Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

bird with big dick posted:

Are you Dane Cook?

no I'm elon musk 🤣🤣🤣

:69snypa:

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

repiv posted:

good news everyone, another thing that's been free forever is getting paywalled

https://twitter.com/TitterTakeover/status/1623123597332979713

Welp that will officially be it for me, then. Thanks Elon!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Twitter Blue isn't taking in the money Elon expected. Does he really think paywalling API usage will be the magic bullet?

For a super genius savior of humanity he sure is a complete loving moron.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It must be fixable with a few simple ideas. Everyone said it would be turned right around with just a couple of changes! They couldn't all be lying to him.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Twitter Blue isn't taking in the money Elon expected. Does he really think paywalling API usage will be the magic bullet?

I think the twitter deal itself taught us that he's financially illiterate

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He's fired 75% of his staff, turned off a bunch of servers, and stopped paying rent. That combined with subscriptions means Twitter is trending to breakeven. Bing bong.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

explosivo posted:

Welp that will officially be it for me, then. Thanks Elon!

Yea, the desktop client I use is essentially a wrapper around Tweetdeck so that'll pretty much completely stop me from using it. I will never regularly use their website or app.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

repiv posted:

good news everyone, another thing that's been free forever is getting paywalled

https://twitter.com/TitterTakeover/status/1623123597332979713

From everything I've heard, the normal website is straight up unusable now and I ain't spending one red cent on this website, sooooo that's the end of that, I guess.

Dunno what outcome Elon is hoping for here, but his "make everybody pay for stuff that used to be free." plan just seems like it's gonna cause a bunch of people to stop using the site. But, the people on tweetdeck never got ads, so, I guess he doesn't care about that? :lol:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

repiv posted:

also the free API is due to be switched off on thursday and they still haven't provided any specifics on pricing or which if any accounts will be granted exceptions

Wait I thought a talking cat on twitter convinced Elon to keep a free tier. Lord Pepito or something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Extra Large Marge posted:

Wait I thought a talking cat on twitter convinced Elon to keep a free tier. Lord Pepito or something

Only if you pay for Twitter blue, at least that's what Elon was saying.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No one knows what is going except Elon. Twitter employees are probably just as confused.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're probably doing 120 hour weeks and are in a permanent delusional state.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Only if you pay for Twitter blue, at least that's what Elon was saying.

he did say that bots which post "good content" might be allowed to keep posting for free, except there's been no follow-up on exactly how you can apply to be whitelisted or if it's just going to be bots that elon personally likes or what

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/5/23586577/elon-musk-bots-good-content-twitters-api-free

:iiam:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

repiv posted:

he did say that bots which post "good content" might be allowed to keep posting for free, except there's been no follow-up on exactly how you can apply to be whitelisted or if it's just going to be bots that elon personally likes or what

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/5/23586577/elon-musk-bots-good-content-twitters-api-free

:iiam:

Bear in mind it's less than 24 hours until this all supposedly goes into effect and still nobody knows exactly what's going to happen, how it's supposed to work, and what it will actually cost. It really is one weird trick, devs LOVE this

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

kazil posted:

No one knows what is going except Elon. Twitter employees are probably just as confused.

I legit think that Elon doesn't know either. He's been flailing about since Day 1.

Being legally required to buy Twitter was probably the first consequence he's ever suffered.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's called disruption. Move fast and run over kids.

You can't run over kids in the internet but getting rid of cat posting robots is nearly there.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Steadiman posted:

Bear in mind it's less than 24 hours until this all supposedly goes into effect and still nobody knows exactly what's going to happen, how it's supposed to work, and what it will actually cost. It really is one weird trick, devs LOVE this

Also any information regarding the details of the change have been exclusive to nebulous replies to tweets from cat twitter accounts.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
would antman even know about obscure award winning primetime prestige tv shows like Mad Men? like he doesnt even know about common US, pre internet culture memes like wheres the beef or, the dq blizzard cup flip thing.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
move fash and break things

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

alf_pogs posted:

tweeting at someone specifically in response to their tweet then playing the "I don't think about you" line is a move I guess

IT’S JUST BEEN REVOKED. :c00lbutt:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kru posted:

I think the twitter deal itself taught us that he's financially illiterate

No see it's good he paid 44 billion on a dying company because he's so smart and wealthy he can afford to throw around that kind of cash.

