they both lose

:hai:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I drank the water in nigeria until I got cholera

we are not the same

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

A very very large amount of the US water supply is now contaminated with PFAS.

username post combo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I live in Florida, no loving way do I trust our ailing infrastructure to provide me actual clean water.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

also those filters probably just reduce the lead in the water, not eliminate it, unless you get the special ones to do that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

americans constantly talk about toxins like they know what those are

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think this is a pretty good example of what Byung-Chul Han talks about i.e. people can't imagine that it's the things they love that are killing them (cheap and widely available processed food) so they must invent some nebulous outside evil that is ruining the thing that we all agree is good.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

is pepsi ok posted:

processed food

didn't even michael pollan walk this back since it's such a red herring

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah 'processed' doesn't mean anything to me. nuggies are processed but i think they're fine because they're full of stuff that'd just be thrown away otherwise. refined sugars are bad i guess but just because they're empty calories

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

is pepsi ok posted:

I think this is a pretty good example of what Byung-Chul Han talks about i.e. people can't imagine that it's the things they love that are killing them (cheap and widely available processed food) so they must invent some nebulous outside evil that is ruining the thing that we all agree is good.

drat that’s insightful

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

'Course we do. It's those drat vaccines. Now excuse me while I go smoke an ALL NATURAL pack of cigarettes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol gently caress i smoke american spirits

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

whatever this is

quote:

The use of Native American/American Indian imagery by the brand, such as the depiction of an Indigenous person on the package and the use of fake folktales, has been criticized as cultural appropriation and promoting stereotypes.[12][13] Research found that the use of this imagery led to many smokers, including Indigenous peoples, having the misperception that the brand was owned or operated by a tribe/on tribal land and that it was more "natural" and thus healthier.[14] In response, Robin Sommers, the CEO and majority owner of Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, stated that "Native Americans are not a target market for American Spirit", stating that the use of this imagery was due to the company's goal to bring tobacco usage more in line with a perceived "moderation" by Indigenous peoples in the 15th century and that proceeds from sales support Native communities.[13]

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah they rule

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

American Spirit is Hegelian and thus belongs in the cool poo poo thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol gently caress i smoke american spirits

yellow here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dark green menthols. it's flavor country

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dark green menthols. it's flavor country

hosed up poo poo Americans do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

is pepsi ok posted:

Good shout out I'm gonna read this guy's book.

Lol he was born in the same year and city as my dad.