Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse
I also miss getting home from school and logging into MSN Messenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

A+J slaps.and I'm ashamed I didn't hear about it until I started reading these threads.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

BREAKING Nekonaughey NEWS

But where are the yuzu?

Vintage Valiant (Sep. 04, 1955)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Somewhere in Camelot, Arthur scowls. "Val better not be starting another international incident..."

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Swedes!!:argh:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Valenti

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/7/03

Brenda Starr 5/14/50

Smokey Stover 10/26/52

Everyday Movies 1/30/36

"Sure I'm busy. My wife's fur collar I'm fixing, my daughter a muff I'm making, and my sister-in-law maybe will give me her sealskin to reline."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 10/14-16/40

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Somewhere in Camelot, Arthur scowls. "Val better not be starting another international incident..."

"What do you think of my blue swede shoes? Skinned him myself."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Imagine being in your 20s and your mom saying your girlfriend can't stay over in your apartment.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Endless Mike posted:

Imagine being in your 20s and your mom saying your girlfriend can't stay over in your her apartment, that she's letting you stay in, rent free.

It makes a little more sense this way

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can't they just gently caress at her place?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

goatface posted:

These are good kids! They don’t gently caress!

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

THE BAD MAN SAID A BAD WORD

Murdstone posted:

These are good kids! They don’t gently caress!
It's too late they heard the s-word, they're all sluts now who must be cast into the outer void.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Took me forever to notice the detail that lets you get the joke. :yarr:

The Family Circus

I see Dolly followed Lupin into the fireplace.

Slylock Fox

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (March 23, 1935)

Peanuts (February 11, 1976)

Miss Peach (July 26, 1989)

Crankshaft, featuring a broadcast professional debasing himself to throw a bone to the rubberneckers.

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 9, 1939)

Out Our Way (January 9-11, 1941)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

goatface posted:

No, because the Bad Cheerleader is constantly loving there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh right, she rooms at the place with the sex-tent and the occasional nudist.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

uhhh yeah that's actually a crime in lots of places

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Great. "If I can't have you, no-one will."

Get hosed, shorty.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
What a badass!

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
The Comics Journal has themselves a look back at Alien Baseball Team, a.k.a. Demons of Baseball:

https://www.tcj.com/the-untouchable-aliens-of-south-korean-comics/?fbclid=IwAR3zhoSlx6XdpGhVLIansiYrSxTfAwVmBci8RiJ_cAkE0VDH86AUe02fnWo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bimmi posted:

The Comics Journal has themselves a look back at Alien Baseball Team, a.k.a. Demons of Baseball:

https://www.tcj.com/the-untouchable-aliens-of-south-korean-comics/?fbclid=IwAR3zhoSlx6XdpGhVLIansiYrSxTfAwVmBci8RiJ_cAkE0VDH86AUe02fnWo

This was a really good read!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

One thing I really like about Retail is how the merchandise is always unidentifiable blobs or boxes.

e. fixed the qtn

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 8, 2023

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

CommonShore posted:

uhhh yeah that's actually a crime in lots of places

I really hope that shorty there gets dumpstered, but I don't think thats where the author is going with this unfortunately.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TegneHanne

Lunch

Noor

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Sashimi is raw fish. Sushi is a category of foods based around rice, often wrapped (with other ingredients) in seaweed. Raw fish is a common ingredient but not universal - cooked fish or just vegetables are also pretty common.

Fair enough, although this feels like a relatively pedantic approach to the topic; I haven't seen people claim "sushi is raw fish" with the intended meaning that sushi is literally defined as being raw fish, instead of being a way to state "sushi often contains raw fish".

Selachian posted:

There's an old joke that a camel is "a horse designed by a committee." Maybe something similar here?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There's an old joke that goes: "how do you recognize a Soviet rear end buzzer? It doesn't buzz and it doesn't fit in the rear end". The joke being that a lot of the stuff coming out of the Soviet Union was insanely badly designed and barely functional. And of course a lot of the stuff there was badly made knockoffs of Western stuff, so it could also be that?
Thank you for the deciphering effort! I had a hunch there was some kinda disparaging saying or such about what kind of people communism creates/desires/something that the strip was referencing, but couldn't come up with anything.

B. Virtanen

ANSU

Fingerpori

Vain Elämää = Just Living/Only Living/Only Life/Just Part of Life, you get the idea
Vain Elämää is a modern Finnish effectively-but-not-literally-reality show where various famous musicians gather together to perform covers of each others' songs. As far as I know it's very popular (or at least used to be), but has the usual reality TV trappings of all participants being expected to show really strong emotions on screen, crying when someone sings a touching cover of their song and so on. Some genuinely well-liked covers have come to be due to the show, though.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

goatface posted:

We suffered through a whole plotline where Bets and her roommates made their very own gently caress tent and official gently caress schedule for their dorm and now they don't even use it.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

We suffered through a whole plotline where Bets and her roommates made their very own gently caress tent and official gently caress schedule for their dorm and now they don't even use it.

Luann

I am CANCELLING MY NEWSPAPER

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

They’re going to go try out costumes in a theater storage closet.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I am quite liking classic Hagar. I actually like modern Hagar, but it's not like it's top comics.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

Cthulhu and Girl