Actually he's extremely benevolent because I'm sure the executives and shareholders got a lot of money from the buyout and that's basically charity for the jobless.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Almost Smart posted:

IT’S JUST BEEN REVOKED. :c00lbutt:

For me it was Tuesday

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

raifield posted:

I legit think that Elon doesn't know either. He's been flailing about since Day 1.

Being legally required to buy Twitter was probably the first consequence he's ever suffered.
People say he was pushed down the stairs once in school for being an arsehole too, so that's a consequence. Tragically for all of us, he survived.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

How do you guys pleasure yourselves all day

I’m like 2 minutes, tops, done

My good friend, let me teach you all about the pleasures of edging.

Inzombiac posted:

Elon thinks everyone is as twitter-addicted as he is; it's really, genuinely unthinkable to him that people just.... WON'T tweet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pickled Tink posted:

People say he was pushed down the stairs once in school for being an arsehole too, so that's a consequence. Tragically for all of us, he survived.

His dad almost beat the poo poo out of him for bullying a classmate (I think that was the story, anyway.)

Kids should not be hit but rich rear end in a top hat kids need to be humbled in some way.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Steadiman posted:

For me it was Tuesday
How do you like them apples?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

goatface posted:

They're probably doing 120 hour weeks and are in a permanent delusional state.

I picture Twitter HQ at this point as being like the TV station at the start of the original Dawn of the Dead. Just utter chaos, people either freaking out over poo poo that is by now meaningless or just not giving a poo poo, while Elon holds court with some of his fellow idiots trying to brainstorm what needs to be done next. At some point people are just going to steal a helicopter and make their escape while Elon's all "this is fine"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I imaigne it's like videodrome, in that I imagine Elon just kinda stares blankly at a feed of something he doesn't quite understand or comprehend that's incompatable with human thought, and eventually goes insane.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Murdstone posted:

How do you like them apples?

I sleep in a bed with my wife

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Astrochicken posted:

i'm just online arguing about how if a robot ever has to disarm a nuclear warhead it should be able to say the N-word in order to do so.

this is so embarassing.

Carefully checking Asimov's Laws of Robotics, it does indeed appear that a robot is allowed to use the N-word in order to save human lives from a nuclear bomb.

It shouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

kazil posted:

Bold of you to assume Elon knows what's going on.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
This is two pedophiles arguing about the truth on whether two other pedophiles are telling the truth when accusing the other of being a pedophile.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Neito posted:

Elon thinks everyone is as twitter-addicted as he is; it's really, genuinely unthinkable to him that people just.... WON'T tweet.

This, combined with his desperate quest to get people to pay for his stupid subscription, makes me think that we will sooner or later see a stunt in the order of pre-emptively creating a twitter account for everybody on the planet.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I wonder if that stupid sink is still at Twitter hq.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Murdstone posted:

I wonder if that stupid sink is still at Twitter hq.

He may have sold it off in the auction.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is Elon Musk even real?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Is Elon Musk even real?

Computer! Generate me an idiot. Yes, yes, set the values for "Craven" and "Dingus" to maximum. Sense of humor and ability to self-reflect to zero.

Now. What is the the largest amount of dollars you can allocate in your memory banks to just one man? Do it.

Execute simulation. Financial safety protocols off.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Radio Paranoia posted:

Computer! Generate me an idiot. Yes, yes, set the values for "Craven" and "Dingus" to maximum. Sense of humor and ability to self-reflect to zero.

Now. What is the the largest amount of dollars you can allocate in your memory banks to just one man? Do it.

Execute simulation. Financial safety protocols off.

launching peekel_reek.exe

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

This is two pedophiles arguing about the truth on whether two other pedophiles are telling the truth when accusing the other of being a pedophile.

The village wise man considers their arguments in depth, and decides to have them both speared to death.

It's not really worth a debate.

Elon looks on, concerned...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
I'M RIIIIIICK BOTCH!