Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The greatest mount is and will forever be the Namazu mikoshi, yes yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm also a big fan of the Dodo, which I bought off the MB and have never regretted

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've said it before, but I'm REALLY happy that this game doesn't stick all its cool mounts/glams behind the cash shop or particular difficult achievements. If you want something specific you might end up stuck, but there's plenty variety all over the place if you just want something interesting to click with.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bruceski posted:

I've said it before, but I'm REALLY happy that this game doesn't stick all its cool mounts/glams behind the cash shop or particular difficult achievements. If you want something specific you might end up stuck, but there's plenty variety all over the place if you just want something interesting to click with.

Also that all of them fly or swim regardless of how stupid it may or may not be!

Edit: Honestly, most of the cash shop mounts aren't even that good in my opinion. I've bought most of them over the years but the only one that has stayed in my mount favorites list is the fenrir.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Case in point: this lad

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Korpokkur Kolossus is still my favorite mount to this day because of the little bouncy animation it makes when you're running on the ground is just so satisfying.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I should hunt down some ShB trial mounts because they're probably as close to netherdrakes as XIV will get.

I love my Hydatos Petrel and Ozmaorb though.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm actually putting effort into doing my PvP dailies/logs this season, the call of Orb is too strong to resist.

Also the glams are pretty sweet, especially the Genyo caster gear.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, my GNB glam is Late Allagan-based, and one day I will finally figure out how to build a decent glam out of the crazy Packliege stuff

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

Dareon posted:

As a fan of dorky-looking mounts, nothing yet tops the Albino Karakul for me.

He hops, he's amazing.

quote:

Although I did just get the Goobue from the sylphs, and that's real stupid too.
His noodle arms flap behind him when he flies like he's Naruto-running through the sky. Very strong contender.

Unfortunately he's very tall and gets in the way when I'm trying to click nodes, or he'd be my eternal gatherer mount.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Korpokkur Kolossus is still my favorite mount to this day because of the little bouncy animation it makes when you're running on the ground is just so satisfying.

:hai:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Antivehicular posted:

one day I will finally figure out how to build a decent glam out of the crazy Packliege stuff

I use the coat from that for my AST glam and I love it to pieces.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I've seen some cool lalas using the caster set but I think it looks uncanny on anyone but the popotos

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I Like the mount I got from eating some butterfingers

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Consummate Professional posted:

I Like the mount I got from eating some butterfingers

Same. I love the little hearts it has when you fly around.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

loving lol that it was set to disable itself if it can't phone home.

The irony here is that prior to 2022-12-28, it wasn't like that. It had been fail-safe for almost four, five years, where if it did not manage to phone home, it would failsafe and continue to operate.

I can only assume that the update check was done vindictively after I disclosed the workaroind using Windows Firewall. (I originally wanted to Pi-Hole it, but Pi-Hole has no provisions for dumping DNS resquests on a per-application basis, at least as far as I could tell)

Thus ensuring that even if people wanted to keep using Gshade and defend him... they can't. His userbase will be zero, and less than if he'd left things as they were in yet more perverse petard-hoisting.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Karakuuuuuul

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kyrosiris posted:

I use the coat from that for my AST glam and I love it to pieces.

It's a great glam. I love that the packliege weapon has a little owl on it!

Speaking of what weapon is that?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Speaking of what weapon is that?

Fae Crown's Star Globe (the Titania EX crafted one).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

This guys gotcha. Doesn't need any insane melds at all and it's what I used to craft all my left side indagator's set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5hKAieWnY

and the gatherers too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvcblYICjA

Thanks! I'll give these videos a watch next day off

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, my GNB glam is Late Allagan-based, and one day I will finally figure out how to build a decent glam out of the crazy Packliege stuff

The doorknocker on the Wolfliege codpiece is certainly one of the design choices of all time.

(That's actually the tier below packliege, same models, different colors)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1623206946634633226?t=8P-jDQb4GTiFbB5QaBFeEg&s=19

Yay!

That means official lyrics soon!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

TheWorldsaStage posted:

That means official lyrics soon!

already out
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/003415.html

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are the EU lyrics, how the gently caress do you pronounce Harbour?

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021

Aphrodite posted:

Those are the EU lyrics, how the gently caress do you pronounce Harbour?

The same way you pronounce it when it's spelled "harbor". Color is colour, endeavor is endeavour. Not complicated.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Volkova III posted:

The same way you pronounce it when it's spelled "harbor". Color is colour, endeavor is endeavour. Not complicated.

Patently untrue. You have to make the /r/:s non-rhotic, introduce t-glottalization, drop some h:s, skip all the cot-caught, father-bother, etc vowel mergers, and so on.

Really, we can't expect americans to just read a european site. It's a wonder if they can read my posts, what with my accent.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So are you not supposed to be able to reach the craftsmanship/control requirements without pentamelding? I would like to upgrade my crafted set to the next one, but even with food I'm still about 400 and 200 short of craftsmanship/control.

Same with the gathering gear, I can't gather the stuff I need to craft the gear because it requires stats I can't reach. Is it really expected that you need to do the pentamelding thing

The 6.3 gear is actually overstatted for current recipes so it should be relatively easy to hit thresholds that were meant for the older middle set. But you’re never gonna get away from pentamelding really without enormous sacrifices
6.4 crafted combat gear will have the new thresholds the 6.3 set was made for

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Xerophyte posted:

Patently untrue. You have to make the /r/:s non-rhotic, introduce t-glottalization, drop some h:s, skip all the cot-caught, father-bother, etc vowel mergers, and so on.

Really, we can't expect americans to just read a european site. It's a wonder if they can read my posts, what with my accent.

IMO if you're doing t-glottalization when you pronounce "harbour" you're doing it wrong

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah well we glottalized all the British T into the harbor and then kicked their asses in 1776. U-S-A, U-S-A.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Qwertycoatl posted:

IMO if you're doing t-glottalization when you pronounce "harbour" you're doing it wrong

Don't know what you mean, I glottalize all the t:s in harbour. You may need to hand in your European license to the nearest official.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm just gonna post a glam because I'm in queue and can't be arsed to make a language joke.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah well we glottalized all the British T into the harbor and then kicked their asses in 1776. U-S-A, U-S-A.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I just saw the old map for Toto-Rak. What the gently caress?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dareon posted:

TBH the actual exp of playing in-game is much worse too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Love the floors whose only purpose is to slow down for no reason at all.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Don't forget the repeated sound of Heavy applying, over and over and over through the whole dungeon. Just to make you aware of the sludge all over the floors that it wasn't possible to avoid.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Dareon posted:

As a fan of dorky-looking mounts, nothing yet tops the Albino Karakul for me.

Look at him.

Gorgeous.

Although I did just get the Goobue from the sylphs, and that's real stupid too.

I love the animation if you toggle walk/run and ride around on him at walk speed.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

parasyte posted:

Don't forget the repeated sound of Heavy applying, over and over and over through the whole dungeon. Just to make you aware of the sludge all over the floors that it wasn't possible to avoid.

Woosh. Woosh. Woosh. Woosh.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dareon posted:

The weirdness is in large part due to it being an almost direct rip from FFXIV 1.0, where it was a more non-linear experience ala old Everquest dungeons that involved beating a bunch of different bosses at its various endpoints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

tbh I still have a Pavlovian response to loading into Toto-Rak even though it’s now merely boring instead of excruciating.